One of my absolute favorite food is tasty, easy and pan-fried Chicken Schnitzels. I can eat this all day, and every single day without ever getting tired of, and I am not even exaggerating. I have a love-hate relationship with fried food, but I suspect read more
Category: MEAT, FISH AND POULTRY
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken fillets or cutlets, mushrooms, garlic or onions, and Marsala wine. It is an easy yet extremely delicious way to prepare the chicken with incredibly creamy mushroom sauce. My family and I absolutely adore this dish. Well, read more
Quick recipe for easy shrimp and grits. It is the best and one of my favourite comfort food. It also makes an amazing family dinner idea.
When I want to make a quick meal for my family this recipe always comes to the rescue.
Well, there is always pasta, but I am trying really hard not to make pasta every other night.
I am being creative, like making breakfast for dinner. It is nothing original but it works for us.
Since we are talking about quick and easy meals, shrimp goes well with rice, pasta or potatoes.
On the other hand, chicken, pork or beef goes very well with grits. There is always a solution when it comes to creating an amazingly delicious quick and easy dinner.
To be honest, this makes an incredible brunch food or lunch.
All you need to cut the meat into smaller pieces to cook fast. It tastes absolutely amazing with lemon and butter.
From time to time my family gets picky around food; no runny yolks, problems with chunky pasta sauce as well as floating onions in the stew or soup, etc.
There is so much more than they do not like, but I just wanted to name a few to tell you that we just like any other family. I cook all the time and experiment so my kids would eat what I make.
I am sure that you have at least one picky eater in your house, so if there are no allergies this meal is a winner. They will lick a bowl and ask for more.
Recipes you might like:
So traditionally grits are gluten-free, however, make sure to check because some brands like Quaker does not consider them to be gluten-free due to the possibility of cross-contamination. I am just sharing what everyone is saying.
There are other brands that are gluten-free and instant. I just wanted to put that out there if you did not know.
If you get inspired and make my recipe for Easy Shrimp and Grits, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Quick and Easy Shrimp and Grits recipe; a perfect family dinner.
- 1 cup instant grits
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cup chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste (always taste food)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 ½ shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
How to make grits:
- Cook grits according to package instructions using half and half or heavy whipped
cream (or milk) and chicken stock in place of water.
- Generously season your grits with ½ teaspoon of salt and about ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper,
or to please your taste. Always add less and taste it. You can always add more. Stir and cook grits at the low temperature until liquid is absorbed and becomes creamy and smooth.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter and set aside and keep warm. It takes usually around 5-7 minutes to finish instant grits at a lower temperature or about 20 to 25 minutes if you going to make stone-ground grits. Read instructions on the back of the package as it could be very helpful.
How to prep shrimp:
- Peel and devein shrimp if they are not already. Wash well under cold water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in garlic, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook at medium temperature, stirring occasionally, until pink and cooked through about 3 minutes to up to 5 minutes. Do not overcook. As soon as it is pink all throughout it is cooked.
- Stir in chopped parsley and lemon juice. Serve immediately with grits, garnished with chopped parsley.
The ratio you need to remember for stone-ground grits is 4:1. It's 4 cups of liquid to 1 cup of stone-ground grits. You can use just water, or a combination of stock, water, and milk/cream.
If you do not have old bay seasoning you may use just celery salt, ground black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, and paprika.
