Brownies — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family! Not only are they delightful to eat, but they are just as pleasing…
This tasty and easy tuna pizza is amazing all year round. You may make your own dough, use store-bought or perhaps tortilla. Whatever you choose it is absolutely amazing. With this recipe, I am entering Tonnino Tuna Recipe Challange. After debating for a few weeks…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Minerva Dairy. All opinions are entirely my own.
If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart.
My family sincerely loved this caramelized onion tart with delicious creme fraiche.
As one would expect, we made many delicious and easy dishes using Minerva Dairy Butter;
Such as silky, soft and creamy scrambled eggs, sauteed Lyonnaise Potatoes, which I will share a recipe soon with you all, rich and lush spinach, and so forth.
However, so far this tart has been such a genuine masterpiece. I absolutely love serving it with lemon chicken or my famous pork schnitzels.
Therefore, I would not only recommend this butter for sauteing but for baking and just spreading on your morning toast as well. This butter is a real jam. Lusciously delicious! Best butter that you will ever put in your mouth.
Minerva Dairy, America’s oldest family-owned creamery, just re-vamped their brand and packaging this year in honor of their 125th anniversary. I partnered with them to celebrate this special anniversary.
125th Birthday? Wow! Can you even imagine? Alright folks, let’s churn this thing up.
I brainstormed quite a few recipes using this amazing butter as they sent me three kinds; unsalted, sea salt and with garlic and herbs.
Don’t you just love butter with 85% butterfat and high-quality? You cannot possibly ask for more.
Also, its made by 6 generations of Butter Makers and made from pasture-raised cow milk. Again, yes, indeed they are America’s oldest family-owned creamery. That is why this butter is creamy heaven.
It also reminds me of my childhood, and I will tell you a tiny fact about me. One of my absolute favorite treats growing up was butter and a drizzle of pure homemade honey from my neighbors.
I would enjoy this every single day either after school or on weekends when I played all day outside. Till this day, not even one decadent dessert would replace a freshly baked bread with butter and a drizzle of honey.
Those memories I treasure and cherish and on occasion celebrate by eating my favorite treats.
If you want to churn your recipe up to the next level, I encourage you to use Minerva tasty butter to make my Caramelized Onion Tart recipe. It’s easy, tasty and a perfect appetizer for entertaining.
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry
- 2 pounds Onions, sliced into thicker rings, preferably Vidalia Onions
- 3 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Springs of Fresh Thyme, plus for garnish
- 4 tablespoons Creme Fraiche
- Melt the butter, then add oil in a large skillet. Add thick onion slices and turn the heat to medium. stir to coat for a bit and do not touch it until you see the onion changing color from the bottom. You can check by flipping one or two after 5 to 7 minutes.
- This is the beginning of caramelization. I do not add sugar, but I use sweet yellow onions which will give you an excellent caramelization of onions.
- Now, add the thyme, salt, and ground black pepper to the skillet and stir. Turn the heat to medium-low heat until the onions are completely translucent and caramelized. It will take around 30 to 40 minutes depending on your stove, skillet, etc. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (190C)
- Thaw your frozen puff pastry, preferably in the fridge, overnight.
- Unfold your pastry only when fully thawed.
- Flour your work surface and your rolling pin. Use restraint with your rolling pin and just slightly roll. Use a fork and make small punching holes all around the bottom of the puff pastry.
- Add Creme Fraiche on the top of the pastry then slightly fold ends of the pastry, as shown on the pic. If you do not have Creme Fraiche, check notes below.
- As you see on step by step instructions make sure the pastry has four edges in order to hold the onions. You may make it as traditionally rectangular or bake in the circular baking tart pan.
- Bake between 15 and 17 minutes, depending on your oven. The pastry needs to be golden.
- Take it out and allow it to cool down for a minute or two before slicing.
Easy Creme Fraiche Substitute:
- Mix 1 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup whole milk sour cream together.
- I like mixing it n the jar or a container with a fitted lid, but you can pour the mixture into a jar as well, cover and let stand in a warm place for about 8 hours.
- Then stir and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole, in my opinion, is one of the best side dishes for the holiday season, as well as all year round weeknight dinner dish. I do not make this often. Simply because my family cannot stop eating it until the baking dish…
All Purpose Dough Recipe included with Spiral Twist Bread Rolls I just love baking homemade bread. So many amazing bread recipes that we can make with different shapes just like these tasty spiral twist bread rolls. I find it relaxing when I am under stress.…
There is undoubtedly nothing better than dunking a crispy chocolate chip cookies in a warm cup of frothy milk. Mhmm! My kids absolutely love that.
I mean, aren’t all the kids the same? To be honest, I fondly remember when I was just a kid. I would crumble many homemade cookies and eat it like a bowl or a mug of cereal. Not necessarily healthy, but I loved it.
Every so often I make these a bit thicker, but most of the time my family loves their cookies thin and crispy.
My lovely daughter, Anna, loves microwaving it for 10 seconds and instantly making them softer, which is not bad at all. It actually tastes like freshly baked cookies.
I love cookies!!! The only cookies that I am not a huge fan of would probably be Oreos, but if I don’t have any I would most definitely inhale a couple of Oreos as well.
I know everyone in this food blogging world is posting Xmas cookies, but I feel like these cookies are timeless and seasonless. Any day of the year is a good day to make homemade cookies.
I hope you guys try our crispy chocolate chip cookies and enjoy them as much as we did.
If you make my yummy Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see your delicious creations.
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is affiliated with Amazon. I love amazon so to have my favorite products on it is awesome.
I started to add items to my Amazon store of things that I have used in the past. It is a slow process, but it is fun and interesting. CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT
Thank you guys for all your support!
