Chicken and Mixed Vegetables Stir fry is a simple and easy weeknight dinner, which makes it an excellent weekend meal as well. My family typically seeks for stir-fry ones a week, so since we have so many amazing versatile stir-fry recipes I change vegetables or…
Search Results: asian
Teriyaki Chicken and Pepper Skewers is a very delicious summer dish that gives you a pleasant explosion of flavors.
My family goes crazy over this teriyaki chicken and I am sure that you will, too.
I have been making this dish for many, many years and we absolutely love it especially over warm rice, but noodles would work just fine as well.
Sometimes, I would use pork tenderloin or beef as well. To be honest, it tastes just as good as made with chicken.
Naturally, beef would take a bit more time to cook but it tastes amazingly delicious.
Of course, you can use other vegetables such as onion, or different color peppers.
Red peppers or yellow gives you more sweetness and they are amazing, or you could use several different colors.
You can even go a step further and add pineapple chunks. It goes absolutely delightful with teriyaki chicken.
So, I usually make this during a busy weekday when kids either have work, soccer or band practice. We just love it!
I must add this is a perfect weeknight meal. Plus, you can totally prep this ahead of time and refrigerate for a couple of days.
Well, I prep and place in the containers and just toss in my wok. It is one of the easiest dinners ever.
You do not even have to use screwers, however, my family really loves it just like this.
Skewers are fun to them so I don’t mind making what they gonna love and eat.
You may also like these recipes:
If you make Teriyaki Chicken and Pepper Skewers, or any other recipe from my blog please tag me on INSTAGRAM.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your delicious creations and share them with my readers. Thanks!!!
A perfect balance of flavors. It is a very delicious, super easy meal.
- 1 Large Chicken Breast You may use more
- 1 Large Green Pepper sliced into squares
- 1/2 Onion sliced into squares
- 2 tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Mirin or cooking rice wine
- 1 tbsp. Oil Sesame Oil, Vegetable oil or any on hand
- 4 Garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4 Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp Honey or 1 tbsp Sugar
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Green onion
- Grill or a grill pan
- Skewers preferably bamboo, but metal works fine, too
- 1/2 tbsp Vegetable oil or any oil that you have, even coconut oil would work if you like the flavor
- Chicken drippings
- 1/4 cup water + 3 tbsp.
- 1 teaspoon Rice flour or cornstarch
- Soy sauce to taste
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix it well.
- Remove with the sharp knife all the excess fat from the chicken breast or take the skin off when if there is skin. Cut the chicken into equal smaller cubes.
- Place the chicken into the marinade and mix it all together to coat the chicken well.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for about 30 minutes to up to one hour - make sure to always refrigerate if you are going to marinate the chicken for more than 15 minutes.
- Slice the onion and pepper, any on hand, in more square bite-size pieces- I used green because I love green peppers over any other, however, you may use different colors or all of them together for different flavor and presentation.
- If you are using bamboo skewers then soak them in water for 10 minutes before using them, that way they won't burn as easily.
- I assemble mine by thread pepper, onion, marinated chicken and so on until I reach the top. You can use more or less, depending on how you like them. If you overcrowd the skewer then it would take longer to cook evenly.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill, or a grill pan with a bit of oil, if you are using a grill pan, then place the skewers to cook.
- Cook on medium temperature if you are using the stovetop. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, and keep turning them so they could cook on each side. Chicken cooks rather fast, so don't overcook because the chicken could taste a bit dry. If there is no pink in a center, most likely chicken is cooked, however, if you want them a bit darker then leave them just to get a nice golden brown color. They are fantastic on the open flames with the perfect taste of savory, sweet and smokiness, but if you do not want to grill outside then just heat that grill pan indoors. One more idea comes to mind that if you don't have skewers or a grill/grill pan you could most certainly just cook in a drizzle of oil in the regular pan for about 10 minutes. Comes really quickly together and it tastes just as good.
- When the chicken is done, place on the plate and allow it to rest for a minute or two. Any juices that drain out you may use it for the sauce.
- Before serving, sprinkle a bit of chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds - and a drizzle of sauce if you wish to make one, but just soy sauce would work as well.
- Heat the pan on a medium-low temperature with chicken drippings and oil, then add 1/4 cup of water.
- Season it with a bit of soy sauce to your taste, about 1/4 tablespoon or so.
- In a small cup mix together 3 tbsp water and 1 teaspoon rice flour or cornstarch until smooth.
- Using a whisk, mix in dissolved rice flour or cornstarch. When the sauce starts to get thick stir to combine it and then remove from the stove.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and pepper skewers before serving.
- You do not have to do this, but it gives this amazing savory and smooth flavor. You can just drizzle with a bit of soy sauce before serving, but I feel like it tastes so much better with a bit of sauce.
You may add pineapple on the stick in between the chicken, onion, and pepper. It tastes amazing, but it's okay if you do not like the idea or don't have pineapple because it tastes great just like this too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I think about cauliflower, many dishes come to my mind, but deep fried, pickled, or raw were my favorite ways to eat this power vegetable. To include cooked cauliflower in our diet often I started to roast it. Making them with different flavors just…
Ahi Tuna Salad is absolutely one delightful meal.
Ahi tuna is velvety smooth in texture, melt in your mouth with a soft.
Delicate with a mild, somewhat meaty flavor served on top of delicious salad lightly seasoned with vinaigrette.
Seriously this was a perfect meal. Anyhow, Valentine’s day is coming. Yes!
If you are in relationship, are you doing anything special or you rather go out with your girlfriends?
That being said, I like staying in and enjoying dinner that we prepare together. Isn’t that more romantic?
