Baked Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorite Autumn treats. It warms your heart and soul, and the pleasant aroma is just enchanting. I did not grow up with sweet potatoes. The first time I tried sweet potatoes I was 18 or 19 years old. read more
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this read more
In my opinion, Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most addictive, but tasty snacks that we could ever munch on.
They are a labor of love, truly. We do need several steps to prep them, a drop of patience and love but they are totally worth it.
I still vividly remember autumn and wintertime in Belgrade. Well, I could not wait until school is finished so I could walk by my favorite street vendor and buy a newspaper cone of pumpkin seeds as well as chestnuts.
It keeps you warm as much as satisfied while you wait until a trolley or a bus gets you. Fun memories!
To move to the present time, pumpkin carving and taking the seeds out has been a family affair. An amazing activity for the kids.
We got these two huge pumpings. I was so happy to see that we had so many seeds. I really love this addictive snack.
What are some of the Fall or Winter activities that you do with your family or just with your kids?
Anyhow, what I wanted to point out that this was the first year that I was soaking seeds. To be frank, they came out much better, so I encourage you to follow the steps that I wrote in my recipe.
I would love to hear how you make pumpkin seeds?
My husband and I can’t stop eating. In the last few days, more than half has been gone. We pulled out 6 cups of seeds. Unbelievable! I am telling you, these pumpkins were amazing.
If you use my recipe to make Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance for all your support.
Snack you might like:
Easy, tasty and healthy snack idea.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- A drizzle of oil for each batch
Clean the seeds
- Separate the seeds from the stringy pulp, rinse the seeds in a colander under cold water.
- After cleaning, which is the hardest part, soak in 2 cups of cold water. Soak for at least 6 hours. Drain.
Boil the seeds
- Boil the seeds for 10 minutes in salted water.
- All you need is 2 cups of water and 2 teaspoon salt.
- Boiling before roasting is very important because you will cook the seeds so when you roast them they will be cooked through.
- Drain and leave them in the colander to cool and air dry.
Dry the seeds
- Do not use paper towels because the seeds will stick. I would recommend a clean cotton towel.
- Dry well, and then preheat oven to 350F.
Season the seeds
I used a drizzle of oil, then a sprinkle of sea salt and rosemary. You may use any other herb.
Roast the seeds
- Keep seeds in the single layer. I made 3 batches just to keep them in a single layer.
- Depending on your oven, but do check them at 18 minutes. I take them out at 21 minutes.
- Set a timer at 10 minutes, and shake your baking sheet. This will prevent seeds from sticking and they will roast beautifully.
Allow the seeds to cool down completely, then store in the ziplock bag.
- Taking the seeds out of the pumpkin is not included in the prep time.
- Nuts and seeds have enzymes to help prevent them from sprouting prematurely. However, those enzymes can make pumpkin seeds difficult to digest which is why soaking comes in handy. By soaking them in salted water, you are stripping away the enzymes and making the seeds much easier to digest. source: Wellness Mama
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These tasty, moist and beautiful Gluten-Free Banana Cocoa Muffins are absolutely amazing for breakfast, brunch or dessert. We were quite impressed by the gluten-free all-purpose flour and the way these muffins turned out. Yes, my family tried to eat gluten-free most of the time if read more
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own. What better way to start your morning than with a cup of coffee or tea and a nice, delectable Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuit Danish. Warm, sweet, delicious and most definitely an easy read more
Brownies — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family!
Not only are they delightful to eat, but they are just as pleasing to make! The memories created with the people you love when baking brownies are truly unforgettable.
That being said, I went a step further and surprised my family one late afternoon with the most delightful brownies and yogurt summer parfait. Everyone loved it so much.
Every now and again I like to splurge on my eating, and these Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies are my new tasty treat when choosing what to satisfy my sweet tooth with.
The steamy, aesthetically pleasing appearance combined with the powerful rich and gooey flavor leaves these brownies irresistible.
When my kids come home from a long day at school, I’ve never seen them happier than when a plate of delicious brownies is presented to them at the table after a hearty meal.
Now that summer has kicked in, and their two-month break as commenced, all they ask for are these parfaits.
These sugary treats are nothing but satisfying, and never disappoint consumers.
From the way they perfectly crumble into your mouth, to the way they delicately enter your pallet and please every taste bud, these brownies are nothing but gold. People of all ages enjoy these alluring goodies.
You can purchase the new Pillsbury Place N Bake Brownies at Publix.
I got them on aisle 16, where you would usually find other Pillsbury goodies just ready for you to bake them. These Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies come in Chocolate Fudge, Peanut Butter Chip, and Marshmallow.
If you make these Brownies and Yogurt Summer Parfait, please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to share your creation with everyone. Thank you!!!
