Gingerbread cookies are the most popular cookies during the holiday Xmas season at my house. It is a shame that I never posted on my blog. The thing is I always thought that there are so many recipes online why would you even make mine. […]
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this […]
There is undoubtedly nothing better than dunking a crispy chocolate chip cookies in a warm cup of frothy milk. Mhmm! My kids absolutely love that.
I mean, aren’t all the kids the same? To be honest, I fondly remember when I was just a kid. I would crumble many homemade cookies and eat it like a bowl or a mug of cereal. Not necessarily healthy, but I loved it.
Every so often I make these a bit thicker, but most of the time my family loves their cookies thin and crispy.
My lovely daughter, Anna, loves microwaving it for 10 seconds and instantly making them softer, which is not bad at all. It actually tastes like freshly baked cookies.
I love cookies!!! The only cookies that I am not a huge fan of would probably be Oreos, but if I don’t have any I would most definitely inhale a couple of Oreos as well.
I know everyone in this food blogging world is posting Xmas cookies, but I feel like these cookies are timeless and seasonless. Any day of the year is a good day to make homemade cookies.
I hope you guys try our crispy chocolate chip cookies and enjoy them as much as we did.
If you make my yummy Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see your delicious creations.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is affiliated with Amazon. I love amazon so to have my favorite products on it is awesome.
I started to add items to my Amazon store of things that I have used in the past. It is a slow process, but it is fun and interesting. CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT
Thank you guys for all your support!
Makes Approximately 3 dozen (36 cookies) It depends how large or small you make them.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks optional (65%-85% dark)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add 1/4 cup water, vanilla, and one egg. Beat until well incorporated, around1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. (now would be a good time to add crushed or chopped nuts)
- Once incorporated, cover a bowl and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes before baking. It bakes wonderfully when it’s a bit colder, and the dough is easier to work with.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper because the cookies will spread. You may use ice cream scoop to keep the size of the cookies the same. AirBake Natural Aluminum 2 Pack Insulated Cookie Sheet, no burn design, 14 x 12in & 16 x 14in on Amazon
- Bake until cookies is golden brown 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- You may freeze cookie dough. You can make dough balls with your ice cream scoop and place in the freezer-safe airtight container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can also make 6-12 dough balls per freezer bag and put in the ziplock bags.
- Dark chocolate brings a different level of tasty in chocolate chip cookies when mixed, of course, with chocolate chips. You may use any chocolate that you prefer. I love chocolate, but I don’t want chocolate chips to overwhelm the cookie, so this amount we personally prefer. You may add less or more.
- Also, you may add 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts, like walnuts or pecans. In my opinion, nuts are making these cookies even better.
- Baking time is per batch. If you have 3 trays/baking pans to bake and one oven, well it will take for each baking pan to bake 12-15 minutes.
- Brush your baking pan with a bit of butter or oil and line a parchment paper on top. It is so much easier to keep the parchment paper glued on, otherwise, it just rolls and moves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream are amazingly delicious. They are even sweeter when made in the company of your kid. When we have breaks from school we love cooking together, making friendly cooking competitions and creating memories. Tap here for more tasty desserts These cupcakes […]