Not only that, you are going to love these flavorful grilled pork chops, but I can promise you will make them all the time. Now, you will need any kind of grill to make them, of course. However, you can use your air fryer read more
— Using Kingsford Hardwood Pellets This post is sponsored by Kingsford. The opinion and text are mine. Cooking a whole family meal on the grill is not only a time-saver but also a very delicious way to prepare food. On top of that, you can create read more
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich.
You guys asked me so many time to post my version of this amazing sandwich and I always hesitated. To be honest, I was testing how I like it the best without offering anyone regarding how I make it.
I ate so many different version even though they all contain the same ingredients just slightly different made or prepared. In the end, what is truly authentic?
It’s food, a recipe and everyone add their own print, right? You are allowed to experiment and put your own little twist on dishes that you make for you and tour family.
That being said, my family went crazy for this one. Also, I made for my husband’s staff and they all loved it so I am confident that you guys going to love this recipe.
I made 3 trays full of these Cubanos and I couldn’t resist. I didn’t have a piece of bread or anything with gluten for about 3 months at all, and this was rebirth experience.
So, if you are on low carb diet then you know what I mean. Anyhow, you can totally use low carb tortilla if you are on keto. It’s not the same as having a nice Cuban bread but, hey, better than nothing! Haha
It is truly amazing and so delicious and I really hope you give this sandwich a try.
When you make my Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich, or any other recipe from my blog please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 tablspoon ground black pepper
- 5-6 pounds boneless pork shoulder butt.
- Four 10 inches (approximately) Cuban sandwich loaves, sliced into 4 equal sizes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1 pound sliced smoked ham
- Dill pickles sliced lengthwise
- Roast pork
- 8-10 ounces Swiss cheese slices
FOR PRESSING SANDWICH
- Garlic and Herbs Butter or read notes
- Cast iron grill pan with cast iron grill press
- OR PANINI PRESS
- Place pork into a largest ziplock bag then pours the marinade. Make sure that marinade is very well combined before pouring it over the pork. massage the pork for a bit to coat then close the ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably 12 hours. Halfway through turn the ziplock on the other side and massage it again just to make sure the pork is well coated with the marinade.
Oven roast pork in Dutch Oven for 3 to 3 ½ hours on lower heat at 350°F. Take it out of the oven, and allow it to cool down for 20-30 minutes before shredding or carving against the grain.
You can use your slow cooker: Set on high and slow cook for 4-6 hours depending on the size. You may slice it in big chunks so the pork fit well in the slow cooker. Shred pork using two forks as soon as the pork is falling apart.
Grilling pork brings an amazing flavor and it's my favorite ways to prep meat.
When I am cooking it on my Traeger Grill:
- I prep my smoker for 15 minutes at 250° Fahrenheit with the lid closed. Then I place pork directly on the grill and cook for 2 hours.
- Take it off the grill and put the pork in the center on the heavy-duty foil, then bring up the sides of the foil a little bit before pouring the apple cider on top of the pork butt.
- Wrap the foil tightly around the pork, make sure the cider does not escape.
- Place the foil-wrapped pork butt back on the grill and cook until the temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, in the thickest part of the meat, about 2-3 more hours longer depending on the size of the pork butt.
- Allow it to cool DOWN completely for about 30 minutes in foil before shredding or carving against the grain.
- Slice Cuban bread loaf in half then spread unsalted butter on one size and mustard on the other.
- Add sliced or shredded pork, ham, cheese slices, and pickles. Close and spread or brush soften garlic and herbs butter on top then slice into equal portions.
- Preheat your grill pan and cook these but pressing onto the cast iron grill. pan and pressing it with cast iron grill press. You can turn it around if you wish and do the same on the other side. You may use a panini press or just bake in the oven if you do not wish to press it at all. I like keeping them in the warm oven wrapped before serving, or microwave to make the hot.
- If you get pork shoulder butt with a bone, no worries you can still do this and it will taste great.
- If you wish to use Pork Loin or Tenderloin, it's great! I tried it and it tastes fantastic. You do not need to panic.
- If you like any other pickle or ham go ahead and adapt to your liking. Maybe you like dijon mustard use that one. We prefer yellow mustard and smoked ham over honey glazed ham.
- If you cant get garlic and herbs butter then spread butter on the bread and sprinkle with herbs and garlic powder.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill with Locking Lid, Opens 180 Degrees for Any Sandwich Thickness (25460A) Nonstick 8" x 10" Grids Chrome Finish
- Lodge 10.5 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Pre-seasoned Grill Pan with Easy Grease Draining for Grilling Bacon, Steak, and Meats.
