Don’t just love good
Perfect for any sporting house parties â football, baseball, and so on. Also, it’s perfect for those long winter days, or when you simply want a bowl of comfort.
Most of the time, I would add a bunch of vegetables, such as onion, kale or spinach, celery etc. S
I am on the mission to try recipes that my friends are making for years, and when I find one that I love, I will share with Y’all.
This one is all mine though. Â I wanted to skip the beef and make a somewhat lighter version using ground turkey.
Since I had an Italian Sausage in my fridge, I thought it would give a superb flavor, and yes, I was right. It was not overly spicy, although people that do not eat or like spicy even this would be too much. After all, it’s chili so you’d expect a little heat.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affiliate
Turkey and Italian Sausage Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground Turkey
- 1/2 lb Italian Sausage without casting
- 1 large red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 dried Bay leaf
- 2 cans Fire Roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz each can
- 1 1/2 cups organic Chicken broth
- 1 15.5- ounces can Dark Red Kidney Beans drained
- 1 15.5- ounces can Chili Beans
- Add more Salt to taste only if needed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Pickled Jalapenos
Homemade Chili Seasoning for 6 servings
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- Â¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Â¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Â½ tsp Onion powder
- Â¼ tsp. dried Oregano
- Â¼. tsp. dried Parsley
- Â¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp. All-purpose Flour /ORÂ Rice Starch
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pot and add the ground turkey and Italian sausage. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, breaking down the meat until it is completely cooked.
- Add bell pepper, jalapeno, bay leaves and 2 tablespoons of chili seasoning. Stir well and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes at a mediumÂ temperature.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the drained beans and a whole can of chiliÂ beans, then cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 more minutes. Taste to see if it needs more salt to taste.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, and pickled jalapenos if desired.
You mauy use ground beef as well.