These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday. If you are like my family…
What better to start Holiday brunch than with breakfast casserole?! I have made many times this amazing breakfast casserole with different types of bread and meats. It is always a bit different, but extremely comforting and delicious. Therefore, when the cold weather knocks on our…
I had that moment of “I’ll have what she’s having” when I tasted this so-called cake, Sugar Cookies Chocolate Caramel Skillet Cake. Can I just say, this was OMG!?
Just to be clear, I am not addicted to sweets. Well, I am far from it, yet sometimes, I like having something sweet like this cake.
I had challenged myself to create something that you might not expect to make out of sugar cookie dough. I believe that I accomplished that.
With that being said, I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and caramel. Throw in some nuts and voila. I am in heaven!
You have an amazing skillet cake that takes almost no effort at all because you have the work cut out for you by using sugar cookie dough by Pillsbury.
Pillsbury is my family’s favorite, and personal preference. Around the holidays, I am extremely busy and I don’t have time to make cookies from scratch, so these are most definitely life-savers.
To be quite honest with you all, I rather use Pillsbury cookie dough than spend hours preparing a cake that I know will end up in disaster.
You see, I am not much of a “cake” baker, so Pillsbury has been my savior for many years; school parties, family gatherings, busy holiday season.
Also, to add that Pillsbury sugar cookies are affordable, especially for my family of five. Of course, I bought a couple of these sugar cookie logs at my local Walmart, to create this skillet cake.
All the ingredients used in this recipe are from Walmart. I just like a store where I can go and get everything that I need in one place.
When the holiday season arrives, and it is just around a corner, this comforting, sweet, delicious and simple cake going to be the center of attention on our table, especially around Christmas time.
The hardest part is waiting until the cake cools down, just for 10-15 minutes.
I liked eating them warm with a cup of hot coffee, but I must say that they are very delicious cold or even the next day.
However, I had to wait until they are completely cooled down so I could take pictures. I kept myself busy, by making dinner, washing dishes, etc.
I can’t even tell you how hard it has been to resist going over to my studio table to take just a little bite. They are gooey, chocolaty, sweet, perfect if you love sweets.
The next day, I had a few slices leftover, and this is absolutely heavenly and irresistible cold, too.
Obviously, you can make beautiful sugar cookies and decorate them with your family over the holidays, or other delicious sweet treats. Perfect time to make memories with your kids, in the kitchen.
If you make my Sugar Cookies Chocolate Caramel Skillet Cake, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking.
Thank you all so much in advance! Happy Holidays!
Tasty and easy skillet cookie cake!
- 2 Pillsbury Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup American Classic Caramel Bites, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed Hazelnuts or any other nuts on hands
- Cocoa Powder
- Crushed Hazelnuts
- Use well seasoned 10" Iron Skillet. Read notes*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Open one pack of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough, and press firmly on the bottom of the skillet. The well-seasoned skillet should be nonstick, so no need for butter.
- Add semisweet chocolate chips, American Classic Caramel Bites chopped hazelnuts. Press slightly into the bottom sugar cookie dough.
- Open the other Pillsbury Sugar Cookie dough and add a little bit at the time on top. Use spatula and fingers to evenly spread the dough. It doesn't have to be perfect because the cookie dough will slightly expand and fill the gaps.
- You can add more chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts on top if you desire.
- Bake the skillet cake in the preheated oven for 25-27 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for about 20 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
- Dust with cocoa powder and add more crushed nuts.
- You can use the smaller skillet, but in that case, one sugar cookie dough log, split in half might be enough.
- You can use PB chips instead of caramel bites.
- After it bakes, skillet cake will be very soft, and when it cools down it will have the gooey texture inside, but the top will be firm.
- Since it has two layers of cookie dough, you must know that this is not your average cookie, and it does need time to bake.
- You may use other nuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer Contential Silver RRK150CU (Renewed)
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- Silicone Spatula Set - 6 Piece Non-Stick Rubber Spatula Set with Stainless Steel Core - Heat-Resistant Spatula Kitchen Utensils Set for Cooking, Baking and Mixing - Red
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Bundle. 10.5” Griddle, 8” Skillet, 10.25” Skillet, 10.25” Dutch Oven, and 10.25” Lid
Today, I have a very special post for you all, as well as Southern Green beans and New Potatoes with Bacon. I cannot stress enough talking about food safety in the kitchen and around your home. It is a huge part of my life that I…
Hey, creamy garlic mashed potatoes topped with brown butter, lovers. Are you excited about the holiday season? I am super excited, but only because of the delicious food that e serve during the holidays. Speaking of delicious food, what do you think about my fabulous mashed…