- Lodge Rectangular Cast Iron Grill Press. 6.75 x 4.5" Cast Iron Grill Press with Cool-Grip Spiral Handle.
- SANDRA MIHIC's Amazon Page
Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner so I put together a round-up of recipes. They all amazing, easy and delicious. I do not about you, but in my house, we love Mexican cuisine. I make it at least once a week. Spicy or read more
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not. These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the read more
An easy and delicious recipe for Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs with sauteed cabbage. This was so delicious and totally unexpected.
The demand for air fryer recipes is truly overwhelming, so I have decided to start testing recipes for my blog and this is the first one.
It was really incredibly easy and tasty that my family asked me to make these ribs 3 times just this week.
They loved the crispiness of the ribs and the fact that they are so juicy as well as tender.
I am so happy to tell you guys that I will try to share as many recipes as I can just for the air fryer.
Well, I am thinking of recipes that are simple, easy, and perfect for a quick dinner. A meal ready to be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I feel like this is the best invention ever. To be perfectly honest with you all, I was one of those skeptical people. I used a conventional oven in the past and loved it.
However, in the case of air fryer, we are talking about a kitchen gadget that is similar to the conventional oven yet so different. Absolutely amazing!
With that being said, I might be just a bit in love with my air fryer. We have been using it literally every single day since my husband decided to surprise me.
Some things we made are pizza, bacon, boiled eggs, fish, fries, wings as well as fish sticks, burgers, etc. Yes, we are killing it here with the air fryer.
My Anna tested making cookies and somewhat healthy energy bars in the air fryer. Even biscuits came out sort of tasty. Okay, I might be just a little excited so I keep blabbering but I am being honest.
If you have any questions or recipes that you would like me to post or test using air fryer please do not hesitate to comment below. I would really appreciate some ideas.
What have you made using an air fryer?
If you make my tasty Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs, please share it with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you for all your support!
You may also like:
- Zesty Rosemary Lime Chicken Wings
- Roasted Cauliflower and Cheese
- Air Fryer Rainow Potatoes with Rosemary
An easy and delicious recipe for Airfryer Baby Back Ribs with sauteed cabbage.
- 1 rack of baby back ribs, cut ribs into sections
- 1 tbsp. Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Brown Sugar (add low carb sugar if you are keto such as Truvia Brown Sugar Blend)
- Pat the ribs dry with kitchen paper towel then rub all over oil and liquid smoke.
- Mix all the ingredients for seasoning together. Season the ribs with the spices.
- Cut the rack of ribs into sections 4-5 ribs to fit the air fryer.
- Cook the ribs in the air fryer for 20 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, depending on the rib thickens as well as your air fryer.
- After the ribs are done, you may brush some BBQ sauce and pop in the air fryer for 5 more minutes, but it is not necessary. I like brushing just the leftover drippings for more flavorful ribs.
If you do not want to add BBQ sauce then just allow the ribs to rest for about 10 min so the juices could go back.
You can make this Low carb and Keto friendly just by switching a few things. For example, adding low carb sugar. Yes, you may add regular brown sugar as well. It is all about meeting your diet. We are doing low carb so that is why I mention that.
Also, you can serve it with potatoes, cauliflower or sauteed cabbage. It is very simple serving it with cabbage.
1/2 Organic Cabbage, slice into thin strips
2 Garlic cloves, crushed and minced
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
Splash of Water
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Heat the skillet and add oil,
Sautee on the oil for about 4-5 minutes at medium-high heat.
After the cabbage is coated with seasoning and almost half done sauteeing, add a splash of water to help cabbage get softer.
Allow it to cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Season to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Thick Bamboo Wood Cutting Board / Kitchen Butcher Block - Heavy Duty Chopping Board With Juice Grooves and Handles. Best for Carving Meat, Fish and Chicken | Perfect Housewarming Gift
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
This Easy Pork Schnitzel recipe is absolutely amazing and I have a feeling that you guys going to love it. It would be too many comfort foods to count that remind me greatly of my childhood. I can’t even say which is my favorite because I really enjoy them all. read more
Who loves Chinese Food? I can see many hands up waving at me. Let me ask you, how many times monthly do you go to get takeouts? I hear ya! Well, to be honest, I am guilty as charged. I would go just to get read more