I am feeling great about this series and to have you virtually over for Tuesday Dinners with moi. I was looking into dinner ideas, and what I could share next that I’ve not shared yet on my blog… and then a Thai recipe came to my mind! With your positive response a few weeks ago about green chicken curry, I was pretty confident that this could be to go recipe for your next dinner.
Thai Beef Stir-Fry over Brown Rice
- 2 tsp. Sesame Chili Oil (but you can also use Peanut oil)
- 2 cups Lean Beef chopped into a small chunks
- 1/3 cup Coriander/Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. White peppercorns
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Sugar
- Finley grated Lemon rind from 1/2 lemon or you can use lime instead
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 smaller Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions (white and green parts separated than white halved lengthwise and you can slice all into 3/4 inch pieces.)
- 3 Tbs. Peanuts roughly chopped (unsalted would ideal)
- 3 Tbs. Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp. Fish oil or to taste
Brown Rice, cook according to the package!
Garnish: More lemon rind, green onion, and watercress
- Chop the beef into smaller chunks (bite size pieces), grate the lemon, slice the green onions, bell pepper, and ginger. Chop the peanuts and garlic.
- Not that you finished, chopping and slicing prepare the meat.
- Take a meat hammer and flatten the meat just a bit; place it in a bowl and put the bowl, salt, cilantro, lemon rind, white peppercorn, and sugar; Coat each piece the beef slice; Let it marinate for the next 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes heat your pan or a wok on a high and pour a little bit of oil (1 tsp.).
- Add marinated meat along with the marinade, and stir-fry until meat is not red/pink anymore.
- Transfer the meat into the clean bowl with all the juices that came out; Wipe the pan or wok with a paper towel.
- Heat the pan (wok) again on a medium high temperature and add remaining oil (1 tsp.).
- Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds, and add the white part of the green onions, & bell peppers; Stir-Fry for a minute.
- Add peanuts, watercress, a pinch of salt and put back in the pan (wok) beef chunks with the juices; Stir fry for an additional minute.
- Now increase the heat and add vegetable stock, lemon juice, fish sauce, and green part of the scallions (green onions); stir-fry for just a 20 seconds to heat through the meat.
- Cook the Rice according to the package, always use a bit of salt in a water while cooking the rice + oil.
- Drain and wash.
- Serve the beef stir-fry immediately with a rice and you can add more green onions on top as well as some lemon rind.