You could use cubed chicken breast instead of shrimp to make this dish. Cooking time might take a few minutes longer but it tastes amazing. That is just in case of allergies or if you dislike shrimp. Also, some of you were asking if you could use pork. Yes, pork tenderloin is perfectly fine, just slice it into smaller pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Index Color-Coded Cutting Board Set with Holder Non-slip Thick Boards for Kitchen
- Professional 8 Inch Chefs Knife Set - High Carbon Chef Knife + FREE BONUS Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stainless Steel Rod - High Quality , Razor Sharp, Ergonomic Grip, Balanced Weight.By YourSharpChoices
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Enamel Stock Pot Rose Enamel Cooking Pot Enameled Pot with Lid (1.6 qt (1.5 L))
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
If you love salmon than you will love this tasty and quite easy Salmon Wellington aka salmon fillet wrapped with puff pastry. I think this is the fanciest dish that I made in a long time, but it is ridiculously simple. Well, I could not read more
Individual Chicken Pot Pies are such a delight. To be serious, it is the comfort food at its finest. I have decided to make them individually because they are portion size and they just look so adorable. I do not know about you, but I read more
Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
If you like chicken salad or egg salad than you will love these low carb lettuce wraps. Addition of peas is optional, of course. However, they add such an amazing burst of sweetness.
You can add carrots or corn, or addition of all. Well, I think it just comes down to your personal preference.
It is all about creating something that you like. Taste and feel your food and see how you can develop a meal with your own twist.
Also, from time to time I would add eggs and sometimes I would skip including them.
The best part of this kind of salad is that you can use any chicken breast, although I would totally recommend rotisserie chicken.
Most of the time we do have leftovers after getting a large rotisserie chicken from the store and this is what we make.
It is just such a delicious and easy way to make lunch or even dinner.
My husband and I devoured this tray of lettuce wraps. I did not even miss bread or additional carbs.
That being said, I will probably slice some tomatoes and avocado the next time I serve these.
This salad reminds me greatly of my Russian Olivier Salad, except that I did not add smoked ham and boiled potatoes.
Oh, I can’t even tell you how much I love that salad that’s why I created this one. Something similar, but still somewhat different.
Please do check out my delicious and extremely easy Russian Olivier Salad because I have a feeling that you guys will love it.
Anyhow, if you make my amazing Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps please tag me on INSTAGRAM.
@sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance. I really appreciate all your support!
You may also like:
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe in a yummy croissant
- School Lunch Box with Amazing Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Asian Style Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps
Easy and tasty lunch or fun appetizers. Sometimes you really do not need a whole lot to create an amazing meal. Just look at these tasty Chicken and Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps. They look fire and taste even better.
- 1 1/2-2 cup pull apart rotisserie chicken breast
- 4 large boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted (optional)
- 2 kosher pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 Butterhead lettuce
- Use any leftover chicken breast such as oven-roasted chicken or even boiled, however, my recommendation is rotisserie. Take the skin off and pull off chicken breast meat off. Shred and pull apart with two forks or with your hands. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Boil eggs, 6 minutes in the boiling water. Submerge eggs in cold water, break them a bit and leave for 5 minutes before peeling. Peel eggs and chop into small pieces. Add eggs to the mixing bowl.
- Add diced pickles, lemon juice, a dash of salt and pepper, then mix it by tossing it.
- Now, add mayo and mustard and mix it to coat everything very well. Keep salad in the fridge before serving.
- Wash and separate butter lettuce or any lettuce on hand and add about 2 tablespoons of the salad in the middle of the lettuce cup.
- I like garnishing it with a dash of black pepper and sweet paprika or red hot chili pepper flakes. This really depending on your personal preference.
The salad could be refrigerated and in airt tight container for up to 3 days. That is for the best taste.
If you do not like peas, please omit or add corn or carrots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Chef Collection, Premium 7 Pieces Wooden Cooking and Serving Utensils/Spatulas set |Small,Medium,Long plain,Dotted,Slotted Spatulas, Rice Spoon, Ladle|Nonstick Wooden Gadgets| Great Gift
- Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch - Comfort-Pro Series - German High Carbon Stainless Steel - Razor Sharp, Super Comfortable
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
I am a sandwich person, and I could eat a sandwich probably every single day. However, when it comes to ham, slow-cooked pork, swiss cheese, pickles, mustard pressed in the Cuban bread there is nothing better in this world. I love this Tasty Pressed Cuban Sandwich. read more
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; read more
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting. My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. read more