If you told me a couple of years ago that I will make Homemade Classic Marshmallow, I would not believe you. I always thought I was not talented enough or patient enough to make my own. With that being said, I was not aware of…
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet…
Baked Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorite Autumn treats. It warms your heart and soul, and the pleasant aroma is just enchanting.
I did not grow up with sweet potatoes. The first time I tried sweet potatoes I was 18 or 19 years old.
That being mentioned, when I tried them I instantly fell in love with the taste, texture, and aroma.
It reminded me of these delightful winter squash that we had every fall season. It was not a pumpkin, but not a butternut squash either, somewhere in between.
I dearly savored it when I was a little girl. I could not wait until squash slices come out of the wood-burning oven. Mmhmm! It was all I wanted and more. The 80s were special in every possible way.
Nevertheless, my kids are not enormous fans of the sweet potatoes, but they would eat a spoon or two. Well, I heartily enjoyed them mostly by myself through the season and I am entirely fine with it.
Typically, I carefully wrap them with alum foil and roast a couple of them to last me a few days. However, since many do not like to use aluminum making them just like this is just fine as well.
I would recommend making them both ways; sweet and savory. As I said before, I make many of them for later.
I love adding a pat of butter in the hot sweet potato and drizzle with delicious maple syrup. I would rather have that over any dessert, plus it is quite healthy.
Sweet Potato Casserole is coming soon. I cannot wait to share my tasty recipes in two ways, and just before Thanksgiving!
Recipes you might like:
If you get inspired and make these delightful Baked Sweet Potatoes, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
An easy and tasty recipe for delicious Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 pounds organic sweet potatoes
- sea salt butter, a tablespoon of each potato
- dash of salt
- dash of ground black pepper
- a sprinkle of dried parsley
- A drizzle of olive oil
- sea salt butter
- Maple syrup or honey
- chopped nuts
1. Wash them.
The worst way to ruin a sweet potato casserole or stuffed sweet potatoes is with a gritty texture. Scrub the skins lightly before preparing. Pat dry after with kitchen paper towel or just regular kitchen towel.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Sweet potatoes tend to get a little juicy while baking, so lining the baking sheet first ensures easy cleanup. From time to time I forgot to do it or don't have any parchment paper on hand, but it is so much easier to clean up when you do have it.
3. Poke holes!
The pricking technique is always used when baking regular or sweet potatoes—it reduces the baking time and ensures the potatoes won't burst while baking. Poke the potato skin with a fork or knife in a few places before you bake it. We can't predict which potato might burst so this is always a wise idea.
4. Bake until tender.
How can you tell when they’re done? Stick a fork into the thickest part of the potato, if there’s no resistance it’s good to go.
- Preheat oven to 425º. On a baking sheet, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Bake until tender, 50 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Let cool, then split the top open with a knife and top with a pat of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper dried parsley and serve. You may drizzle with olive oil just before serving.
- For the sweet option, add a pat of butter in each potato, then drizzle with maple syrup or honey, perhaps some chopped nuts or even chocolate and marshmallows.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- TeamFar Baking Sheet with Rack Set, Stainless Steel Cookie Sheet Baking Pans with Cooling Rack, Non Toxic & Healthy, Rust Free & Heavy Duty, Mirror Finish & Easy Clean, Dishwasher Safe - 6 Pieces
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name.…
This post is sponsored by RITZ Crackers. All opinions are entirely my own. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter RITZ Bars are easy, tasty and fantastic to serve over the holiday season. I have made this type of no-bake bar many times. What I love about this…
In my opinion, Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are one of the most addictive, but tasty snacks that we could ever munch on.
They are a labor of love, truly. We do need several steps to prep them, a drop of patience and love but they are totally worth it.
I still vividly remember autumn and wintertime in Belgrade. Well, I could not wait until school is finished so I could walk by my favorite street vendor and buy a newspaper cone of pumpkin seeds as well as chestnuts.
It keeps you warm as much as satisfied while you wait until a trolley or a bus gets you. Fun memories!
To move to the present time, pumpkin carving and taking the seeds out has been a family affair. An amazing activity for the kids.
We got these two huge pumpings. I was so happy to see that we had so many seeds. I really love this addictive snack.
What are some of the Fall or Winter activities that you do with your family or just with your kids?
Anyhow, what I wanted to point out that this was the first year that I was soaking seeds. To be frank, they came out much better, so I encourage you to follow the steps that I wrote in my recipe.
I would love to hear how you make pumpkin seeds?