So, he cleans the table and I wash dishes. I scratch his back if he scratch mine.
I mean, after being together for 19 years who cares about Valentine’s day anymore as long as he remembers to bring me tiramisu.
Jokes on the side, my hubs is a sweet, sweet man, but not really a romantic type.
Don’t get me wrong, he is thoughtful and knows how to spoil me. We are like fire and water, we balance each other.
Aquarius… by the way, my birthday is in two days. My wish is to sleep longer, have a coffee in bed, and stay in my PJ all day. That’s not bad at all, right?!
Oh, and speaking of Valentine’s day, if you’re planning to surprise somebody with a meal, I think you should definitely go with something like this.
Simply because it is just amazing, healthy, easy and so freaking delicious.
On the other hand, let’s get back to the recipe.
Since the new year started a while ago, I really try to eat more healthy and stay on track.
Like 85% of the food that I eat is really good for our body and mind.
Well, the rest is my love for sweets, snacks and pastry. I just cannot help it. What a heck? Let’s call that a balance.
A I said before, this Ahi Tuna Salad was delightful. With spectacular flavors that linger around your taste buds.
The crunch from the veggies lightly seasoned with the vinaigrette is all you want in one meal.
Oh, and that mandarine is just perfect with tuna and mixed greens. That burst of sweetness is spectacular.
Yes, I call this a meal because you really get full eating it.
If you get inspired and make my Ahi Tuna Salad, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseaycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
This salad was delightful. With spectacular flavors that linger around your taste buds and the crunch from the veggies lightly seasoned with the vinaigrette is all you want in one meal.
- A drizzle of Olive oil
- 1 Ahi Tuna Steak 6 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 cup Eat Smart Salad, contains: carrots red cabbage, kale, beet greens, broccoli stalks
- 1 Mandarin peeled and separated into sections.
- 1 tbsp Toasted and sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil EVOO
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 minced or grated garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced herbs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon honey
- Sprinkle with Sumac
- Fresh Dill
- Lemon slices
- Coat your steak with a combination of salt, ground black pepper, and dried parsley.
- Heat a grill pan or griddle over high heat. Spray grill surface or add a drizzle of olive oil in the pan. Add tuna steak to the hot cooking surface and sear tuna 1 minute on each side.
- Remove tuna from heat and place on a cutting board.
- Mix together a salad. You can use whatever you have on hand. I used a mixture of organic baby spinach with Eat Smart Salad (contains: carrots, red cabbage, kale, beet greens, broccoli stalks) and added mandarine. I used my own toasted and sliced almonds as well as vinaigrette.
- Whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside. You do not have to use it all, just store in the airtight jar.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Slice tuna on an angle and arrange on the salad. Sprinkle on top any herb, in this case, I had sumac, so I used it. Sumac gives a wonderful taste, lemon slices, and lastly fresh dill.
- If Ahi tuna is frozen, make sure to defrost it. You can leave in the fridge for 24hrs or submerge in the cold water for about 20 minutes.
- When defrosted pat-dry with a paper towel after removing it from the sealed plastic bag. Double or triple the recipe if you are serving more people.
- Ahi tuna serving size is 6 ounces. About Ahi Tuna: Ahi tuna is often used in raw fish dishes in Asian cuisines.
- While it serves as a great source of several nutrients you need for good health, packed with vitamin B, D, the protein content accounts for 50 percent of the daily value of protein, it's also slightly higher in mercury than other types of tuna.
- The Hawaii State Department of Health recommends limiting your servings to twice per month. Ahi is perfect if you're trying to follow a high-protein low-carbohydrate diet.
You might hear it as a Kopi Cham, or simply as sweetened Yuanyang Coffee and Tea Latte. Whichever way you call it, it is with certainty a very delicious beverage.
Well, It appears after googling about Yuanyang Coffee and Tea Latte, that it got its name from beautiful Mandarin ducks called Yuan-yang.
It represents a symbol of conjugal love in Chinese culture, as the birds appear together. her, but the male and female look noticeably very different.
This same association of a “pair” of two different beverage blends is used to call this one as well. Aren’t those ducks adorable?
Anyhow, there are many countries that claimÂ that this inventionÂ is theirs, and all I know that it’s originatedÂ in Hong Kong. You would love this one since it is the best of both worlds.
Anyhow, I found on the AMAZON,Â Lipton Quality Mellow Hong Kong Style 3 in 1 Yuan Yang as well as Instant 3 in 1 YUAN YANG Mix. I have not tried this product, but if you would like to give it a try, do let me know how was it.
The brand that I used is not available any longer due to the company closing the store. They were making their own blends so it is really hard to recreate or find anything close to it here in the USA.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Watch my VIDEO on YOUTUBE
If you by any chance make this tasty Yuanyang Coffee and Tea Latte, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy and tasty Asian style beverage
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Yuanyang Blend
- 2 tbsp. HOT water
- 3/4 cup Milk hot
- Sweetener to taste I used Sugar-free Caramel syrup
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons/cup
- In a small bowl, place 1/1 to 1 tablespoon of Yuanyang Blend -it depends how strong you like.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of Hot water. Mix and let the blend dissolve in a couple of minutes.
- Measure 3/4 cup of milk and warm it up to an almost boiling point.
- Add sweetener of your choice, dissolved blend in a drinking cup, and then add milk, leaving at least 2 tablespoons in the other cup.
- Using hand frother, froth remaining milk until the bubbles are formed, then froth Milk and Yuanyang Blend for a few seconds just to combine.
- Add the rest of the milk and spoon frothed milk in and sprinkle a bit more of Yuanyang Blend on top for garnish if you desire. Mix and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.