I am sharing with you all delicious meal ideas coming from the Michael Angelo’s Signature Line. I was impressed with the simplicity of the ingredients without losing the overall taste. Michael Angelo’s Signature Line is a go-to meal when you need a convenient lunch or read more
Well, I wrote a whole different post and deleted. It kinda started with my “emo” moments, then I thought “who in hell had the time to read it”, so I deleted it. You came here for a recipe, so I’ll give you a recipe. I am read more
This is probably not a real cowboy skillet, but it sounded like a fun title so there you go! I’ve been busy these few weeks, nothing unusual; recipe testing, photo shoots, prop shopping, etc.
I’ve tried out so many potato recipes that I could turn into potato any minute. You already know that I enjoy potatoes. It’s a staple of our house and so many dishes could be created with it.
If you remember, last year I entered Potato Goodness recipe contest for a chance to be “potato ambassador” plus other perks that go with it.
Yes, I didn’t win, but that didn’t stop me from entering this year. I don’t give up! Nope, It’s not in my nature.
As soon as the invitation arrived, I rubbed my palms like a (good) witch and wasn’t even thinking twice, I definitely had something on my mind.
Brainstorming recipes occupies most of my day… Hell, I think when I wake up at 6:00 in the morning, lunch is already in my subconscious.
So, for this year after testing different textures, tastes and recipes from different countries, I’ve decided on this one. I mean, C’mon! It’s potatoes, meat, and eggs, plus it’s versatile! What’s not to like, right
My man was very happy, and asked for more! I ended up making it again for dinner, then for breakfast the next day and a few days later for brunch. I believe it could be breakfast, lunch or dinner, seriously
My kids go nuts over it, and I know for the fact that adults will make this over and over again. The thing is you can use any type of potato, it just happens that I love new potato medley.
It cooks faster and when you mix 3 kinds of new/young potatoes, it just has that pinch of sweetness too.
Cowboy Skillet: New Potato Medley, Italian Sausage and Eggs
- New Potato Medley quartered (roughly 2 cups)
- 1/4 Onion sliced
- 1/8 cup Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. Fresh rosemary leaves minced
- 6 Oz Ground Italian Sausage mild
- 5-6 Organic Large Eggs
- Chives or Scallions
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl with salt, pepper; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Heat oil and drop potatoes carefully few at the time. Flip potatoes several times with tongs during cooking to ensure even browning. About halfway through add sliced onion and mix until everything is completely done. Potatoes should be crispy. Sprinkle minced fresh rosemary leaves. Spoon out unwanted oil, if you wish. (Read notes*)
- While potatoes are cooking, in the other frying pan, saute on medium-high heat, seasoned ground Italian sausage for a few minutes or until it is no longer pink/bloody.
- Add sauteed ground Italian sausage on the potatoes and onion. Mix it very well and break eggs (sunny side up), add few dashes of salt to season eggs. Try to go in between, allowing the egg whites to go all around and under potatoes and sausage, try not to break egg yolks. Once the egg whites are getting almost cooked, turn on the oven broiler on high, and oven baking rack set in the middle.
- Place skillet in the oven, under the broiler and let it cook for a minute or two, just so the egg whites could be completely cooked; Egg yolks going to be still a little runny/soft. If you do not like runny/soft eggs just let it cook under broiler longer. If you do not have a heavy skillet, use a regular frying pan, but make sure to wrap panhandle really well with heavy duty aluminum foil (last pic.)
- Sprinkle chopped Chives or Scallions on the end and dig in!
- You do NOT need a skillet for this. Like I said, just wrap a handle and you’re good to go. Preparation and Cooking time it also depends on a cook. For me, this was done in 20 minutes from start to finish, but I multitask, and that’s why I added approximately.
- Take your time, and don’t burn yourself! Also with this combo, you can add mushrooms, spinach, kale etc.
- Make sure NOT to overcrowd the pan with potatoes. If you have fewer people, use less ingredients and you can use a large frying pan/skillet or smaller. It’s best if you use enough potatoes that will cover the bottom of the pan and in one layer.
