Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or…
I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry. I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day.…
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. They all amazing, easy and delicious.
I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week.
Spicy or non-spicy as long as it got Mexican favor I will devour the whole platter or tacos, enchiladas or burritos.
I could pretty much eat refried beans with a spoon. Yes, shamelessly I have done that before. I have no regrets admitting that fact.
So, some recipes are, of course, fusion but nonetheless, they are so tasty and very easy for anyone to prepare.
I really hope you make some my delicious Cinco de Mayo recipes for your celebration.
If you please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use my hashtag #sandraseaycooking. Thank you!!!
Without further ado, here is my round-up of amazingly delicious recipes from my blog. Direct links under each image.
I wish you safe and happy Cinco de Mayo!
An easy and delicious recipe for Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs with sauteed cabbage. This was so delicious and totally unexpected. The demand for air fryer recipes is truly overwhelming, so I have decided to start testing recipes for my blog and this is the…
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any
I really try to make fish and serve it to my family at least once a week. One tip though, always get salmon that is Wild caught, opposed to getting the one that is farm raised.
You would think that they taste the same, and you are getting identical nutrition, but no, there is a difference.
Do not get me wrong, I bought a farm-raised salmon many times, but I try to get wild caught when it is
Atlantic salmon and Pacific salmon look similar on the outside. But between species and even within the same species, each type of salmon can have different flavors, textures, and flesh color.
Again depends on my availability, I switch between Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Now, if the salmon is frozen, try to defrost it. For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 minutes. Once
If you try this recipe or another from my website, please tag me on social media, preferably Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see all your creations and share with everyone else. Thank you so much for all your support!
Lemon Herb Grilled Salmon
- 1 1/2 pounds Salmon with skin
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Freshly Chopped Dill
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Lemon slices for the garnish
- Wood pellets: MESQUITE or HICKORY
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 325F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, softened unsalted butter, dill, parsley, sea salt, and ground black pepper.
- Generously slather the top of the salmon fillet with the mixture and top with a slice of lemon. You may allow marinating for about 10 minutes or so to absorb the mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on the hot grill grate, skin-side facing down.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 145F and flakes easily, or until the salmon is cooked to your preferred taste.
Serve with Lemon slices and perhaps garlic-butter dip
How long do you cook salmon in the oven?
- It will depend on the size and the thickness of your salmon, of course. If your filet is thick I’d say about 25 minutes in the oven at 400ºF. But it has a normal size I would say about 15 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Products from Amazon.com
You cannot get a meal more simple than these Beef and Sauce Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats. Yes, it does take some time until the squash is cooked but that is pretty much it. My husband and I devoured this one. Even though I did not…
When I look at this Meatball Marinara Sandwich or a Sub, I would just say “Hello, Gorgeous” It looks absolutely mouthwatering and it tastes as you would expect, outstanding! My family loves a good sandwich and this one is one their favorite. I cannot run…
Delicious Broiled Flank Steak! How do you like it, rare, medium-rare or well done?
I am medium rare to a well-done type of person… or at least somewhere in between.
I desperately wanted to grill this one the other day or at least smoke it.
Well, the continuous rain kept me from doing it, so the next best thing was grilling it under the broiler.
The fragrant spices were perfect, and it tasted really tasty.
You know Flank Steak could be a bit chewy or tough, but I think it depends on where you buy your meat, as well as how old it was.
The flank makes a mean fajita, and it’s also an excellent choice for bibimbap, stir-fries, or even Philly cheesesteak.
It is just so delicious that I could eat it every other day.
I got to say that this method of cooking a steak is popularly called London Broil.
Tougher pieces of meat, commonly, flank or top round steak, are left to marinate overnight.
Then you should be broiled under high heat and served by thinly slicing the meat across the grain.
I typically served it low carb for my family. Well, my kids had bread, of course. We are carb lovers after all.
However, my lovely husband and I enjoyed it with some oven-roasted ranch cauliflower cooked in steak dripping.
The other dish was sauteedÂ cabbageÂ in garlic Alfredo sauce, which was perfect. Needless toÂ say, weÂ inhaledÂ this delicious meal.
If you follow Low-Carb Diet this meat is perfect. You can combine it with cabbage like I served my air-fryer ribs or cauliflower, maybe a bowl of greens.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affiliate
If you use my recipe to make this tasty Broiled Flank Steak, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking
Tasty and easy recipe for Broiled Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Flank Steak
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice Lime juice, Vinegar, or similar acid for tenderizing the meat
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated or pressed in a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon per side Grill/Barbecue Spices
- Coat the flank steak with marinade: Place the steak in a shallow dish, like a 9×13-inch baking dish. Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and pour over the steak. Rub the marinade into the steak and flip the steak once or twice in the dish to coat.
- Marinate for about 3 hours (it can marinate overnight in the fridge, covered). Cover the dish and place the steak in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Turn the steak occasionally maybe after minutes. If you leave it overnight try to flip after a couple of hours.
- Heat the broiler and prepare the pan: Set your broiler to its highest setting. Place an oven rack a few inches below the broiler element.
- Drizzle the pan with oil and place the steak on.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, shake off the excess, and place it in the middle of the broiler pan. Place the pan it under the broiler. Cook for 7-10 minutes per side. This all depends on your taste; rare, medium rare or well done.
- The steak is done when the edges are a bit charred and crispy, and you see some dark searing on the top. Using your meat thermometer, check the temperature in the thickest part with an instant-read thermometer: 115F to 120F for a rare steak, 120F to 125F for a medium-rare steak, and 140F to 145F for medium-well steak.
- Note that If additional cooking is needed, cook for another minute or two for every 10 degrees needed; transfer the steak to the oven if it’s becoming too crisp on the edges.
- This is a very important part Transfer the steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into very thin slices using a sharp knife, cutting against the grain. Transfer the slices to a serving platter, then pour the juices from the pan and cutting board over the meat and toss to coat.
Grilled Flank Steak: Instead of broiling, you can also grill flank steak over very high heat on a gas or charcoal grill. The cooking times are the same.
You may marinate this from 3 hours to overnight. The Flank steak takes marinates very well so it will tenderize.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
One more old recipe repost because it is winter season, this is comfort food that we love during winter, and you guys kept asking for this recipe. So here is my stuffed cabbage rolls or as we like to call them, Sarma! As much as…