These cheese stuffed pasta shells sure can please just about anybody. It is creamy, cheesy, warm, comforting and most definitely delicious. Wouldn’t you agree with me?
Cheese stuffed pasta shells are one of those dinners that my family loves very much. However, in reality, any pasta dish is always welcome on our table.
I was making them so many times until I reached the taste that my family prefred and I hop eyou wil like them too.
In the summertime, when tomatoes are ever so tasty, I would make my own pasta sauce. A few jars of different flavors like marinara and beef flavored.
It is just a great way to eat fresh and it is a true labor of love.
With that being said, using store bought pasta sauce is a beautiful shortcut that I gladly take often, especially in the winter.
I hope you enjoy my stuffed pasta shells as much as my family.
- 12 pieces jumbo pasta shells, plus Salt for the pasta water
- 2 Organic Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 pound Ricotta Cheese or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 pound Mozzarella, shredded, reserve some for the top.
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 24 oz Jar Marinara sauce or use homemade
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and add pasta. Cook shells 12 about minutes, they should be softened, but firm. Drain pasta and cool it down. Read notes and direction on the back of the pasta box as well.
- Combine ricotta and about ¾ pound mozzarella, saving some to top the shells before baking. Then mix the cheese with beaten eggs, dried parsley, a pinch of salt and a good pinch of black pepper.
- Spread a little cheese mixture and then the sauce on the bottom of medium sized casserole dish. Fill shells with rounded spoonful of cheese mixture and arrange them seam side down in casserole dish. You may also use pastry bag like me as well as Ziplock bag. Whatever is easier for you
- Top shells with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella and Asiago cheeses. Place shells in the hot oven preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 15 minutes.
- You may use a homemade sauce.
- To stuff these shells easier, you could fill a large plastic bag with cheese and cut one corner and just fill each shell.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 553 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 5.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 639mg Carbohydrates: 80.9g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 13.4g Protein: 24.5g