What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? I feel like that I don’t have a favorite way. I simply love potatoes. Just like pasta, potatoes are a staple of my household. Potatoes are important in my life and in lives so many people…
Tag: VEGETARIAN RECIPES
Simple, delicious and easy veggie-packed vegetarian pasta salad is colorful and perfect for upcoming summer days, grilling season and potlucks. My family loves this Vegetarian Pasta Salad, and I make it often especially when we have a family gathering. For those of you that visiting […]
I love salads, especially this Cucumnver Radish Salad. I eat them every single day with my main meal or on its own. That being said, I do not know if this ever happens to you, but I crave salads.
I literally crave a bowl of greens drizzled with vinaigrette. We rarely use store-bought dressing, but if I use it, then most likely it is Ranch or Thousand Island dressing.
Well, sometimes I like to experiment and get something else, but I always come back to the homemade vinaigrette- lemon, olive oil, herbs and a dash of salt to taste.
What dressing do you like?
I really hope you guys like this one, because I just love fresh and refreshing salads like this, plus summer is around the corner and this will just make your body ready for the beach.
I know, just a mention of the beach makes me cringe. This past week I hit the first goal regarding my fitness journey.
I understand that some of you walk even more, or run, but for me, this was a goal that I was looking forward to finally accomplish.
Small steps, small goals until you are ready to set a bigger one. So, I hit 100K steps in a week. I was so freaking happy! I decided to be on that goal for this week as well, and slowly increase it in April.
While I am talking about the fitness journey let me say that I have been on 4 days water fast and that was one amazing experience. I felt like I got that body RESET what I was looking forward to.
In those 4 days, I lost 11 pounds, which was remarkable. I only had water and hot tea to help with hunger cramps, but other than that I felt fantastic.
Also, I decided to do that one time a month and just cleanse, and detox my body and connect with myself just a bit more. Since doing Keto my life changed.
I did for 6 months then slowly started every other day introducing other foods such as fruit and vegetables. I realized that dairy milk does not agree with.
Also, I do not use regular sugar at all. I do not eat potatoes every day, peas or bananas but on days when I crave it, I make lunch with them just like meat.
You would think that I consume it daily but I do not simple beause I crave vegetables too.
Regarding pasta, I try to eat gluten free also on days when I crave it. It is not on regular bases so I do not deprive myself. I walk daily si those burn pretty soon.
Tell me your journey… weight-loss story? What do you do to keep yourself in shape? Do you wish to start the weight-loss journey just to feel better?
Do you need motivation, healthy recipes or perhaps guidance on how to start, and what to do?
Well, I would love to help. please leave a comment and let’s talk about it. It can be totally ANONYMOUS.
Let me just be clear here for a second, I am not a skinny girl I never was and I never will be. See, I do have curves that I finally love and appreciate. To be honest, I am healthy, I feel great and have a balance in my life.
I feel so much better when I am eating clean at least four times a week. However, at the same time, I like eating other foods sometimes.
Well, I love food, and I love cooking as you can tell, so I try to exercise 5 days a week, to keep myself in the healthy weight and I actually feel fantastic.
Anyhow, please let me know if you want any recipes (made easy) that will support your diet, or clean up your diet, some guidance what to do and how to start weight loss journey, etc.
Let us just talk about it and motivate each other. It does not matter how old you are; we can always inspire and motivate one another, right?
I am not an expert at all, but I am a woman who went through so many ups and downs and I know what works for me.
That being said, without taking a step forward, moving my butt, and finding food that is working for my body like balanced meals I would not lose even one pound, in fact, I would gain weight.
It is a reality and that is the truth. There is no magic pill, you guysâ¦ Please, share with me!
I love salads, and I eat them every single day with my main meal or on its own. I don’t know if this ever happens to you, but I crave salads and this one is definitely a winner.
- 1 English cucumber medium size
- 6-7 Radish sliced
- 1/4-1/2 Red onion
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. Vinegar add more if you like it sour
- Juice from 1/2 ripe lemon about 1 tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar *optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
- You can slice thinly cucumber, radish, and onion, or use Spiralizer to slice the vegetables.
- Mix it together and add a generous amount of salt just to taste.
- In the jar add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix it well to combine.
- Using spoon, drizzle vinaigrette all over the salad. You do not have to add every drop vinaigrette just add a couple of tablespoons and serve on the side if you need to add more.
- Serve immediately as it is or with any type of protein; fish, steak, burgers, chicken, tofu, etc.
You can use fennel, leeks or shallots with cucumber and radish. Perfect combo!
This Vinaigrette works for me personally, but you can add more or less to please your taste buds.
How to get most out of the lemon? Before slicing the lemon in half, roll the lemon on the countertop, applying a bit of pressure, then cut in half.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5-Blade Spiralizer Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Noodle Maker, Fruits and Veggies Slicer for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals with Labeled Blades and Storage Box, Cleaning Brush (Free Recipe Book)
- Mandoline Slicer Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - 5 in 1 Veggie Slicer Mandoline Food Slicer with Julienne Grater - V Slicer Mandoline Cutter - Vegetable Cutter Zoodle Maker - Vegetable Spiralizer
The combination of Meatless Meatballs with Cauliflower and Broccoli just fit together like peas and carrots in the pot pie. I just loved everything. I had my niece over for lunch, and she enjoyed it as well. So, these meatballs are obviously meatless. I do […]
I have been on the salad kick lately, and I absolutely love it. I think this combination of ingredients works pretty well with each other and a nice sour taste from vinaigrette gives you a nice zesty taste which is just perfect for this salad. […]
Simple, delicious and perfect for a game day! Don’t you just love nachos? If I am being honest, I could seriously eat this whole tray of nachos. I love them as much a much family.
