I love Air Fryer Bone-in Ribeye Steak. To be honest, I have no idea how did I ever live this long without an air-fryer. It is the best invention, and I am in love with it ever since we got it. We made so many […]
Category: MEAT, FISH AND POULTRY
Pasta and Cheese with Chicken and Peas is an easy-peasy dinner. Don’t you agree with me?! Once in a while my meals, dinners, in particular, seem to look like this, one pot. Well, if I am being honest, we make one-pot meals more often than […]
Hello, September bugs. Are you ready for some tasty Fried Chicken Wings?
I have been working hard these days especially after reviewing several recipe requests.
So, I have decided to make videos. Stay tuned for upcoming recipes because you’re going to love them.
With Fall weather already approaching, and football season is here, I thought to share my ultimate comfort finger food, FRIED CHICKEN WINGS.
As much as I really love hearty soups during this time, sometimes a girl gotta have some soul food, right?
Well, I do have kind of a love-hate relationship with fried food. I am aware whatcha gonna say: “Sandra, you’re posting the healthiest smoothies, then heading in the whole different direction!?”
To be honest, we got to indulge sometimes with something like this, plus mashed potatoes, gravy, and collard greens. I mean, who can say NO to that? Not ME, that’s for sure.
Anyhow, let’s talk about Fried Chicken Wings. The coating is light, but the skin is incredibly crisp, overall lightly seasoned with just a little kick from chilli powder.
The meat is juicy and tender. Only question remaining, who wants some?
Jokes on the side, it is DA BEST chicken wings that I have made.
1. Delicious. ✓ 2. Addictive. ✓ 3. Crispy. ✓ 4. Juicy ✓- And did I say DELICIOUS? ✓✓✓ Oh, yes!
Yes, I did, but I have to add it again, just in case if you haven’t heard me before.
Dip these in delicious Sriracha-Honey Sauce and you got yourself a lip-smacking wing
If you make these yummy Fried Chicken Wings, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thanks so much in advance!
Watch my video on youtube or turn off your adblock and watch it here on my blog. Thanks!
Delicious fried chicken recipe.
- 20 chicken wings approx. 3.5 lbs., family pack.
- 1 1/2 cup/s Cornstarch
- Peanut Oil or any other with a higher smoking point. For the regular DEEP pan/pot w/ a lid, use between 48-72 FL OZ (1.4L-2.1L) -ALSO it depends on the size of your fryer.
- 1/4 chopped Onion OR 1 tbsp. Onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Using a sharp knife, separate carefully the wings at the joint. Remove the toe of the wing and Wash the wings under cold water, as well as the board and knife. You can cut the tips of the wings and discard if you wish. A safe cooking internal temperature for chicken wings is 165°F
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ingredients for the marinade. Mix everything to combine. Add chicken wings, and mix, massage, and get all the wings coated with the seasoning.
- In another clean bowl, add about 1 1/2 cup of cornstarch. Dip each chicken wing/piece into the cornstarch, shake a bit, then place on the plate. Discard the cornstarch after you are done!!!
- Preheat your oil to 375F (190C). And fry in batches. Deep fry the wings until about 90% cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain oil using a wire basket or a wire rack for a few minutes, then drop the wings for the second time, and deep fry it until the wings are crispy, approx. 3-5 more min. The wings should be deep golden brown. Drain oil again in a wire basket or a wire rack for a few minutes before digging in.
- Serve immediately!
You can use Deeper pot/pan with a fitted lid. If you use the lid, the temp., of the oil will not cool as easy, and the chicken will cook faster. Oil: Use any oil with a higher smoking point such as Peanut oil, coconut and olive oil. I used before corn and canola oil and it burns faster,
Use air fryer but results might wary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
- OMORC Air Fryer XL 6QT(w/Cookbook), 15-in-1 1800W Fast w/Wet Finger-Friendly Quick Knob & Touch Screen Deep Fryer Oven Large Oilless Hot Air, 8-15 Presets, Preheat, Nonstick Basket, 2-Year Warranty
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver