This Easy Pork Schnitzel recipe is absolutely amazing and I have a feeling that you guys going to love it. It would be too many comfort foods to count that remind me greatly of my childhood. I can’t even say which is my favorite because I really enjoy them all. […]
Search Results: AIR FRYER
The combination of Meatless Meatballs with Cauliflower and Broccoli just fit together like peas and carrots in the pot pie. I just loved everything. I had my niece over for lunch, and she enjoyed it as well. So, these meatballs are obviously meatless. I do […]
You would be quite surprised how tasty this is. Baked Tofu with Mushrooms slow-cooked in Roasted Pepper Sauce is such an easy meal to make.
I know this might be unusual to see, but trust me because this was really delicious.
Sometimes I want to make one thing and end up making something completely different. This recipe actually came out of a pure experiment.
I wanted to make crispy tofu for my salad, but then when I opened that box of tofu, I thought why not try this.
That’s cooking for me, always experimenting, trying something new and if it’s good I make it again and watch the reaction of my taste testers.
If you are following me, you know that both of my boys dislike mushrooms, but Aleks loves Tofu so four of us enjoyed it except for Daniel, my youngest one.
I believe that you could add other vegetables, like cauliflower, peas, green beans, carrots, leafy greens, etc.
For broccoli, I would suggest adding them the last like 5-7 minutes unless you like mushy broccoli.
I went with just mushrooms because I love them and they enchase the flavor of this dish.
Now, if you’ve never tried tofu, I know hard to believe that somebody never did. However, you’d be surprised how many times I was asked in the store how does it taste?
Tofu might look like a block of softer cheese, but it does not taste like cheese whatsoever. It does not have any flavor that I could point my finger at the certain food.
That’s why it is amazing with other flavors because it absorbs whatever you are using.
For example, if you are going to add to some spicy soup, it will pick up all that spicy flavor of the soup, in this case, it absorbed the aroma and the taste of roasted pepper sauce. It was rather amazing.
If I am making something like this, either baked or smoked tofu, which I will post in the near future, I prep my tofu. I use organic firm or extra firm tofu because it holds the shape better.
I will explain in the recipe how I prep my tofu and of course, how I make this dish. It is super easy!
If you try my Baked Tofu with Mushrooms recipe, please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
Thank you so much in advance!
This sauce is absolutely amazing! You just want to dip the tofu in that sauce and enjoy it fully.
- 1 pack organic firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/2 lb organic baby Bella mushrooms or any on hand, (approximately 1/2 pack)
- 4 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 cup roasted pepper pasta sauce (marinara sauce would do it too)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 Sprigs lemon thyme optional, I used fresh
- 1 1/2 cup cheese shredded (I used aged Provolone Cheese + Sharp Cheddar); You may use any that you like or have. Dairy-free would do if you do not consume dairy.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Tofu Prep: In a large bowl add about 3 cups of warm water and 2 tbsp Salt (I used sea salt); Stir. Take Tofu out of the package and place it in the salted water for about 10 minutes. Take it out after 10 minutes, and press lightly tofu block with either heavy skillet or a heavier pot to remove excess water (you can use tofu press if you have one). You can keep it under heavy pot/skillet for an additional 5 minutes. Using kitchen paper towel pat try tofu.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a smaller baking dish, Add about 3-4 tablespoons of Roasted Pepper sauce.
- Place Tofu in the middle, and drizzle about half of the sauce over the Tofu and around the baking dish.
- Gently clean mushrooms and cut them into halves, peel garlic cloves and crush them.
- Add Mushrooms and garlic around tofu and add chili flakes, salt, pepper, and herb. Arrange nicely and equally all around tofu and mushrooms and garlic. Then add the rest of the sauce over it. Spread and move around tofu and mushrooms so everything could get at least partly coated with the sauce.
- Shred cheese, if it’s not shredded already and drizzle a bit of olive oil all over the ingredients.
- Bake on medium-low for 30-40 minutes. It depends on your oven. Mushrooms should be completely cooked and cheese melted with a deep golden hue. Just keep your eye on it after a 30-minute mark.
