My family and I, love a good Italian meal, just in case you haven’t noticed in the 5 years that I’ve been blogging. I have so many pasta recipes that it’s not even a joke, however, everyone needs one more pasta recipe, right, right? So, my dear readers, today I am sharing Baked Tortellini -filled with prosciutto and cheese, mixed with CLASSICO® Red Sauce, and topped with an Italian cheese blend and toasted breadcrumbs. With that being said, you can seriously use any pasta.
Often, I would prepare this exact meal with fettuccine, or saute a pound of ground beef, pour Classico® Red sauce over it, mix it with cooked pasta, add loads of cheese and bake for 15 minutes. The easiest and the yummiest dinner ever. The best part is, if you have “any” leftovers, pack it for work/school lunch the next day.
CLASSICO® is passionate about using the finest ingredients and they are sharing tasty recipes on their website. So, now the team at Classico challenging you to “make it your own” and share with them your tastiest recipes made of course with Classico’s delicious sauces. The Mason jar is an important part of the rich heritage of the CLASSICO® brand as it helps to ensure each jar of sauce brings an authentic taste to your dinner table.
- 2 packs 12 Oz each Tortellini (depending on your baking dish)
- 1 jar CLASSICO®24 Oz Red Sauce any that you prefer
- 8-10 Oz Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 cup or more Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tsp. Italian Herb Blend/seasoning
- Boil Tortellini according to package -Boil water, add a generous amount of salt and add Tortellini (or any other pasta). When Tortellini floats on the top, they are usually done, 4-5 minutes of boiling (you can always taste and see if they are done before draining).
- Preheat the oven at 400F (200C).
- In the oven safe baking dish, add a few tablespoons of CLASSICO® Red Sauce -I used Fire roasted tomatoes and garlic. Spread equally on the bottom of the baking pan, then add cooked Tortellini.
- Add more sauce, and slightly mix it to cover each piece.
- Sprinkle cheese, just a bit, then gently mix to get the cheese all around Tortellini. Add the rest of the cheese on top, covering the Tortellini completely.
- Preheat the saute/frying pan with oil, add panko breadcrumbs and just lightly let them get toasted (About 2 minutes on medium high temperature). Add Italian Herb blend/seasoning and mix for just a few minutes.
- Add toasted breadcrumbs on top of the cheese and bake the dish for about 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- I served it with an organic baby greens mix salad, and my Garlic and Herbs Flatbread
As I said, you can use any pasta for this, even ravioli. You can add cooked chicken (Shredded/pulled apart leftovers work fine), Sauteed, lightly seasoned ground beef works fantastic with this. You can add steamed vegetables. I kept it simple, but ever so often I'd add blanched broccoli or spinach. You can use a microwave safe dish, and since everything is cooked, just heat it in the microwave for about 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese looks completely melted.