Pasta and Cheese with Chicken and Peas is an easy-peasy dinner. Don’t you agree with me?! Once in a while my meals, dinners, in particular, seem to look like this, one pot. Well, if I am being honest, we make one-pot meals more often than…
Category: CHICKEN RECIPES
It is that time of the year when Superbowl parties are planned here in the USA. So these Twice Baked Potatoes with Chicken are a must make. We do not host big parties. It is usually just five of us with plenty of good food; Pizzas,…
One more chicken recipe, but this is Cajun Chicken over Potatoes, which extra tasty. Don’t you just love the crunchy chicken skin?
What’s more, this one was ever so crunchy with a touch of heat from Cayenne pepper, simply the way I like it.
There is no better comfort than potatoes and chicken. Usually, I would serve it over the weekend when the whole family gets together.
Since we are so busy during the week, sitting at the dining room table is sometimes impossible, so that’s why we make an effort and make it that much more special over the weekend.
I have hardly any leftovers, and that’s what I like to see empty plates or bowls.
When I make chicken and potatoes, there is always a big bowl of mixed greens salad with citrusy dressing, and homemade bread.
It just wouldn’t be complete without it. I hope you will appreciate this type of supper as much as we did.
If you make Cajun Chicken over Potatoes or any other of my recipes please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your delicious creations and share them with my readers as well. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy and tasty family dinner idea.
- 4 Chicken Thighs with a drumstick you can use chicken breast, drumsticks or thighs
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or similar, butter could be used as well
Cajun Dry Rub
- ½ teaspoon ground Black Pepper 2.3g
- 2½ teaspoons Salt 14.22g
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder 4.6g
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin 2.30g
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder 2.30 g
- 1 teaspoon smoked Paprika 2.30g
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder 2.30g
- 1½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper 3.45g
- ½ teaspoon dry Parsley 0.53g
- ½ teaspoon dry Sage 0.53g
- ½ teaspoon dry Thyme 0.53g
- 2-3 lbs Yellow Potatoes more if you wish
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine everything for the rub and if you have any leftover dry rub, place it in the airtight container. Keep it in a dry place, such as a pantry.
- Add Cajun Dry Rub in the large plate, and cover the chicken with dry rub. Pat the rub so it can stick, and place on the other plate or tray, continue until all 4 pieces are done.
- Cover the plate or a tray with plastic wrap/film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven at 400F/200C.
- Grease the bottom of the baking pan with oil or shortening. Place chicken in the baking pan and bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken is golden. The internal temp for chicken thighs and drumsticks is 175F/80C and for chicken Breast 165F/74C.
- If you want an extra crunchy skin, turn the broiler on and let it cook under it for a couple of minutes. Try not to burn it!
- Serve it over roasted potatoes, or mashed potatoes.
- Wash and scrub clean the potatoes, then about 10 minutes into cooking chicken, add quartered potatoes on the side of the chicken.
- If the potatoes are not done by the time chicken is, just take the chicken out and cook potatoes until they are tender or crispy, depending on what you like the best.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I was going through the Spanish cookbook and stumbled across Spanish Chicken, which was cooked slightly different than this one. I love adding my own twists on original recipes. Well, traditional recipes without losing the taste or the sense where that particular dish coming from. With that being…
My version of Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is probably one of my favorite meals. I just love the whole thing; creamy sauce, pease, and the chosen. It is such an easy meal, yet satisfying. Anyhow, I am a visual person and I believe having a video…
Hello lovely people, how are you?
A new Adele’s song is already stuck in my head… Without even knowing the full lyrics, I am just saying hello, hello — singing and I are like oil and water, they just don’t mix. 😀
OK! Let me be honest with you, out of the 30 days or 31, I didn’t have the time to make a dinner for at least 10 days. I was so busy that at the end of the day my Nebbs just grabbed us something quick to satisfy our need for warm food. The good thing is though, that he didn’t try to hunt again and grill –when I say that, I mean, off-grid survival style. Don’t ask me –that man could live in the middle of nowhere and still survive.
School and work schedules sometimes are killing me, and it’s only one of me. I am feeling that some of you are nodding and relating to my situation. It’s a damn hard sometimes, even if we are super parents — I am totally praising myself as a Supermom, and no one will tell me otherwise (LOL!)
Anyhow, a few weekends ago, finally I got myself a slow cooker. I know… Where have I been, right?
I was always telling myself, I will never need it, nope, but, how wrong was I? It saved me 3 days of cooking meals without even spending the time in my kitchen. Between band practice, soccer conditioning, school parties or events, meetings, etc. I was so tired, and lunch/dinner was nowhere to be found, so this slow cooking, dump and forget thingy really saved my life or our dinner… Whatever!:)
Let’s talk ’bout these D-sticks. They are DA BOMB and takes ONLY 3 things. Did I live under the rock? Seriously, the easiest chicken I’ve ever made… Oh, yeah, babe!
My kids lick that stoneware dish clean. I made with it my Whole Wheat IRISH SODA bread (regular soda bread), and boy was that an amazing combo with these drumsticks, steamed rice, and coleslaw?! It was a killer meal.
So let me show you what I did… You really don’t need a brain power to make it, so I hope you will give it a try… I will have some fun sharing the easiest recipes ever. ALSO, at the very bottom of the post, there will be info about the giveaway.
SLOW COOKED BBQ CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
Simple, delicious and easy recipe for slow cooked bbq chicken.
