Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. However, my husband and I loved it in my amazing side dish, Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce.
Goodness! That meal was fitting for a king and a queen. It was so tasty that I wished we had leftovers.
This burger is approachable with accessible ingredients. If you like tuna cakes, then you will love these for sure. Although, I have to add that the taste is far better than tuna cakes. For instance, there is nothing like using fresh fish like this Alaskan halibut.
I feel a bit spoiled and extremely grateful because I get fresh fish from Alaska every month. Sitka Salmon Shares has been a blessing to me and my family. We really love fish, but after getting from this monthly subscription, I know what a difference it has made for us.
Sometimes, it is total through back to the ’80s when we would vacation for weeks at the Adriatic Sea. We would eat freshly caught seafood all the time. Nonetheless, over the years you forget how wild salmon taste or cod.
My family loves going on fishing trips and I really appreciate all the catch that my boys would bring o our tend. However, can you even imagine getting a full box, a bounty of delicious fish every month?
We are talking about three species of wild salmon and four species of whitefish, all seasonally home-delivered to your doorstep through our Community Supported Fishery. Perhaps Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, pot-caught spot prawns, and more sounds better to you?
Check it out here:
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them. I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
Since I am part of their affiliate program I earn a commission for every sign-up. Also, they have been so kind to me and offered for you guys discount code – SEC19. It is good thru 9/30/2019, this code will take $25 off any 2019 CSF share. So click here and check them out.
If you make Simple Halibut Burger Recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Instead of regular beef burgers why don't you make a little switch and make this amazingly delicious and I might add Simple Halibut Burger Recipe. You will not regret it because my halibut burgers are not only simple but extremely tasty as well.
- 1 pound halibut burger meat
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- If your halibut burger meat is frozen then defrost first. I like placing mine in the fridge overnight and mix the ingredients in the morning so it could marinate all day in my fridge for the best-tasting burger.
- Prep and measure everything, then combine all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Line a tray, plate or a baking sheet with silicone baking mat, parchment paper or even plastic wrap would work. This will get the burgers off the tray easily.
- Divide the mixture meat into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties. Sometimes I make them a bit smaller; you could get 6 smaller patties or 4 thicker once. 4 patties would make a bit over 4 oz burger patty.
- Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs on both sides then place on the tray/plate. You can use any breadcrumbs on hand; panko, plain, Italian style, etc.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to up to 12 hours. Allowing burgers to marinate in the fridge will help them bind better as well as cook easier, plus the flavor will be that much tastier.
- Turn your stove to medium-high and heat cast-iron skillet or just a frying pan if you do not have a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the patties, in batches, and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes on one side then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other, flip again and let t cook for an additional two to three minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. The patties will feel firmer in the center when done.
- They are great the next day as well, just make sure to refrigerate them.
You may use some dill as well for the fresh burgers. Also, green onions work well with this mixture.
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Silicone Baking Mats - Non Stick Sheet Mat - Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets - Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (2)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set - Square Grill Pan with Square Tempered Glass Lid (10.5 Inch)
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.