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own.
Brownies and Yogurt Summer Parfait — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family!
- 1 Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies, Chocolate Fudge, 12CT
- 1 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 pound Raspberry
- 1/4 pound Strawberry
- 1/4 pound Blueberry
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Follow instructions on the back of the Pillsbury Place & Bake Brownies.
- After baking allow them to cool down for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut each brownie into 4 equal pieces. Use 2 brownies for each serving of this parfait for the best effect.
- In each glass add a few pieces of brownies following 2 tablespoons of yogurt, and then add mixed berries, a tablespoon or so for each glass.
- Top the berries with a tablespoon or two of yogurt then add a few more slices of brownies and so on until you have layers of brownies, yogurt, and berries.
- Garnish with fresh mint or you may add a shaved chocolate as well.
- Serve immediately.
If you wish to serve this later, then prep everything in advance.
Bake brownies and make sure after they are cool to place them in the airtight container. This will keep them fresh and perfect for your parfait.
You may also make a wonderful trifle just by using a large glass bowl and layer everything. It would make a great and delicious party centerpiece.
You can try these with other Pillsbury brownies such as Peanut Butter and Marshmallow. It will be just as tasty as with Fudge.
You may use whipped cream or perhaps ice cream instead of yogurt.
I have been playing with some really easy recipes lately just like this tasty creamy spinach puff pastry. I don’t think that we need to spend hours in the kitchen unless it is Thanksgiving, of course. However, even then I do not cook all day. read more
Easy and tasty fruit salad with citrus infused citrus maple dressing recipe. There is nothing more refreshing during hot summer days than colorful and delightful fruit salad. I made this tasty fruit salad with citrus maple dressing, which gave this salad a nice taste lift. read more
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
When it comes to flavor, this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go; Especially for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
Not only is it extremely delicious, but it’s super easy to make as well. All you need are a few amazing ingredients! Just top your dip with whatever you usually top your tacos with, and you are done.
For some of you that did not know, Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5th.
Special events and celebrations highlight Mexican culture, especially in regional dancing, including parades, music, and my personal favorite; food.
One thing you must do this Cinco de Mayo is eat Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They are very crispy and delicious restaurant-style chips.
I must add that they are tasty enough to eat right out of the bag, which we did, of course. Also, they only have four simple ingredients, including sea salt, and they’re certified gluten-free.
My family was impressed by the overall combination of my dip and Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips. They paired beautifully, and the chips were big enough to scoop the perfect bite of this taco style dip.
This is one of our favorite spreads for entertaining as well as a staple for our movie nights.
We have got to mention Mission® Street Tacos Corn Tortillas as well! They are not only amazing for Taco Tuesday, but for Cinco de Mayo too!
Warming these delicious tortillas give the most magnificent taste. You can find instructions on the back of the packaging.
They are soft, which makes them easy to use in a variety of dishes and they’re also perfect for snacks or appetizers for your family and friends.
As you can see, my friends, you don’t need much to make your spread colorful, beautiful, authentic and at the same time, tasty.
All you need are a few ingredients and a bit of effort to create a masterpiece that wows your family and friends. And of course, with the help of Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, which makes this dip complete.
Also, make sure to check out this Mission promotion! What says Cinco more than breaking a piñata? From 04/01/19 until 05/05/19, you can enter and play the Mission Piñata Instant Win Game!
Take a swing at the Mission piñata and see if you have what it takes to break it.
The best part? If you break it, you win a prize! Play every day for more chances to win click here.
When it comes to flavor this tasty and incredibly flavorful Taco Style Cream Cheese Dip is the way to go.
Not only that it is extremely delicious, but easy as well. All you need a couple of amazing ingredients, top it with whatever you usually top your tacos and you are done.
- Mission® Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips, 9 oz
- 2 sticks of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups assorted tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeño, optional
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mild taco seasoning. Using electric mixture, if possible, combine all the ingredients together until it is smooth in texture.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving dish and add all desirable toppings, preferably fresh.
- I used toppings that we usually add to our tacos, so it made perfect sense to add lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño and black olives and serve it with our favorite restaurant-style Mission Thin & Crispy Tortilla Chips.
- Keep the dip cold before serving.
- Refrigerate dip if you are not going to serve it right away.
- For the best taste, use whole milk dairy products.
- Use fresh ingredients for the toppings, as they are preferably the best to make this dip colorful and at the same time, beautiful and tasty.
- You may make your own taco seasoning.
- Add more Sour cream if needed
- Fast way to bring cream cheese to room temperature: Take the cheese block out of the paper carton package, then unopened cheese, place in the warm, almost hot water for about 5 minutes.