Marinated Baked Chicken Drumsticks + video
This is one of those dishes that don't require too much standing nor spending time in the kitchen -It's easy peasy lemon squeezy. I actually made two recipes out of this one, but I will first share starter recipe. I am working on a post for a spicy, sweet and delicious chicken drumsticks. Most definitely mouth watering!
Subscribe to my newsletter, check my social media for updates, new recipes or simply come back here soon.Since the Superbowl is around the corner, I can imagine that you already started to plan the menu for the party. Is this healthy version or better said option to share with your family and friends. It's full of flavor and goes pretty much good with any side dish.
I will also have later this week's round up and my food vision what could be yummy for your Superbowl party. So stick around, it's
I have to apologize for my short posts. It's not that I don't have the time to write a long post and about what's going on in my life... But it's just one of those periods that you rather spend writing a short intro about the recipe than about everyday life that could be not boring, but somewhat monotone. It's just part of the motherhood!
WATCH MY NEW VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE Marinated Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Marinated Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Serves 4-6 | Total time: 80+ minutes
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- Drizzle of Oil (1 tbsp.)
- Sprinkle seasoning for chicken/to taste
(such as Weber, McCormicketc.)
- 1 cup light Soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 Onion,
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, low sodium
- Juice of 1 Orange
- In a large Ziploc bag, place chicken drumsticks. OR You can use large mixing bowl, and just cover the chicken to marinate with plastic foil (film). You can take the skin off, if you dislike. Pour in Soy sauce and drop crushed and peeled garlic, onion, and for a little kick and sweetness balance it with juice of 1 orange. Close the bag, massage the chicken drumsticks with all the marinade for a few seconds to code everything. Put on the side and let it marinade for about hour or so (in the fridge), If you are using large bowl, same method, push the chicken under the marinade, so the liquid is above or at the same level as the chicken. Cover and place in the fridge. Do not leave it on the countertop if you will marinade the chicken for 30 minutes or more - you have to keep in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 425°F/218°C/Gas Mark 7. Lightly oil a large baking dish, use roasting grills, which work amazing when you bake chicken. Take the drumsticks out of the marinade, pour a bit of oil, and massage the chicken, then season with seasoning for chicken- maybe a few sprinkles on each piece of chicken and arrange the drumsticks in a single layer.
- Sprinkle a little more of chicken seasoning and bake in the hot oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and drumstick's internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit/75°C.
- This could be marinated overnight. The taste will be only deeper and richer. This recipe is for a quick lunch/dinner fix, the taste is great regardless.
- SEASONING is really up to your preference, but keep in mind that chicken is marinated in a SOY sauce, so you wouldn't need much seasoning or salt. Just perhaps pinch or so on each piece. I use mostly KICK’N CHICKEN SEASONING by Weber. Like they stated on their website, it has a citrus flavor, swimming alongside the mouthwatering spiciness of onion, garlic and red pepper with a hint of orange peel. It's great with pork, veggies and fish, too.
- Sometimes I add ginger to the marinade, or scallions.
- You can use: Chicken Thighs, or wings/darker meat for this. If you would like to use chicken breast I recommend to cut it into strips OR bite size pieces and saute in the pan on the stove after marination with tablespoon of oil, cook until done/10 minutes if the pieces are thin or smaller.
I hope all of you going to have an amazing week ahead! Stay warm and healthy!
ZOOM OUT THE PAGE TO SEE IMAGES BETTER!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at firstname.lastname@example.org.