Buckwheat Waffles – GF, DF
The very first time I tasted buckwheat waffles it tasted like a cardboard. Yeah, I am not kidding. It still tastes like it, but I am guessing my taste buds adopted that particular taste. I add fresh fruit as you can tell on my images and plenty of delicious maple syrup as well as some type of nuts, depending what I’d have on hand that day.
Buckwheat has been fantastic for us, and it’s a perfect way to include a nutritious meal at least for a breakfast. Like I said below in my notes, Buckwheat is naturally gluten-free even though the “wheat” throw you into believing that it’s not. It has 40g of whole grain per serving and a good source of fiber. My kids ate it and didn’t even notice the difference because of the addition of banana and berries, as well as maple syrup.
Also, I added in my notes health benefits of Buckwheat, so please get informed because it may help you.
I hope you try this recipe and like it. Don’t judge it too much because just think of how amazing it is for our body.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
Buckwheat Waffles - GF, DF
- 1 cup ARROWHEAD MILLS BUCKWHEAT PANCAKE AND WAFFLE MIX
- 1 EGG beaten or an egg substitute
- 1 tbsp OIL I would suggest melted coconut oil or olive oil add to health benefits
- 2 tbsp. Pure Organic Maple Syrup OR 100% Organic Honey
- 1 cup Almond or Coconut milk use Soy Milk as a substitute
- 1/2 cup Gluten free Oats look for organic, non-GMO gluten-free oats, but Gluten Free, Rolled Oats by Bob's Red Mill is not bad at all
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Mix all the ingredients for the waffles until lumps free.
- Grease waffle iron with an oil using a pastry brush.
- Add waffle batter on a hot waffle iron and close.
- Make accordingly to your waffle maker.
- Serve with syrup or honey and fresh fruits and nuts.
GF -- Gluten Free DF -- Dairy Free This is from the ARROWHEAD MILLS BUCKWHEAT PANCAKE AND WAFFLE MIX. IF you want to make your own mix just use ARROWHEAD MILLS BUCKWHEAT FLOUR and add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate). I rarely use mixes, but this one looked promising. ARROWHEAD MILLS is NON-GMO, AND USDA organic. If you look for a taste of your regular waffles this is not it, but if you add syrup or honey as a topping it's quite pleasant. This is NOT a sponsored post nor was I sent this product to review. This is fully purchased on my behalf. I found this particular brand in my local Whole Foods Market, Inc. BUCKWHEAT flour is GLUTEN FREE. Buckwheat Benefits Improves Heart Health By Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Pressure Levels Helps Prevent Gallstones Health-Promoting Potential Equal to or Even Higher than that of Vegetables and Fruits Significant Cardiovascular Benefits for Postmenopausal Women Contains Disease-Fighting Antioxidants Provides Highly Digestible Protein High Fiber Content Helps Improve Digestion Can Help Prevent Diabetes Doesn't Contain Gluten and Is Non-Allergenic Supplies Important Vitamins and Minerals