One of my favorite ways to enjoy stress-free, delicious lunch us by making this amazing, Colorful Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing. Photo-shoots require some serious brainstorming. I know many photographers that go through Pinterest for example and see what theme would be the best for read more
Search for a recipe: salad
Simple, delicious and easy veggie-packed vegetarian pasta salad is colorful and perfect for upcoming summer days, grilling season and potlucks. My family loves this Vegetarian Pasta Salad, and I make it often especially when we have a family gathering. For those of you that visiting read more
I love salads, especially this Cucumber Radish Salad. I eat them every single day with my main meal or on its own.
That being said, I do not know if this ever happens to you, but I crave salads.
I literally crave a bowl of greens drizzled with vinaigrette.
We rarely use store-bought dressing, but if I use it, then most likely it is Ranch or Thousand Island dressing.
Well, sometimes I like to experiment and get something else. However, I always come back to the homemade vinaigrette- lemon, olive oil, herbs and a dash of salt to taste.
What dressing do you like?
I really hope you guys like this one, because I just love fresh and refreshing salads like this.
In addition, summer season is around the corner and this will just make your body ready for the beach.
I know, just a mention of the beach makes me cringe. This past week I hit the first goal regarding my fitness journey.
I understand that some of you walk even more, or run, but for me, this was a goal that I was looking forward to finally accomplish.
Small steps, small goals until you are ready to set a bigger one. So, I hit 100K steps in a week. I was so freaking happy!
I decided to be on that goal for this week as well, and slowly increase it in April.
While I am talking about the fitness journey let me say that I have been on 4 days water fast and that was one amazing experience. I felt like I got that body RESET what I was looking forward to.
In those 4 days, I have lost 11 pounds, which was remarkable.
I only had water and hot tea to help with hunger cramps, but other than that I felt fantastic.
Also, I decided to do that one time a month and just cleanse, and detox my body and connect with myself just a bit more. Since doing Keto my life changed.
I did for 6 months then slowly started every other day introducing other foods such as fruit and vegetables. I realized that dairy milk does not agree with.
Also, I do not use regular sugar at all. I do not eat potatoes every day, peas or bananas but on days when I crave it.
We eat salads, like this Cucumber Radish Salad, and all kinds of other foods in moderation.
You would think that I consume it daily but I do not simple beause I crave vegetables too.
Regarding pasta, I try to eat gluten free also on days when I crave it. It is not on regular bases so I do not deprive myself. I walk daily si those burn pretty soon.
Tell me your journey… weight-loss story? What do you do to keep yourself in shape? Do you wish to start the weight-loss journey just to feel better?
Do you need motivation, healthy recipes or perhaps guidance on how to start, and what to do?
Well, I would love to help. please leave a comment and let’s talk about it. It can be totally ANONYMOUS.
Let me just be clear here for a second, I am not a skinny girl I never was and I never will be.
See, I do have curves that I finally love and appreciate. To be honest, I am healthy, I feel great and have a balance in my life.
I feel so much better when I am eating clean at least four times a week. However, at the same time, I like eating other foods sometimes.
Well, I love food, and I love cooking as you can tell. I try to exercise 5 days a week, to keep myself in the healthy weight and I actually feel fantastic.
Anyhow, please let me know if you want any recipes (made easy) that will support your diet, or clean up your diet, some guidance what to do and how to start weight loss journey, etc.
Let us just talk about it and motivate each other. It does not matter how old you are; we can always inspire and motivate one another, right?
I am not an expert at all, but I am a woman who went through so many ups and downs and I know what works for me.
That being said, without taking a step forward, moving my butt, and finding food that is working for my body I would not lose even one pound. In fact, I would gain weight.
It is a reality and that is the truth. There is no magic pill, you guysâ¦ Please, share with me!
If you make my Cucumber Radish Salad, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking
I love salads, and I eat them every single day with my main meal or on its own. I don’t know if this ever happens to you, but I crave salads and this one is definitely a winner.