This time I tried something different or new and kids seems to love it, so when I told them “it’s meatless”, they could not believe it! It was really tasty.
Pizza and nachos are stable on Sunday when we watch football, and I wouldn’t change it for anything. With that being said, sometimes I serve chicken wings or sliders as well. Of course, regarding this recipe, you can totally double this.
Please read notes for other ideas and tips. Happy Cooking!
MEATLESS CHILI NACHOS
Delicious, easy and perfect for entertaining; MEATLESS CHILI NACHOS
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Pk Veggie Sausage
- 1 can Chili Beans Vegetarian
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 bag Corn Chips Preferably Multigrain
- 10 oz Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend or Cheese Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion
- 2-3 Scallions
- 1-2 Tomato
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a skillet add about 1 tbsp Olive Oil, then add Veggie sausage. Saute for a couple of minutes on medium heat. Break into small pieces using a fork. Press and break, continue sauteeing until it is heated through and cooked, 3-4 minutes.
- To the veggie sausage, add can of chili beans and salsa, stir well and coat the veggie sausage. Take off the heat.
- Add tortilla/corn chips on the baking sheet, about half the bag, then scoop veggie sausage mixture (half of the mixture) and add on the chips. Add cheese and bake for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and bubbly. You can use nacho cheese sauce**
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and add another layer of veggie sausage mixture, then top it with remaining cheese. Bake for a couple of minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Chop and dice onion, scallions, tomato and parsley or cilantro.
- Add the topping on the nachos and serve with more salsa and sour cream on the side.
- Serve Immediately!
You can do this ahead and put together when it time to entertain. If you do not want this meatless, use ground beef or turkey and add chili beans of your choice. IF you are using ground beef, make sure to drain any excess oil before adding beans and salsa. For vegan cheese, you may try “GO VEGGIE” Vegan products are dairy and lactose-free and do not contain casein, eggs, or gluten. If you don’t want to use chili beans, well, you can use black beans or any that you like or have on hand.
Scallion-Mushroom Frittata is one of my go-to brunches, especially when the kids are going to school. PBJ sandwiches or cereals just do not cut it anymore. Well, they never did. I was more of eggs and bacon gal. With that being said, this kind of breakfast is perfect to […]
Super green and super delicious spaghetti makes one perfect dinner. My family and I fell in love with this one, and I’ve been making it for a while now. It did come as a surprise that my kids actually love it, but I couldn’t be happier.
You see, this Ronzoni SuperGreensâ¢Â Spaghetti is enriched pasta with 5 green vegetables: spinach, zucchini, broccoli, parsley, and kale. A good source of fiber and 5 vitamins & minerals (iron, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin & folate).
So, you can see why I am happy that they all love it. Â Sometimes, I’d play with a sauce; pasta sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto, etc.
The texture is not bad at all either. You’d think that pasta got a strong vegetable aftertaste, and it does just a tiny bit, but in a really good way.
If you never tried it, you might like it too. Â By the way, this is not sponsored by Ronzoni whatsoever. I just really like this pasta. Â
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is Amazon Affiliate
Olive Oil-Garlic SuperGreens Spaghetti
- 1 Pack SuperGreensâ¢ SpaghettiÂ + saltÂ + water
- 1 â4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves Â (sliced, crushed or chopped)
- Pinch of Crushed Chili Flakes
- 1 â2 tablespoon dried parsley
- Pasta Water
- Parm Cheese optional
- Boil a pot of water with a generous pinch of salt, and add pasta. You can follow instruction on the pasta box.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 1/4 cup of Olive oil, and add garlic. I like garlic, sliced, but you can slice it or crush it. Turn the heat to medium-low. We do not want to burn the garlic, just slightly toasted. When the garlic is nearlyÂ golden, light golden preferably, add a pinch of crushed chili -It is not necessary, but it is very good. Keep stirring or moving the garlic to preventÂ from burning. You would add chili flakes toward the end of toasting because you want the flavor, not the bitterness. So cook for about 20-30 seconds.
- As soon as the pasta is al dente, using a large fork or kitchen tongs, transfer it to the skillet with the roasted garlic, chiliÂ flakes, and oil. Then add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water and dried parsley, then cook it all together over medium heat, stirring and tossing rapidly, to emulsify the oil with the starchy pasta water.
- You may use grated parm cheese if you wish, but it is not necessary.
You may add steamed vegetables with this pasta. Timing is everything. When you see that your pasta is nearlyÂ done, start slowly on a medium-low temp toasting the garlic. You want garlic close to the golden color. I don’t drain pasta, I just pull it out of the water, but you can drain it, but make sure to reserve some of the pasta water.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $7.35