For some people letting go of summer is hard, and some people live with summer all year round. We make this recipe all summer long and I am officially letting go of summer with these amazing Sweet Pan-Roasted Peppers with Garlic Infused Sauce. I am […]
Search Results: side dish
I have been on the salad kick lately, and I absolutely love it. I think this combination of ingredients works pretty well with each other and a nice sour taste from vinaigrette gives you a nice zesty taste which is just perfect for this salad. […]
Cauliflower Ranch-Parmesan Baked Bites is amazingly delicious, easy and so versatile.
You can pretty much use any flavor that you want or desire. After testing several different coatings or flavors, my family liked this one the best.
To be honest, I do not know why this one. Perhaps it is because they love ranch, or because they love the taste of parmesan-herb breadcrumbs.
One thing is for certain, this recipe will be made over and over again. I really do hope that you like this amazing Cauliflower Ranch-Parmesan Baked Bites.
My dear family ate a whole head of cauliflower before you could count to twenty. I actually made three big cauliflowers just to test different recipes. I must say that I am a bit proud to say that every bit of it was eaten.
Ever since I was a kid I have always loved cauliflower. My favorite was pickled kind. It’s just so tasty like you are eating pickles but even more crunchy.
The second this was fried cauliflower. Goodness! I could eat full plate just of battered fried cauliflower florets. If you wish for that recipe please do let me know.
I imagine that is why my children love nutritious vegetable so much, fresh or cooked.
Do you enjoy cauliflower? Have you always liked it?
We could probably go two to four heads a week, naturally depending on what we are making. I am rather thrilled at that announcement.
By all means, we are still talking about cauliflower. Most of the time it is replacing potatoes and we perfectly fine using cauliflower as a sustainable alternative.
If you make my Cauliflower Ranch-Parmesan Baked Bites or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @Sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. It would mean so much to me me if you do so thank you in advance!
This recipe is amazingly delicious, easy and so versatile that you can pretty much use any flavor that you want or desire. After testing several different coatings or flavors, my family liked this one the best.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets (about 1 to 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing vegan or non-vegan
- 1 cup Parmesan with Herbs panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Wash and separate cauliflower into bite-size florets. It's ok if some are smaller and some bigger. Place cauliflower florets in a large bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of salt, and about 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes, toss and drizzle with olive oil, toss again.
- Pour over ranch dressing and toss it very well so the cauliflower florets could get coated completely.
- In a separate bowl, add breadcrumbs. READ NOTES
- Working in batches, dip the cauliflower florets into the breadcrumbs, making sure that each piece gets completely coated. Place the coated pieces onto the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately
- I tested this several times with different flavors, so what I would like to suggest is do not put bread crumbs over the cauliflower, right after you mixed ranch or any other sauce that you'd like to use it. Instead, dip each cauliflower floret in the breadcrumbs and try to coat it well before baking. If you add all the breadcrumbs on top of ranch coated cauliflower, then the breadcrumbs going to separate completely.
- You can prepare cauliflower florets ahead, and before baking just coat them with breadcrumbs.
- You could toast breadcrumbs before dipping the cauliflower florets in just by adding a bit of olive oil in the pan and heating it, then toasting breadcrumbs just for 20-30 seconds, take it off on the paper towel before they get a deeper color. You don't want to burn it, just lightly toast. This brings even deeper flavor and amazingly crunchy cauliflower. I did not do that for this recipe, but I have done it in the past.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Multi-Grain Medley Bowl with Kimchi is perfect for hot summer days. Not that it is too complicated to make a full meal and cook for an hour. However, I feel like my body cannot accept heavy meals so I avoid making them. Of course, this […]
When I think about cauliflower, many dishes come to my mind, but deep fried, pickled, or raw were my favorite ways to eat this power vegetable. To include cooked cauliflower in our diet often I started to roast it. Making them with different flavors just […]
The perfect companion to the grilled food, or just when you crave baked potato.
Baked potatoes really do not require too much work and this is totally doable any time of the year since we can find potatoes year around.
I do the same with my sweet potatoes, and sometimes I cut the potatoes lengthwise and bake the whole tray for 30 minutes because my kids adore potato halves with shredded cheddar cheese.
For this one, I used simple toppings. Toppings that we like, such as butter, sour cream, and parm cheese, but you can use whatever you prefer.
If you try Baked Potato recipe or any other, please tag me on Instagram @Sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you in advance!
The perfect companion to the grilled food, or just when you crave baked potato. It doesn’t require too much work and this is totally doable any time of the year since we can find potatoes year around.
- 6 Russet Potatoes preferably same size (Also known as Idaho Potatoes)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Topping option for each
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Unsalted Butter
- Sour Cream
- Chives or green onions
- Pinch of Herbs or spices parsley, Za'atar, or chili flakes
- Preheat to 400F (200C)
- Wash potatoes very well.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork, then rub with olive oil;
- Season each potato generously with salt and ground black pepper.
