For some people letting go of summer is hard, and some people live with summer all year round. We make this recipe all summer long and I am officially letting go of summer with these amazing Sweet Pan-Roasted Peppers with Garlic Infused Sauce. I am…
Tag: VEGETARIAN RECIPES
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias What do you think of this Spooky Halloween Cauliflower Bowl Bean Dip Tray? I hope you guys like it. Halloween is just around the corner…
Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad is one delightful meal. It is pretty and tasty. The first time I tried tofu was about 10 years ago, and let me tell you, I was not a big fan.
I know now why the first time I made tofu it did not taste as good.
To be honest, It looked so appetizing like a block of delicious cheese but it didn’t taste like cheese at all.
So, I started experimenting with different flavors to eat tofu. Right now, I absolutely enjoy tofu.
I retained exactly the same unpleasant factual structure of “Yuck!” when I tried Avocado for the first time or Peanut Butter.
I did not grow up with those foods. By all means, I believe that we had them around in certain local stores, but I have never, ever taste them.
I know that you are laughing, or shaking your head, but seriously the first time I tried delicious Peanut butter I was in my late teens, like 18 years old.
Well, I took peanut butter straight from the jar and almost puked. I know, I went away from the specific topic of this recipe.
However, I just wanted to tell you that all those foods that I positively hated or didn’t grow up eating, now I genuinely love.
I still have people asking me how the tofu tastes? It tastes like nothing, literally.
It is like a sponge, so you got to season it so the tofu could absorb the aroma and flavor. I hope you give tofu a chance. Always get organic kind. Tofu is not expensive so invest in good organic foods.
I hope you try this easy Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad recipe because it is truly delicious.
Hey, and if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share it with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Healthy and easy salad with tofu.
- 1 pack First or Extra Firm Organic Tofu
- Salt to taste about 1/4 teaspoon on each side
- 1 teaspoon Mesquite Seasoning McCormick brand or similar
- Oil to coat the skillet
- Mixed baby greens or Arugula any on hand
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze as much water from the tofu as you can. I add just enjoy pressure not to break tofu block. Wrap in a couple of sheets of kitchen paper towel and keep pat drying it.
- Add Salt on all sides a bit then keep lightly squeezing water out of the tofu.
- Slice tofu into equal slices and add a bit of salt to taste then Mesquite Seasoning. A good pinch of seasoning, You can add any seasoning that you like or prefer, it doesn't have to necessarily be Mesquite Seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or any pan that got grill marks. You can also use a regular pan if you do not have a grill pan. Add a drizzle of oil and allow it to heat up. Turn the heat to medium-high and add tofu.
- Allow tofu to cook or grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see that it is getting nicely golden. Flip on the other side and grill until golden.
- Prep mixed greens on the side, dress them nicely with the olive oil-lemon vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Arrange Tofu on top of the greens then add some tomatoes or any other fruit/ veggies that you would like. Drizzle some more dressing and serve.
You may use any dressing that you prefer. Personally, I just love olive oil-lemon vinaigrette. Also, my kids were dipping the tofu into buffalo-ranch and they loved it. For the tofu to taste good you got to season it to taste, simple as that.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Professional 8 Inch Chefs Knife Set - High Carbon Chef Knife + FREE BONUS Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stainless Steel Rod - High Quality , Razor Sharp, Ergonomic Grip, Balanced Weight.By YourSharpChoices
- Vegan Life Wooden Tofu Press - Removes Water From Tofu Block | Tofu Making Kit
- Bamboo Tofu Press | Removes Excess Water from Tofu in 10-15 Minutes | Solid Wood Tofu Press with Stainless Steel Hardware | Eco-Friendly and Non-Toxic Alternative to Plastic Presses | Made in USA
What is your favorite way to eat potatoes? I feel like that I don’t have a favorite way. I simply love potatoes. Just like pasta, potatoes are a staple of my household. Potatoes are important in my life and in lives so many people…
Simple, delicious and easy veggie-packed vegetarian pasta salad is colorful and perfect for upcoming summer days, grilling season and potlucks. My family loves this Vegetarian Pasta Salad, and I make it often especially when we have a family gathering. For those of you that visiting…
I love salads, especially this Cucumber Radish Salad. I eat them every single day with my main meal or on its own.
That being said, I do not know if this ever happens to you, but I crave salads.
I literally crave a bowl of greens drizzled with vinaigrette.
We rarely use store-bought dressing, but if I use it, then most likely it is Ranch or Thousand Island dressing.
Well, sometimes I like to experiment and get something else. However, I always come back to the homemade vinaigrette- lemon, olive oil, herbs and a dash of salt to taste.
What dressing do you like?
I really hope you guys like this one, because I just love fresh and refreshing salads like this.
In addition, summer season is around the corner and this will just make your body ready for the beach.
I know, just a mention of the beach makes me cringe. This past week I hit the first goal regarding my fitness journey.
I understand that some of you walk even more, or run, but for me, this was a goal that I was looking forward to finally accomplish.
Small steps, small goals until you are ready to set a bigger one. So, I hit 100K steps in a week. I was so freaking happy!
I decided to be on that goal for this week as well, and slowly increase it in April.
While I am talking about the fitness journey let me say that I have been on 4 days water fast and that was one amazing experience. I felt like I got that body RESET what I was looking forward to.
In those 4 days, I have lost 11 pounds, which was remarkable.
