Spring is coming, the rain is pouring, it is surprisingly warmer than it should be. Therefore, it puts a smile on my face even if there is no sunshine. I love rainy, gloomy weekends!
With St. Patrick around the corner, March 17th, I thought to make something green, like skinny “Shamrock Smoothie”. Now, I may, or may not intentionally use these particular colors, and they worked beautifully in the taste department. If you ask what yellow represent, well, gold of course! 🙂
A few weeks ago I made Kale smoothie, and honestly, it was the most disgusting thing I have ever made in my life. Yes!
I drank every drop of it, but it was so hard, so, so hard! Above all,
Oh! Dear, God! That combo was so bad that it made me “Uuuuggg” aka gag until I finished. I love Kale, I really do, but in my soup and stew with something smoked like bacon or ribs and potatoes, otherwise, there is no flavor for me.
Anyhow, with that being said when you add bananas it gives you instant sweetness and I could deal with that flavor, I actually liked it. Next time, I added kiwi and mandarin with yogurt and ice, and it was even better
Shamrock Smoothie Kale, Banana, Kiwi and Mandarin Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 Mandarin orange or Tangerines
- 1 Kiwi
- 5 Fl. Oz Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Kale chopped
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
- 2 FL Oz Heavy Whipped Cream or half and a half for extra creaminess, optional
- Add banana, Mandarin orange, kiwi, ice, almond milk.
- Pack on top roughly chopped kale and blend/process until it is completely smooth in texture.
- Add whipped cream or half and a half, close the lid and blend again for a few seconds to combine. It is optional, but it tastes even better!
- Drink immediately!
You can add seedless Oranges or Tangerines.
Bananas: You can add a frozen banana or fresh. I add fresh this time, but frozen is alright too. You can add any milk that you have.