- 1 English cucumber medium size
- 6-7 Radish sliced
- 1/4-1/2 Red onion
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. Vinegar add more if you like it sour
- Juice from 1/2 ripe lemon about 1 tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar *optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
- You can slice thinly cucumber, radish, and onion, or use Spiralizer to slice the vegetables.
- Mix it together and add a generous amount of salt just to taste.
- In the jar add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and mix it well to combine.
- Using spoon, drizzle vinaigrette all over the salad. You do not have to add every drop vinaigrette just add a couple of tablespoons and serve on the side if you need to add more.
- Serve immediately as it is or with any type of protein; fish, steak, burgers, chicken, tofu, etc.
You can use fennel, leeks or shallots with cucumber and radish. Perfect combo!
This Vinaigrette works for me personally, but you can add more or less to please your taste buds.
How to get most out of the lemon? Before slicing the lemon in half, roll the lemon on the countertop, applying a bit of pressure, then cut in half.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5-Blade Spiralizer Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Noodle Maker, Fruits and Veggies Slicer for Low Carb/Paleo/Gluten-Free Meals with Labeled Blades and Storage Box, Cleaning Brush (Free Recipe Book)
- Mandoline Slicer Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - 5 in 1 Veggie Slicer Mandoline Food Slicer with Julienne Grater - V Slicer Mandoline Cutter - Vegetable Cutter Zoodle Maker - Vegetable Spiralizer
BLT -Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes with boiled eggs, avocado and delicious homemade vinaigrette.
I love BLT Sandwiches but thought that making it into the salad would be somehow better, and it was a very satisfying meal. Of course, if you are vegetarian you can use Veggie bacon and experience BLT salad, too.
I tried to keep it very simple as it should be and used boiled eggs and avocado to enchant the texture, color and a flavor of this salad, plus it tastes fantastic with eggs and avocado.
I shared this salad with my daughter, and later I had to make more because my boys wanted to try it too… Not they are big on eating lettuce and tomatoes, but they tried. Yes, both of my boys do not like lettuce and tomatoes so it is always a struggle to make a salad that they going to actually eat, which is most of the time English cucumber with avocado and onion.
Anyhow, the base for this salad is a BLT, but as you can see I made a delicious twist and I think the addition of other ingredients makes this salad absolutely amazing. To cut the story short, I hope you all going to enjoy a bowl full of this delicious salad.
If you try this or any of my recipes please tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking
Thank you and Happy Cooking!
- 8 Slices Smoked Bacon or more
- 4 cups Butterhead Lettuce/Boston Lettuce or any on hand
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado per person
- 1-2 eggs per person
- 1 1/5 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Flakes
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- A pinch or two Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay the bacon on a sheet pan and bake for about 15 minutes until the bacon is really crispy. Dry on the kitchen paper towels lined up on the large platter or a tray.
- Meanwhile, boil eggs. You can make them hard boiled eggs or soft. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes for a softer yolk. If I am cooking 6 eggs or more, I use a large pot with a fitting lid, however, if I have 2-3 eggs usually I use a smaller saucepan that all the eggs could cook properly. Now, cook 5 minutes for a very runny yolk or up to 8 minutes for the almost set yolk. Also, I always add about 1-2 teaspoons of salt into boiling water.
- So, boil, add salt, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes for soft. Do the same just leave for 8-10 minutes for barely soft to a firmer yolk. Drain hot water out and add cold water - ice cold water would work the best. Let it sit in that water for about 10 minutes, then gently peel boiled eggs. It always peels perfectly.
- Mix the dressing in a glass jar. Close the jar with a fitted lid and shake. Set aside. You can mix it in the bowl as well, it's just easier doing it in the jar.
- Combine lettuce and tomatoes; wash and pat dry lettuce (you may roughly chop it), slice tomatoes and drizzle dressing over it. Toss it gently in a large salad bowl.
- At this point bacon should be crispy, so using your hand just break into pieces. You may use more bacon if you wish. I use 2 slices per person.
- Using 4 bowls, arrange lettuce and tomatoes in each bowl equally.
- Slice boiled peeled eggs and add a couple on the side of lettuce and tomatoes.
