Everything Bagel Baked Chicken with Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe.
Who does not love everything bagel seasoning? Well, I do not know many people. Furthermore, I got to tell you that it is incredibly easy to make this blend yourself, and I will write the recipe below.
So, I make my own twist with the addition of golden flax seeds. I feel like everything bagel seasoning craze took over for a while now, and I can see why ’cause it is freaking delicious.
I did not want to limit myself so I made chicken breast with this seasoning and it was the tastiest chicken. So far I am makng it at least one time a week for our meal prep, salad topping or sandwiches.
I also love making my own things so I just had to create my own homemade everything bagel seasoning.
My family really enjoyed this baked chicken. The kids ate it in sandwiches and I made this beautiful arugula salad with sweet strawberries for myself. This nutty chicken was a perfect addition to my salad.
- 4 Chicken Breast halves with the rib/bone and skin
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley per chicken breast
- EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING:
- 3 tablespoons Black Sesame Seeds
- 3 tablespoons untoasted/raw Sesame Seeds
- 3 tablespoons Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Golden Flaxseeds or brown flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- Make “Everything Bagel Seasoning”.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove and separate bone and rib from each chicken breast as you can see in my pictures above. Leave the skin on because it creates a nice crust.
- Add a drizzle of oil on each chicken breast after you separated from the bone and rub top and bottom.
- Add Everything bagel seasoning on the plate and coat each chicken breast, top, and bottom with the seasoning, then dust it with dried parsley and place on previously greased/oiled baking sheet.
- Drizzle just a tad more oil on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 40-45 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken and if the internal temperature thermometer reads 165°F (at the thickest part of the chicken) then the chicken is cooked and safe to eat.
- Allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing it. This way the chicken is going to be juicy on the inside. All the oil that is leftover on the baking sheet, keep it to drizzle over the chicken before serving.
You can use chicken tights with the skin, however, if you do not like skin at all please remove it or purchase skinless chicken.
If you don’t have poppy seeds or flaxseeds, please omit, I believe that sesame seeds are must because it gives you that nutty sesame seed aroma, taste, and flavor. You can serve it over rice, salad, sandwiches, wraps, lettuce wraps, etc.
It is really delicious however you serve it. You can cook veggies on the baking sheet that you cooked chicken. Please, do not through away that leftover oil. It got so much flavor.
- Pavilion - Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese - You Are My Everything - Large 18 oz Coffee Mug
- Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend 2.3 Oz
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.