I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
That being said, some of you know that I have changed my diet. Well, I ate balanced meals, in moderation everything, of course. I was always healthy until I was not anymore.
However, I had to change because I take my health rather seriously since the food that I was eating was making me sick.
I still eat everything that my heart desire, but I am taking a healthier approach without losing the taste of food. Now, I use sweeteners that are zero calories and zero sugar, instead of the regular sugar.
Alo, real butter and nondairy one as well, and organic fruits, veggies, and meat.
Now that I mentioned organic meat, I love a beautiful chunk of beef and I just took one more turn in the right direction. Why should you consider getting and switching to organic meat?
Well, the answer is very simple because this is the best meat for our body. After spending many hours of reading about the meat, I know to some of you may seem weird to read about this, trust me you do not want to know what you are eating from the store.
I hate, for example, when I get ground beef and there are three different colors. Yes, most of the stores are combining old ground beef with a new one so they can sell old one easier, that is the only explanation that I could think of.
So just be mindful of that fact when you are not getting your meat from your local farmer. You can still find great meat in the grocery store, but just get one that is organic with USDA Organic label.
Really nasty when you think about what you are feeding your family with, right?
Now let’s get down to business and let me give you the best burger recipe that you will ever taste.
If you try my homemade beef burger please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @SANDRASEASYCOOKING
- 2 Lb Organic Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion minced or shredded
- 1 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tbs. Plain Bread Crumbs (gluten-free are fine as well or almond flour for low carb)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Tbs Water
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- In a cup put bread crumbs and baking soda, add water and stir it; leave it for a minute.
- In a meanwhile put the ground beef in the bowl and add shredded onion, salt, and pepper.
- Combine and add bread crumbs and baking soda mixture, and combine it with ground beef.
- Pour the olive oil on top, cover and place it in the fridge for few hours or overnight.
- Heat your grill and form the patties.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side..if you like well done than about 7 minutes.
- When the patties are almost done cut the buns and place on top of the patties.
- This way your bans will be with the smoky beef flavor too.
- Take it off and arrange the whole Burger.
- 1000's Island Light Dressing/1/2 tsp. for each*optional
- Organic Green Lettuce
- 1 Leaf Cheddar cheese
- Sliced Kosher Dill Pickles
- Buns with sesame seeds
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 135mg Sodium: 568mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 41g