These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks are absolutely amazing with any side dish. We love it with mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes, but I made it before with sauteed veggies as well as shredded cabbage.
This chicken drumsticks are lick your fingers delicious. Did I get your mouth to water? I bet I did!
Every season that approaches, I assume that many are planning their meals pretty much daily, especially if you have kids. I know that we do!
I bought everything to make this dish. When I woke up the next morning, I was pretty excited to start cooking. However, when I opened up my fridge prosciutto was gone.
Yes, ladies and gents, but not to worry I found the suspect! My Husband! Without panicking, I had to substitute with Hickory s
I have changed the original recipe by two ingredients; I used rosemary instead of thyme and bacon instead of prosciutto.
You can still wrap your drumsticks with prosciutto, but bacon is fantastic as well. First of all, it is way cheaper and more accessible to people than tasty, but overpriced prosciutto.
Anyhow, this bacon wrapped chicken drumsticks were crunchy, delicious, and juicy. Everything that you want the chicken to taste like and more.
Also, I love serving it with just plain salad or with dijon mustard dressing. You all know that chicken and bacon and match made in heaven, so what’s not to love. We just loved it, and I hope you will too.
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks,
- 1/2 tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Smoked Thick Bacon Slices
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the skin off the chicken drumsticks and make a few small slits in the meat so the meat can cook easier, or you may prick the chicken several times with a sharp knife.
- Season it with salt and ground black pepper, dried rosemary and parsley, then rub on all the drumsticks bit of olive oil, then roll the bacon slices on. If your bacon slices are smaller then use two slices.
- Bake until cooked through. 30 minutes covered lightly with aluminum foil, take the foil off and cook an additional 30 minutes. The the oven to broil and broil chicken for 5-7 minutes on high. Watch on the chicken so it does not burn. Some ovens muht take less time so be close.
- This recipe would very well with any part of the chicken, and you can use prosciutto.
- You may leave skin on the chicken. It is up to you. I remove mine most of the time, but it is really up to your preference. I tried testing it both ways and my family actually prefers it without the skin.
- Having meat thermometer is a knead little tool that it's not expensive but it's great having it around, plus you will know that your cooked meat is safe to eat.
- The meat thermometer needs to read 180F in the thickest part of the chicken.
- Just in case if you were wondering: According to the USDA, a chicken breast is considered done when an internal temperature of 165F, and the leg and thighs 180F. Otherwise, potentially dangerous bacteria that are known to sicken more than 75 million people and kill about 5,000 people each year can be found in the meat.