I don’t know about you, but I am a sandwich person.
One of top 5 of my favorite sandwiches would be this amazing smoked salmon bagel sandwich.
I devour it and to be honest, I could never become tired of eating this kind of summich. I called this a lazy Friday dinner because it was quick and no cooking required, but everyone loved it. It is really perfect any day of the week as well as for parties.
They are in a way fancy, but not really, if you know what I mean?! I am just in love with this delightful sandwich so that’s why I’ve decided to share it here on my blog.
Of course, creating a sandwich is something that should be personalized. I love building it myself, as for the rest of my fab family, I ask what they want because we are pretty darn serious when it comes to building a sandwich
What is your favorite sandwich?
Smoked Salmon Bagel Sandwiches
- 1 Bagel 6 oz.
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream cheese split in half
- 1 teaspoon chives chopped
- 1/2 Avocado thinly sliced
- 3 ounces thin-sliced smoked salmon
- English cucumber or mini cucumbers thinly sliced
- Fresh Organic Spinach or lettuce
- Red onion
- Drained Capers
- Fresh Dill
- SLICE bagel in half horizontally. Mine was presliced, so I just carefully separated both pieces.
- Spread BOTH sides with cream cheese and sprinkle with the chopped chives.
- Over cheese on 1 bagel half, layer English cucumber or mini cucumber, thinly sliced avocado, smoked salmon, spinach – now, it a good time to add other additions such as red onion and/or capers.
- Set remaining bagel half, cream cheese side down, over filling.
You can personalize it however you would like. I love adding capers and red onion, not in the pic, but it’s absolutely fantastic. You can also try it with chives cream cheese or sprinkle fresh chives like I did because chives give extra flavor and compliment salmon very well. Smoked salmon is also your personal preference. Most of the time I am using Alaskan Smoked Salmon. Bagel.
you have a couple of choices, of course. The one that I am using is “Everything pre-sliced bagel”, and I like the regular size for my family unless it’s a party, then I am using mini bagels.