Alright, boys and girls, let’s talk…
You know when 5 PM hits the clock and you know that you should probably start preparing dinner, but you find yourself either on Pinterest or Instagram, liking pictures or re-pinning, or maybe, just maybe you have one more life left on any Saga game and you just need to pass that level to get the gold package or whatever… Then all of the sudden before you know it, it’s past 6?! Did ya find yourself in that situation, like ever? I am so sure you did! I know that I found myself more than one time.
So, let’s start from there.
I jumped like somebody poured cold water over my head. Dinner is not done, bread is still rising in the bowl, we have some toast, cheese, and salami? But, no, my kids…no, my family is too cool to eat that for dinner. So, my lovelies, I did what I do the best especially under pressure… Get a large pepperoni pizza! LOL! I’m just playing with Y’all.
I pulled these two packs of Hawaiian Buns that were in my pantry, still in my grocery bag, from 3 days ago. Sauteed ground beef, and less than 30 minutes later, we had on the table this AWESOME dinner.
Oh, man! It’s drool-worthy, I am telling you.
Now, kids hear me out. Football season is around the corner, Olympics, of course, are here, summer lake parties, potlucks, you name it… these are crowd pleasers, so I am sure that you will make them at least a few times before summer ends, and by the way, these are perfect for lazy Winter weekend dinners. Just sayin’… You’re welcome!
Beef Taco Sliders
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 Yellow onion chopped
- 1 lbs/453g Ground Beef FAT: 80/20
- 1 pack King Hawaiian buns 8 buns
- 2 cups/226g Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend/Divided
- 1/4 cup Taco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING:
- 1/2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Heat the skillet and ADD 1 TBSP Olive Oil / Temp: Medium HIgh
- Add 1/4 Chopped Onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Add Ground Beef and sauté: 5-6 minutes or until it's no longer pink.
- Add TACO seasoning and keep stirring until the beef is coated with the seasoning.
- Slice in half the whole pack (8 buns) of King Hawaiian buns.
- Spoon the ground beef, then sprinkle with 1 cup of Cheese (Mexican 4 Cheese Blend)
- Add 1 TBSP unsalted melted butter to 1/3 cup Taco Sauce (mild). Mix it together to combine.
- Drizzle over the buns the sauce over the buns and bake it for 15-17 minutes at 375°F/190°C
- Take it out of the oven and sprinkle remaining 1 cup of Mexican Cheese Blend. Place back to bake for about 7 more minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
If you would like to make more than 8 buns, just double the ingredients. King Hawaiian buns give you nice sweetness, but you may use any buns that you prefer. You can use pre-made store TACO seasoning.