- 2 Cups of potatoes were just enough for my frying pan, but you can add more or less!!! Before cooking, you can actually add quartered potatoes in a clean frying pan and measure that way, too.
- If you have leftovers food, place it in the airtight container and eat the next day (heat it through, though). Ground Italian Sausage is already seasoned, so no need for you to add any seasonings.
- I used a nonstick frying pan and didn’t add any oil. Add more or less eggs, depending on how many people. 5-6 eggs are plenty for 4 people, together with all the potatoes and sausage. Also, depends on the depth and size of your pan/skillet. If you do not like sunny side up eggs, break eggs and mix it together with everything.
Products from Amazon.com
Most of the time my weekends are working. I don’t know why, perhaps I just got used to it; Testing recipes, photoshoots and editing are just part of my Saturday and Sunday. When blogging got a little bit more serious for me, my social life read more
I love having sweet anything every day, in moderation, of course, but in reality, I am more going toward savory, rather than sweets. Ever since I got a box of these yummy Biscoff cookies I really had to brainstorm what I could make with them, read more
IT’S FRIDAY!!!! YES! This week was HELLA tough… so much work, plus the weather is not the most loving. It is warm and nice, but dark clouds know how to spoil a very bright day.
I love Rain, but I most certainly do not like gloomy mornings. I feel like 10 more minutes of sleep would be really appreciated
Since the grilling season is coming as well as outdoor gatherings, I thought to start with delicious grilled recipes. What do you guys say?! Huh? Shall we start
This wrap was absolutely amazing! If you can imagine Mesquite flavor from the chicken, some salsa, melted cheese and drizzle of my delcious sauce. Oh, Man! This is one good wrap.
I devour this while the kids were in school. I know, pretty selfish of me, but I could not resist it, plus my excuse was It would totally get soggy if it is not eaten within 2 hours. We do not want to waste food, right
Mesquite Chicken Wrap
- 3-5 oz 76g-150g Chicken Breast More for extra servings
- 2 Hickory Smoked Crispy Bacon optional if you do not eat
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1.5 tsp. Mesquite Seasoning McCormick Grill Mates
- 1 Large Tortilla or Wrap low carb if you prefer
- 1 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese or any other that you prefer
- 1/4 cup Mixed Greens any greens would do
- 3 tablespoons Salsa
Salsa- 2 cups
- 1/4 Onion yellow or red, chopped
- 1 pound fresh ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño or to taste, minced, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or use parsley as a sub
- 2 teaspoons fresh Lime or Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Avocado oil or Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado pureed
- Cut Chicken in strips, oil all over and rub the Mesquite seasoning on the chicken breast. Place on the preheated grill (or you can pan fry it, just add a bit of oil in the pan). Cook on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side, depending on how thick strips are.
- Once the chicken is done, set aside and start dicing salsa. Try to keep everything the same size, and leftover salsa could be placed in the container and in the fridge.
Combine everything for the sauce and mix until smooth. You may use back or the fork or a spoon to smash the avocado. This can also serve as a dip.
- If you are using a grill, place tortilla on the grill, add cheese and chicken, let the cheese completely melt, few minutes. You may use a Microwave or preheated oven.
- Add salsa on top, drizzle with a special sauce to your preference Wrap it up and enjoy!
You can use whatever type of salsa you like! This is my standard that I enjoy with many meals, and dressing is my basic dressing and a personal favorite!
When cooking chicken, the internal temperature should be between 165F-170F This also could be added in Pita Bread or Italian Bread type of bread. Refrigerate leftover salsa.
Salsa and Sauce serve more than one. Make more chicken or extra servings.
Unused salsa and sauce should be refrigerated.
Bulgogi is “ONE” of my favorite Korean dishes. It is really hard for me to pick a favorite among many tasty dishes to pick one. However, my love for grilled food is well known. Even when I am fullest I will still eat it, or read more