I only had water and hot tea to help with hunger cramps, but other than that I felt fantastic.
Also, I decided to do that one time a month and just cleanse, and detox my body and connect with myself just a bit more. Since doing Keto my life changed.
I did for 6 months then slowly started every other day introducing other foods such as fruit and vegetables. I realized that dairy milk does not agree with.
Also, I do not use regular sugar at all. I do not eat potatoes every day, peas or bananas but on days when I crave it.
We eat salads, like this Cucumber Radish Salad, and all kinds of other foods in moderation.
You would think that I consume it daily but I do not simple beause I crave vegetables too.
Regarding pasta, I try to eat gluten free also on days when I crave it. It is not on regular bases so I do not deprive myself. I walk daily si those burn pretty soon.
Tell me your journey… weight-loss story? What do you do to keep yourself in shape? Do you wish to start the weight-loss journey just to feel better?
Do you need motivation, healthy recipes or perhaps guidance on how to start, and what to do?
Well, I would love to help. please leave a comment and let’s talk about it. It can be totally ANONYMOUS.
Let me just be clear here for a second, I am not a skinny girl I never was and I never will be.
See, I do have curves that I finally love and appreciate. To be honest, I am healthy, I feel great and have a balance in my life.
I feel so much better when I am eating clean at least four times a week. However, at the same time, I like eating other foods sometimes.
Well, I love food, and I love cooking as you can tell. I try to exercise 5 days a week, to keep myself in the healthy weight and I actually feel fantastic.
Anyhow, please let me know if you want any recipes (made easy) that will support your diet, or clean up your diet, some guidance what to do and how to start weight loss journey, etc.
Let us just talk about it and motivate each other. It does not matter how old you are; we can always inspire and motivate one another, right?
I am not an expert at all, but I am a woman who went through so many ups and downs and I know what works for me.
That being said, without taking a step forward, moving my butt, and finding food that is working for my body I would not lose even one pound. In fact, I would gain weight.
It is a reality and that is the truth. There is no magic pill, you guysâ¦ Please, share with me!
If you make my Cucumber Radish Salad, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking
I love salads, and I eat them every single day with my main meal or on its own. I don’t know if this ever happens to you, but I crave salads and this one is definitely a winner.
- 1 English cucumber medium size
- 6-7 Radish sliced
- 1/4-1/2 Red onion
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. Vinegar add more if you like it sour
- Juice from 1/2 ripe lemon about 1 tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar *optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
- You can slice thinly cucumber, radish, and onion, or use Spiralizer to slice the vegetables.
- Mix it together and add a generous amount of salt just to taste.
- In the jar add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix it well to combine.
- Using spoon, drizzle vinaigrette all over the salad. You do not have to add every drop vinaigrette just add a couple of tablespoons and serve on the side if you need to add more.
- Serve immediately as it is or with any type of protein; fish, steak, burgers, chicken, tofu, etc.
You can use fennel, leeks or shallots with cucumber and radish. Perfect combo!
This Vinaigrette works for me personally, but you can add more or less to please your taste buds.
How to get most out of the lemon? Before slicing the lemon in half, roll the lemon on the countertop, applying a bit of pressure, then cut in half.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5-Blade Spiralizer Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Noodle Maker, Fruits and Veggies Slicer for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals with Labeled Blades and Storage Box, Cleaning Brush (Free Recipe Book)
- Mandoline Slicer Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - 5 in 1 Veggie Slicer Mandoline Food Slicer with Julienne Grater - V Slicer Mandoline Cutter - Vegetable Cutter Zoodle Maker - Vegetable Spiralizer
The combination of Meatless Meatballs with Cauliflower and Broccoli just fit together like peas and carrots in the pot pie. I just loved everything. I had my niece over for lunch, and she enjoyed it as well. So, these meatballs are obviously meatless. I do…
Scallion-Mushroom Frittata is one of my go-to brunches, especially when the kids are going to school. PBJ sandwiches or cereals just do not cut it anymore.
Well, they never did. I was more of eggs and bacon gal. With that being said, this kind of breakfast is perfect to wake them up and prepare for a long school day.
Don’t you just love frittatas?
They are so easy and versatile, and my family absolutely loves them.
Well, they certainly do not like it when I add mushrooms or spinach. Boy, do not like that at all. My husband, Nebs is warming up and my daughter and I love it either way.
Needless to say, there is nothing better than a homemade breakfast. I am not much of a breakfast eater. However, I do love a good brunch, of course, but this meal always hit the spot.
I just love frittatas. We switch things up depending on the season, and sometimes I use what we have in the fridge.
If you make Scallion-Mushroom Frittata or any other recipe from my blog, tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking Thank you in advance!
Tasty and easy breakfast or brunch idea.
- 3 Eggs slightly mixed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. Pine Nuts
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Turn oven to broil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Over medium-high temp, heat oven-safe skillet on the stove top. Spay or brush a skillet with oil or butter.
- Add chopped scallions, mushrooms and spinach in the skillet and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over it and cook for about 2 minutes on medium high on the stove top or until the egg mixture has started to set on the bottom.
- Add cheese on top of the eggs and toss pine nuts on top of the cheese.
- Place skillet in the oven and broil for about 3 to 4 minutes on high or until it is lightly brown and fluffy. Remove from a skillet and cut into wedges.
You can use small bits of bacon as well, or omit mushrooms if you do not like them. It's all about what you have on hand or like.