- Slice Avocado and set on the side of the eggs, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle more dressing if any leftover, if there is none left, then just lightly drizzle the whole bowl with olive oil or oil that you prefer. Add more salt if you wish. You got to always taste it and see if it's up to your preferences.
- Add bacon on top of lettuce and tomatoes and garnish with capers and toasted sesame seeds, maybe a bit more oregano.
You may use any DRESSING that you like!!! You do not have to stick to this one. Just because I like it, does not mean that you all going to like my choice of dressing. So use what you like or have on hand. You can make a larger portion of this salad for more people or just use for one, which means, 1 cup or more lettuce, 1 tomato (more if they're smaller), and about 2 slices of bacon per person (or more if you are like my family).
Superfoods Salad is such an amazing salad to surprise your insides with. Superfood definition: A nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. We eat superfood every day, and a beautiful combination of different food makes us feel good, makes us healthy. read more
Extraordinary Mixed Greens Kiwifruit and Strawberry Salad is so refreshing, delicious and perfect for the upcoming summer season. Â You can truly make it however you prefer. Also, you can add more cheese or no cheese at all, add croutons, or serve it with crackers, yes, read more
Refreshing chicken and a handful of mixed greens to start this spring season. I must admit that this Thai Chili Grilled Chicken with Salad is absolutely scrumptious.
It is finally getting warmer, and I thought what better way to celebrate this beautiful Spring weather than this Thai Chili Grilled Chicken. I just love anything grilled, and all the greens around that beautiful golden make me smile.
Of course, I added a nectarine that I grilled just for a bit and serve it with asparagus too. It is one delightful meal that anyone can enjoy
As for the dressing, if you are following me, then you must know that I love simple dressings that contain oil, lemon, herbs, and salt.
Well, It is vinaigrette if you ask me. It’s amazingly refreshing that way and goes so well with grilled chicken and sweet nectarine.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did the other day.
Don’t forget to share your creations with me using hashtag #sandraseasycooking or tag me on Instagram @Sandraseasycooking
Cheers to good food! Let’s rock n’ roll…
Easy and Delicious Thai Chili Grilled Chicken over tasty salad
- 1 chicken breast split in half
- 1 tablespoon oil + brushing on the grill pan if you are using a grill pan
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai Chili Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black pepper
- 1 cups Mixed greens any on hand
- 1/2 cup baby Spinach
- 1 nectarine split in half and grilled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon you may add more if you prefer sourer
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Heat the grill pan, or outside grill.
- Cut the fat off the chicken, if any, and season it with oil, lime juice, Thai seasoning, dried parsley, salt, and ground black pepper. You do not need much salt just a pinch because Thai seasoning already contains sodium. Rub on both sides and allow it to marinate for about 10 minutes and/or until the grill pan is ready. You may marinate it for up to an hour, but make sure to place in the fridge after 15 minutes.
- Brush a bit of oil on the grill pan and lower the Temperature to medium.
- Place chicken on the top and allow it to cook for 5 minutes on one side before flipping on the other. Press a bit so you get those grill marks. Cooking time on direct fire is about 5 to 6 minutes, per side, for the boneless chicken breast and internal temperature should be between 160° and 165° F, now for the grill pan, I would say cook it until you reach that internal temperature or for about 15 minutes altogether. flipping a couple of times until it is cooked through. If the chicken is thick you may slice it in half or cook longer. When it is cooked, place it on the kitchen paper towel and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes so the juices could stay in and you won't end up with dry chicken.
- Wash and slice nectarine and place just a couple of minutes before a chicken is done. You can also grill asparagus or any other vegetables that you prefer of have, like mushrooms or peppers.
- Combine dressing or vinaigrette by mixing it together and drizzling it over the greens. You do not have to use it all, so you may place it in the jar with a lid and keep it in the fridge.
- Serve the grilled chicken with mixed greens on the side and place on each plate a half of the nectarine.
IF the chicken breast is frozen then defrost it completely. THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST. I just enjoy Weber seasonings very much.