My husband and I can’t stop eating. In the last few days, more than half has been gone. We pulled out 6 cups of seeds. Unbelievable! I am telling you, these pumpkins were amazing.
If you use my recipe to make Oven Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance for all your support.
Snack you might like:
Easy, tasty and healthy snack idea.
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- A drizzle of oil for each batch
Clean the seeds
- Separate the seeds from the stringy pulp, rinse the seeds in a colander under cold water.
- After cleaning, which is the hardest part, soak in 2 cups of cold water. Soak for at least 6 hours. Drain.
Boil the seeds
- Boil the seeds for 10 minutes in salted water.
- All you need is 2 cups of water and 2 teaspoon salt.
- Boiling before roasting is very important because you will cook the seeds so when you roast them they will be cooked through.
- Drain and leave them in the colander to cool and air dry.
Dry the seeds
- Do not use paper towels because the seeds will stick. I would recommend a clean cotton towel.
- Dry well, and then preheat oven to 350F.
Season the seeds
I used a drizzle of oil, then a sprinkle of sea salt and rosemary. You may use any other herb.
Roast the seeds
- Keep seeds in the single layer. I made 3 batches just to keep them in a single layer.
- Depending on your oven, but do check them at 18 minutes. I take them out at 21 minutes.
- Set a timer at 10 minutes, and shake your baking sheet. This will prevent seeds from sticking and they will roast beautifully.
Allow the seeds to cool down completely, then store in the ziplock bag.
- Taking the seeds out of the pumpkin is not included in the prep time.
- Nuts and seeds have enzymes to help prevent them from sprouting prematurely. However, those enzymes can make pumpkin seeds difficult to digest which is why soaking comes in handy. By soaking them in salted water, you are stripping away the enzymes and making the seeds much easier to digest. source: Wellness Mama
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
School is in a full session for over two months now, so these delicious and Fluffy Cream Cheese Blueberry Pancakes make an appearance on our table quite often. We are almost at the Fall break, but temperatures are not getting any better. We are still…
These tasty, moist and beautiful Gluten-Free Banana Cocoa Muffins are absolutely amazing for breakfast, brunch or dessert. We were quite impressed by the gluten-free all-purpose flour and the way these muffins turned out. Yes, my family tried to eat gluten-free most of the time if…
This post is sponsored by General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own.
What better way to start your morning than with a cup of coffee or tea and a nice, delectable Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuit Danish.
Warm, sweet, delicious and most definitely an easy breakfast, brunch or dare I say dessert.
Before school starts, we always make plans for preparing clothes and the weekly menu. These NEW General Mills Pillsbury Blueberry Biscuits with icing will be on our table quite often considering they are a family favorite already.
Why would not they be?! Just look how amazing they look.
They are fluffy and delightful and are not just limited to one dish they can be baked into. We had fun creating blueberry biscuit pizzas, rolls stuffed with cream cheese and fresh blueberries as well as these amazing Danishes.
With that being said, you could really just bake them and spread a bit of butter on top for a classic sweet biscuit breakfast.
My kids enjoyed these very much. We are just about to create an amazing weekend breakfast using their new chocolate chip biscuits, which are must-try.
Needless to say, my 12-year-old is having a great time prepping these with me. Please do include your children and grand-babies when you’re baking.
Nothing beats any bonding activity you do with your children, especially baking, which will always make them smile all the way through the process and after when tasting the finished product. It’s fun and you make memories that will truly last a lifetime.
You can purchase the New Pillsbury Sweet Biscuits with Icing – Chocolate Chip and Blueberry at Publix.
I got them on aisle 16, where you would usually find other Pillsbury goodies just ready for you to bake them.
I got themon aisle 16, where you would usually find other Pillsbury goodies just ready foryou to bake them.
If you make these tasty Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuit Danish, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to share your creation with everyone. Thank you!!!
- 1 Pillsbury New Blueberry Biscuits, 8 CT
- 1/2 block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- You may serve them with fresh blueberries and a lemon zest
- Press the middle of each biscuit with your fingers and create a little bowl.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of blueberry jam in each biscuit.
- Using a hand mixer, combine together room temperature cream cheese & sugar.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add cream cheese filling on the top and spread a bit. The best way is to use two teaspoons.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle each with frosting. Add a bit of lemon zest and fresh blueberries for the perfect breakfast or brunch.
You may use other jams as well such as blackberries, strawberries or apricots
Brownies — a scrumptious, mouthwatering, enticing dessert that leaves all with nothing but a smile. The chocolaty goodness bestowed by this sweet treat is definitely a personal favorite in my family! Not only are they delightful to eat, but they are just as pleasing…