Roasted Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich always hit the spot. Always!
This week my kids were on the Fall break, so we were creative and did some fun stuff. Although some days were rainy and rather cold, we still spend it together.
We went to fun places, doing projects, playing board games, cleaning our backyard, taking walks, and of course, we cooked up a storm each day. One of the dishes that we made was grilled cheese sandwiches.
Since both of my boys could not care less about cooked onions, mushrooms, and peppers, they got plain roast beef grilled cheese sandwiches
However, my husband, Anna and I, of course, kicked up a notch. I made this copycat of “Philly cheesesteak” into a grilled cheese sandwich.
I love when it’s a cold and rainy day to make hot soup and these types of sandwiches. It just screams comfort to me.
I know some people hate Mayo in the warm sandwiches. Yes, I will use the word hate. I have been doing this job for 5 years, and I read each comment and reaction.
WATCH MY QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL:
If you make my Roasted Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Roasted Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices of Bread Toast- white, multi-grain, whole wheat, etc.
- 6 Slices of Roast Beef slow cooked, works well
- 4 slices Provolone cheese or Mozzarella
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Onion yellow or red, diced
- 1 tbsp. Bell Pepper diced, green and red, work well together. You may add more.
- 2 Mushrooms
- Pinch: Salt ground black pepper, and red chili flakes
- 1/2 tbsp. Mayo Olive oil regular, etc.
- 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha or any other hot sauce
- Add 1 tbsp. Onion, chopped, diced bell peppers (a tablespoon or more) and 2 sliced mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Then, saute for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat. Transfer it to a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- In another pan, add unsalted butter. Let it melt on low heat. Place two slices of toast (medium-low heat)
- Mix together: 1/2 tbsp. Mayonnaise + 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha. Spread evenly on both slices.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on each slice. Roast beef (any type/kind), 2-3 slices on each slice of the toast. Spoon in sautéed onion, pepper and mushroom.
- Flip the other side on top, and allow to toast for 1-2 minutes on each side. REMEMBER We want to TOAST it, NOT burn it.
- TURN the heat on LOW, and cover with the lid. Every few minutes, uncover and turn the sandwich over. Until the cheese is completely melted.
- You really want to transfer the sauteed vegetables on the paper towel because it could make your sandwich a bit soggy.
- You can use any cheese that you like or have. I made this sandwich with shredded cheeses and sliced too. Shredded melts a bit faster, although it’s not as easy to work with.
- After toasting the bread and flipping a few times, and when it develops a nice golden color, you can place it in the microwave for a minute, instead of placing the Lid on the pan, BUT it could make your bread soft instead of crunchy.
- It is your call! Medium-low heat is the best, even low. It depends on your stove, really. Test and see what works for you the best. For more sandwiches increase the ingredients, of course.
- Sandra’s Easy Cooking is AMAZON AFFILIATE. CHECK OUT MY AMAZON STORE.