Makes Approximately 3 dozen (36 cookies) It depends how large or small you make them.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks optional (65%-85% dark)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add 1/4 cup water, vanilla, and one egg. Beat until well incorporated, around 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. (now would be a good time to add crushed or chopped nuts)
- Once incorporated, cover a bowl and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes before baking. It bakes wonderfully when it’s a bit colder, and the dough is easier to work with.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper because the cookies will spread. You may use ice cream scoop to keep the size of the cookies the same. AirBake Natural Aluminum 2 Pack Insulated Cookie Sheet, no burn design, 14 x 12in & 16 x 14in on Amazon
- Bake until cookies is golden brown 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- You may freeze cookie dough. You can make dough balls with your ice cream scoop and place in the freezer-safe airtight container. It can be frozen for up to 3 months. You can also make 6-12 dough balls per freezer bag and put in the ziplock bags.
- Dark chocolate brings a different level of tasty in chocolate chip cookies when mixed, of course, with chocolate chips. You may use any chocolate that you prefer. I love chocolate, but I don’t want chocolate chips to overwhelm the cookie, so this amount we personally prefer. You may add less or more.
- Also, you may add 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts, like walnuts or pecans. In my opinion, nuts are making these cookies even better.
- Baking time is per batch. If you have 3 trays/baking pans to bake and one oven, well it will take for each baking pan to bake 12-15 minutes.
- Brush your baking pan with a bit of butter or oil and line a parchment paper on top. It is so much easier to keep the parchment paper glued on, otherwise, it just rolls and moves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy, Delicious, Mini Keto Everything Bagels. Let’s just make something clear here… These are not, and I repeat precisely, these are not your traditional bagels. Now that I got that off my chest, let me continue. When I started this Keto lifestyle, I missed nothing…
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread. When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean…
Do you like Bread Puddings? What flavor combination is your absolute favorite?
Bread pudding, which I typically call sweet breakfast casserole, is the best creation. Whoever invented this is an absolute genius.
My family genuinely loves it so much. I cannot even begin telling you how this entire pan was gone in less than 10 minutes
I precisely remember waking up with the irresistible cravings of this delightful casserole. I made it many times before especially around this time of the year
Every so often I would add raisins and delicious apples and sometimes make almond joy combo.
If you are following me for a while, ya know your girl loves Almond Joys, but also I love chocolate and orange. Okay, I must admit that I am not picky at all so whatever sweets are in front, I will eagerly eat it.
Nevertheless, this delicious bread pudding is effortless. It comes together so quickly, but you can make it ahead and store the whole pan in the fridge and bake the next day. I mean it’s as simple as that. Having said that, you can soak it for a couple of hours and bake it the same day as well.
What are some of your favorite homemade breakfasts that we traditionally eat around the joyous holiday season?
It is during the winter season when I make it the most, but also on special occasions like birthdays or Thanksgiving Black Friday breakfast. Nonetheless, I sincerely hope you guys like this one as much as we did enjoy eating it with a drizzle of sweet maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
I sincerely love Easy Breakfast STRATA, Savory Breakfast Casserole, FRENCH TOAST, WAFFLES as well as CLASSIC PANCAKES, but this one is special. Even though made it many times, I don’t actually make it often that’s why is so special.
Breakfast Brioche Bread Pudding
This delicious bread pudding is effortless. It comes together so quickly, but you can make it ahead and store the whole pan in the fridge and bake the next day. I mean it‘s as simple as that. It is absolutely perfect for breakfasts over the holiday season.
- 1 loaf Chocolate chip brioche toast slice into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon Coconut Oil softened
- 4 cups Whole milk you may use non dairy milk
- 1 can Coconut Milk (or cream) by Thai Kitchen
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Sugar 100 g
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Slice the bread into cubes. Leave the edges on for a more rustic loaf. Slice the bread into bite-sized cubes.
Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with the coconut oil. Add the bread cubes and gently shake the dish and pat the cubes down so they settle into place. If you’re using any extra ingredients like fruit or nuts, scatter these over top, then use a spoon to gently poke and stir them into the bread cubes so that some of them go into the middle but they don’t all fall to the bottom of the dish.
Make custard by combining the milk, coconut milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt in a large bowl and whisk it well. Then add coconut shreds and mix again.
- Slowly and evenly pour the custard over the top of the bread cubes, making sure it gets everywhere. The custard should come to just below the top of the bread, with edges and corners poking out the top.
- Make sure to cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight. This gives the bread time to absorb the liquidy egg, milk and cream mixture. If you’d like the traditional and more common flat top with no crunchy bits, press the top of pudding a few times as it soaks or weighs it down with something heavy so that all the bread cubes get pushed into the egg mixture.
- Before baking, arrange your rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bread pudding. Uncover the bread pudding and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean and the tips of the bread on top are beginning to toast, 45 minutes. If the top seems like it’s getting dark before the custard is completely done, cover the dish loosely with heavy duty aluminum foil. You can make like a little dome.
- Cool briefly before serving. Transfer the baking dish on a wire cooling rack and let cool at least 5 minutes before serving. You may dust some powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: 1/2 cup of dried fruit, 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, finely grated zest of one orange, powdered sugar, maple syrup.
You may use reg brioche or a day old bread, and add some chocolate chips if you would like or other optional extras. Classic Bread pudding contains Milk, Cream, Eggs, Sugar, Vanilla or Cinnamon or both. As I stated, you may add nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, etc., but the custard is something that every bread pudding contains. We do not need additional flour or any starches to make it thick because the custard is going to be poured over the stale bread.
Are you a fan of Carrot Cake? I enjoy carrot cake, but I am not the biggest fan mainly because most of the carrot cakes contain a thick layer of frosting, and I don’t like frosting so I started making my own. To be honest nobody…