- Lay for each potato a square of aluminum foil and wrap it completely and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender. Use a kitchen towel and press the potato lightly, if it's softer or tender, the potato is done.
- If you do not want to use aluminum foil, then place potatoes on the cooking rack in the middle of the oven, and bake for about 45 minutes at 375 F or until tender.
- Carefully open the aluminum foil if you are using it, then cut open each potato in the middle and lightly squeeze so the potato could open wide.
- Using a fork, just lightly scrape and mix inside of the potatoes before adding any topping.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with butter, sour cream, Parmesan, chives or any topping that you prefer.
I used heavy duty alum foil. It is not necessary to use it, but the potatoes are cooked much faster and we like it. It is the best if you use the same size potatoes.
The cooking time will also vary on the size of your potato. You can use as many as you want as long as it could fit in your oven, but I got to mention that any leftover potatoes makes a fantastic salad the next day.
Today, I have a very special post for you all, as well as Southern Green beans and New Potatoes with Bacon. I cannot stress enough talking about food safety in the kitchen and around your home. It is a huge part of my life that I […]
I was going through the Spanish cookbook and stumbled across Spanish Chicken, which was cooked slightly different than this one. I love adding my own twists on original recipes. Well, traditional recipes without losing the taste or the sense where that particular dish coming from.
With that being said, I added smoked paprika, because it has a little pinch of heat. Then ground black pepper, and the addition of thyme. The recipe that I was looking at said to cook chicken with the rice.
Anyways, I really do not like mushy rice. So, I thought that it will be because the chicken needs more time to cook, so, I cooked it separately. It was entirely delectable and tasty, and my rice was great.
I could truly live on side dishes. I attempt to make every day something else, yet most asked dinners are those, particularly pasta or something with chicken.
Well, I included notes directly under the ingredients so you could understand that I like adding spices individually. In some cases, we cook for 2 or 3 people. So, I needed you to realize that you do not have to make an entire 10 pounds of chicken. This way works magnificently.
Spanish Chicken over Saffron Rice
- 6 Chicken thighs Also this depends on how many people
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt for each piece, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black pepper for each piece
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Spanish Paprika spicy smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- Pinch Crushed Chili Flakes
- Pinch Dry Parsley
- 1/4-1/2 Chopped Onion
- Couple of stems Fresh Thyme *optional take the leaves off, also use it as a garnish if possible
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
YELLOW “SAFFRON” RICE
- 1½ tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 2 cups Rice
- 3½ cups Chicken Broth low sodium (vegetable or beef would work fine, too)
- 1 Knorr Chicken Bouillon cube
- 2 pinches Saffron threads soaked in 3 tablespoons of hot water for 15 minutes
- Salt to taste only if needed
- Wash the chicken and place in a large mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and lemon zest and rub all over the chicken.
- Add/rub the rest of the ingredients on each chicken. Rub all over and under the skin if there is the skin. The skin gives you a wonderful flavor and keeps it moist rather than dry. Add fresh thyme (optional) and chopped onion, mix everything one more time.
Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap/film and let it marinate for 30 minutes to up to 1 hour. Make sure it is n the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Arrange the chicken in the baking pan in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil, OR Drizzle the chicken with olive oil in the mixing bowl, then place on the roasting wire rack. I prefer roasting it because the hot air circulating around the chicken, however, without the rack is fine too.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is golden and reaches the internal temperature of 165F/75C.
Turn the chicken on the other side after 15 minutes of baking/roasting.
If you want an extra crunchy skin, turn your broiler ON and let cook under the broiler for a couple of minutes. I do this at the very end.
- After the rice is done, arrange the chicken on top of the rice and garnish with fresh/or dry herbs, and roasted bell pepper if you made it with the chicken.
How to Make Yellow Rice
- Wash the rice a couple of times and drain it.
- In a pot, heat olive oil. When the oil is hot enough, add onion and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, or until softened, try not to burn. The heat should be on medium high. Stir in rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes, keep mixing.
- Pour in the broth, Chicken Bouillon cube, saffron with the soaking water and a pinch of salt (you can always add more later if needed). Turn your heat to high and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, cover and turn the temperature to low heat, to simmer.
- Let the rice simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the heat off completely. DO NOT take off the lid. Let the rice steam for 5 minutes covered. Use a fork to fluff up the rice.
If you do not wish to make it from scratch, you can always get bagged yellow rice. It is called Arroz Amarillo
Add a pinch of turmeric for extra yellow color. Get a good quality of Saffron threads, it is so worth it and a little goes a long way.
Products from Amazon.com
One of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes, besides bowl-full of mashed potatoes and a tub of gravy (DUH!), is this tasty and quite easy green bean casserole. My kids are crazy about it just as much I am. For us, it is all about the side dishes. […]