Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs
Most of the time my weekends are working. I don’t know why, perhaps I just got used to it; Testing recipes, photoshoots and editing are just part of my Saturday and Sunday.
When blogging got a little bit more serious for me, my social life went down the drain. I simply don’t have the time, so I take walks/hikes almost every day, mostly to de-stress from basically everything, and it’s usually with my hubby aka drill Sargent or friend of mine.
Also, I just love reading in my free time, either mysteries or books with Lil’ romance and of course cookbooks. How could I ever forget cookbooks?
But there are so many other things that I do to relax, like listening to music and dancing/singing like nobody’s watching, driving, meditating, shopping etc.
When I say meditate, I mean sleeping. That puts me right to sleep.
Don’t you just love the aroma when chicken is baking with little lemon flavor? I love it! Well, anything that is baking in the oven is totally my thing.
Not sayin’ that I hate fried food, but I tend to stay away from it as much as I can… Did you see that–> “I tend”? Yes, indeed! It makes me cry that everything that tastes soo, so good, is equally so bad for us.
Anyhow, this time I stripped the chicken naked and it doesn’t have as much fat as when you are baking it with the skin. Now, I DO love that crispy chicken skin, but you know summer is coming, very unpleasant swimming-suit season, so I have to get out of that comfort zone and think of my hips, people. So, no crispy skin!
Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs
- 8 Chicken Thighs skin off if you prefer
- 1 large Lemon sliced
- 1 Pinch per Thigh Thai Sriracha Sea Salt to taste /few sprinkles on each thigh
Rub and Marinade:
- 1 Tbsp. Weber Garlic and Herb Seasoning it contains sodium
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Rosemary 1 tsp. if fresh
- 1 tsp. Lemon Zest
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 1 tsp. Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper or more
- 2 Tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
- Wash all the chicken thighs and take the skin off, and cut the fat if any.
- Mix all the ingredients for the rub/marinade(chop/mince/cut as directed in the ingredient list)
- Place chicken thighs in the larger bowl and add rub/marinade. Rub the marinade until every piece of chicken is well coated.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes (and up to 2 hrs).
Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on your oven.
- Lightly grease/or spray a baking dish and put chicken, then pour all over the chicken marinade. Slice lemon into thin slices and place one slice on top of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle Sriracha Sea Salt on top.
Bake for 50 minutes or until chicken thigh’s internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.
Let it rest for 5-7 minutes before serving. You may use oil from baking and drizzle over thighs before serving. Serve it over rice, potatoes, or just with a salad.
Darker meat such as thighs, or legs, work well with this recipe.
Chicken breast might get too dry.
You can also use chicken quarters, wings etc.
You can keep the skin on or off. It’s really up to you!
You can definitely use your favorite spices, but one of my personal favorites are “Weber” brand, and I use it a lot in many dishes even on my focaccia, pizza, sauces etc.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME! Thanks!
Picture UPDATED 2015*
Chicken quarters were cooked with the skin on. It was crunchy and delicious, served with roasted sweet peppers and red potatoes, as well as with Iris Soda Bread.
Instead of the store bought spice blend I used Only my RUB without any other seasoning. Check the recipe here. Marinate that I used this time: my spicy rub, rosemary, oil, lemon zest, and juice.