My family loves spicy chili and they sure love fries. Put those two together and you get the best comfort food. It looks freaking amazing, and I can’t describe the taste. It‘s bombalishes! Seriously! It’s explosion of flavors packed into one delicious bite.
Of course, you can get chili fries around the town, but you can make your own chili fries easily. With the Football season around the corner, this would be a perfect dish to serve on football nights. You know that we have Sunday night football, as well as Monday night and Thursday too so you can make a big pot of chili and eat this all week long. I know it‘s not the healthiest food, but it‘s so damn good. Plus if you serve it with salad there is balance right there… I got ya back!
Jokes on the side, if you love chili, fries, and cheese then you will love this easy and delicious recipe. You can definitely make chili that you prefer. We love this one with turkey or beef and Italian sausages. You can click here for the recipe if you would like to check mine.
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 bag Crinkle-cut potato you can use any on hand or make your own
- 1 cup Per serving Chili - Chili recipe below
- Mexican Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
- Red Onions
- Sour Cream/Plain Greek Yogurt
- Red Peppers
- Bake or fry Fries. I usually get the best quality frozen fries and bake them with a drizzle of olive oil until crunchy. It takes about 15-18 minutes until I reach a perfect fries. You can also deep fry them or use homemade french fries. Whatever you like using it would be okay.
- Make Chili. I make my own chili from the scratch and I have been making it this way for years. You can make your favorite chili recipe or use mine.
- Now when you have both fries and chili done, put it together. I like taking a bowl and making individual servings. My boys do not eat tomatoes so they actually build their own chili fries.
- Add fries in the bowl, ladle HOT chili over it, sprinkle cheese. While the cheese is melting due to hotness, prep the rest of the toppings to add on top of the chili fries. Sometimes I would microwave chili fries with cheese just to get that bubbling cheese... you can also use the conventional oven but make sure to use oven-safe dish/bowl.
- Add the rest of the desired toppings and serve.