I am feeling great about this series and to have you virtually over for Tuesday Dinners with moi. I was looking into dinner ideas, and what I could share next that I’ve not shared yet on my blog… and then a Thai recipe came to my mind! With your positive response a few weeks ago about green chicken curry, I was pretty confident that this could be to go recipe for your next dinner.
Thai Beef Stir-Fry over Brown Rice
- 2 tsp. Sesame Chili Oil (but you can also use Peanut oil)
- 2 cups Lean Beef chopped into a small chunks
- 1/3 cup Coriander/Cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. White peppercorns
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Sugar
- Finley grated Lemon rind from 1/2 lemon or you can use lime instead
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. Fresh Ginger finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 smaller Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Spring Onions (white and green parts separated than white halved lengthwise and you can slice all into 3/4 inch pieces.)
- 3 Tbs. Peanuts roughly chopped (unsalted would ideal)
- 3 Tbs. Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp. Fish oil or to taste
Brown Rice, cook according to the package!
Garnish: More lemon rind, green onion, and watercress
Chop the beef into smaller chunks (bite size pieces), grate the lemon, slice the green onions, bell pepper, and ginger. Chop the peanuts and garlic.
Not that you finished, chopping and slicing prepare the meat.
Take a meat hammer and flatten the meat just a bit; place it in a bowl and put the bowl, salt, cilantro, lemon rind, white peppercorn, and sugar; Coat each piece the beef slice; Let it marinate for the next 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes heat your pan or a wok on a high and pour a little bit of oil (1 tsp.).
Add marinated meat along with the marinade, and stir-fry until meat is not red/pink anymore.
Transfer the meat into the clean bowl with all the juices that came out; Wipe the pan or wok with a paper towel.
Heat the pan (wok) again on a medium high temperature and add remaining oil (1 tsp.).
Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds, and add the white part of the green onions, & bell peppers; Stir-Fry for a minute.
Add peanuts, watercress, a pinch of salt and put back in the pan (wok) beef chunks with the juices; Stir fry for an additional minute.
Now increase the heat and add vegetable stock, lemon juice, fish sauce, and green part of the scallions (green onions); stir-fry for just a 20 seconds to heat through the meat.
Cook the Rice according to the package, always use a bit of salt in a water while cooking the rice + oil.
Drain and wash.
Serve the beef stir-fry immediately with a rice and you can add more green onions on top as well as some lemon rind.