Any leftovers, cover, and place in the fridge.
If you do not eat dairy, try one that is dairy-free (Daiya makes vegan/dairy-free cheese).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Le Regalo HW1243 3-Piece Vintage Baking Dish Set, Oven, Dishwasher, Freezer Safe, 14x8.5x2.5, Off-White
- Rachael Ray 58314 Cucina Stoneware Casserole Set, 3-Piece Casserole & Lid, Agave Blue
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- Lodge EC3D33 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 3-Quart, Caribbean Blue
Cauliflower Ranch-Parmesan Baked Bites is amazingly delicious, easy and so versatile. You can pretty much use any flavor that you want or desire. After testing several different coatings or flavors, my family liked this one the best. To be honest, I do not know why […]
Do you have a napkin near you? No! Go get one, because these wings are going to make your mouth water. Here I am with one more batch of chicken wings. I LOVEEE chicken wings!
Who wouldn’t, right? They’re so addictive and so delicious, and most of all very easy to prepare.
I don’t know many people who would turn their head away from the chicken wings, at least not in my circle.
Usually, I serve them with some crunchy fresh vegetables, such as carrots, celery, mixed greens, freshly baked rolls. Sometimes, we would serve them with baked fries. Of course, I can’t forget Ranch dressing and extra hot bbq sauce.
Game night or not, these wings are a winner in my book even on the midweek side with potatoes and salad.
A couple of years ago, I posted a recipe for my chicken wings with Sriracha sauce, and everyone is in love with them. I got pretty amazing reviews too, but these are equally “lick-your-fingers” DELICIOUS!!!
Now, you can double the recipe if you wish, and it is recommended especially if you have eaters with a larger appetite.
NOTE: Keep raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs separate from all other foods at the grocery store and in the refrigerator.
OTHER CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Chill: Enjoy your leftovers! Refrigerate them at 40ºF or below within two hours.
- Clean: Wash surfaces and utensils after each use. Wash fruits and veggies before preparing food, even if you plan to peel them.
- Separate: To prevent cross-contamination, always use separate cutting boards and plates for produce and for raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs.
- Cook: Always use a food thermometer to ensure cooked food reaches a safe internal temperature. (165ºF for poultry – 145ºF for fish, pork, beef, veal, and lamb – 160ºF for ground beef, pork, veal, and lamb).
Easy recipe for tasty Spicy Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3-4 pounds Whole chicken wings separate into sections
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink salt or any on hand
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley *optional
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose Flour gluten-free for those that are sensitive
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce any of your choice
- 1/4 cup Hot sauce OR MORE, I love adding sriracha but you can use any on hand
- Preheat oven to 450 F/ 230 C
- In a large bowl, place chicken wings. Separate chicken drumette from the flat and the tip. Usually, I freeze chicken tips for soups. You do not have to separate them, but it bakes much faster.
- Mix all the ingredients for the rub. Add half to the chicken and mix it until chicken wings are coated, then add the other half and mix again. This way you will know that all the chicken parts are well coated.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet in one single layer (you may line the baking pan/sheet with parchment paper or you can use baking wire ton top of the baking pan to bake chicken wings).
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes, then turn each chicken wing on the other side and bake for another 15 minutes. Flip again, and turn the broiler on and bake under a broiler for 5-7 minutes that is for extra crunchy chicken wings. Please monitor it so the wings don't burn. Some ovens take shorter time like 2-3 minutes and some longer, so watch on them by opening the oven and checking until you reach desirable crunchiness.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together.
- After the chicken wings are finished baking, brush the sauce on both sides, then you may pour the rest over it and use as a little or as much as you wish. The wings need to be completely drenched in sauce. Serve immediately!
You can make these in Air Fryer. Recipe HERE
Don’t you just love easy meals, like this amazing Soy Sauce Marinated Wild Caught Salmon? We absolutely love this one, and it is so easy. You guys probably have all the ingredients in your pantry or fridge. The best thing is that you can use […]