- 8 Skinless Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons Pure Honey
- 1 bottle of BBQ Sauce use your favorite BBQ sauce
- Remove the skin from the chicken drumsticks (if you like the skin, keep it on).
- Place the drumsticks in the Crockpot.
- Mix together honey and BBQ sauce, and pour it over the chicken.
- Mix it, so the chicken could be coated with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or 3 1/2 hours on HIGH.
You can use more chicken if you'd like, as well as use chicken wings if you'd like that option better. If your favorite sauce already contains honey, just omit one that is in the recipe. You can use PORK (pork chops, etc.), instead of the chicken.
Have a wonderful week!!!
Hello, September bugs. Are you ready for some tasty Fried Chicken Wings? I have been working hard these days especially after reviewing several recipe requests. So, I have decided to make videos. Stay tuned for upcoming recipes because you’re going to love them. With Fall…
Simple, delicious, flavorful… Oh, so orgasmic pizza! Can you really ask for more? Let us call this Korean Fusion Pizza… Ye! Does everyone agree? It takes you less than 30 minutes to do this, no dough necessary. Although you can make your dough or use store-bought.…
My Chicken Burgers are easy, tasty and quick. You can create an amazing meal around these burgers. Serve over rice or in a bun.
I wanted to make a step by step instructions for these Chicken Burgers mainly because I did not like the one that I did previously for this recipe.
A fun part was actually eating grilled food. Nobody ever comped about that one, right?
It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon; windy, but sunny and warm, a perfect April day.
The kids were running around, playing soccer, teasing each other and laughter filled my backyard, while my husband, Nebbs, and I were debate arguing who can make better steaks.
Seriously, we girls, cannot win over the damn grill whatsoever. I grabbed my camera after “I” prepared food to be grilled and just took pictures.
Well, I was just a little, itsy-bitsy pissed off, cause his steaks and pork chops were looking and tasting better than mine.
In spite of that, I will admit, men know their way around a grill better than most women.
Nevertheless, in my defense, I was not bad. I would never admit to him that he can grill better than me.
Oh, I would not give him that satisfaction, nor did I feel the need to boost his ego more.
One thing is certain, never stand between your man and a grill, or poker nights with his boys, or remote control.
Also, asking him to ask for directions is like slapping him on the back of the head with a heavy skillet, etc.
The list is really endless. They all act macho, but in reality, they are more emo than us girls when we are pms-ing. Just saying. But all so true!
Look at all these beauties! Just so you know, I made them on my own… Yup! Do you know what makes me the happiest?
If you guessed grill marks, then you are correct. When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill.
They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
Originally, I wanted to name them breakfast chicken burgers.
However, looking from my perspective who eats a few bites for breakfast. Sometimes nothing at all, I could not eat this burger for breakfast even if you try to bribe me.
Products from Amazon.com
So, you can add whatever you like in with your burger. Bacon comes to my mind! I so added those slices of bacon with that chicken patty.
The serving SIZE:
I can easily say this is for two people. If you’re a foodie as well as your partner or a friend, you will eat this pound of grilled chicken in a heartbeat.
However, looking at the portion size, 4 people could be satisfied.
If you make my Chicken burger, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasyooking using hashtag #sandraseasycookin. Thank you in advance!
These chicken burgers are delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic
- 1 Lb. / 453g Ground Chicken
- 2.5-3 teaspoons /12.5-14g Spicy Dry Rub + few pinches more link below in instruction
- 1 tablespoon Parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add ground chicken, spicy rub mixture, chopped parsley, and oil. Mix it with your hand (you can use gloves) or with a spoon until you combine the mixture. Spicy Dry Rub Recipe
- Make patties a size of the bun (with this amount of ground chicken you can make 4 large patties or slightly smaller 5). Sprinkle a dry rub mix a dash or two on each patty. The patties will shrink when they are cooking, but not too much. You can also cook them on the indoor grill or on a lightly greased frying pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on at each side or until safe internal temperature: 170°F (well-done). USDA Safe Minimum 165°F, however, I like chicken at 170°F.
- Place buns on your grill or frying pan to get a bit burnt and crunchy on the inside. Lastly, build your burger.
- If you do not want to make Dry rub mixture, these two brands I've enjoyed for more than a few years: McCormick, Weber; I love their spices and tried so many. Just use/buy what you prefer or like, and of course, what actually is sold in your area. It's supposed to be a blend that you enjoy cooking with.
However, you can always add:
Salt to taste (about 2 tsp.)
2 tsp. Ground black pepper,
1/4 onion, chopped/or shredded
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. Red hot chili flakes,
Other spices: 1 tsp.
Rosemary, thyme, parsley. (If it's fresh, finely chop, and you can add more because dry herbs are more powerful/fragrant than fresh 2 tbsp. Oil A squeeze of lemon juice/about 1 tbsp. Internal temperature: Ground meats are riskier because the contaminated meat surface is broken into small fragments and spread through the mass.
The interior of a raw burger usually does contain bacteria and is safest if cooked well done. I clean my grill GRATES with bacon just before placing a meat for grilling, however, if you DO NOT eat bacon try using Chicken Skin.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 277Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate, but we try our best.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of those dishes that look complicated, but it is very simple to make. I would say it is also perfect for the holiday table or when you have a fancy dinner. Even though it is usually filleted such as chicken…