Hello everyone, I hope your long weekend was fantastic and that you are enjoying summer break. We have been on break since last week and I can’t even believe that I will have a senior, a freshman, and the 6th grader next school year.…
Category: CHICKEN RECIPES
It’s been a while since I posted a real dinner recipe, so I‘ve decided to post this fast and delicious dish that everyone loves. Chicken Fajita Bowl is amazing! Usually, I make cauliflower rice for myself, but the family loves eating rice and beans or just plain rice with Chicken Fajita. To be honest both of my boys strongly dislike cooked peppers and onion so I make…
Salads make such an amazing lunch or dinner. We all love quick and easy lunch like this. I do not like adding a bunch of stuff to my chicken salad so this is as easy as it gets. I love pickles so that is always a must for me.
Actually, my daughter, Anna loves salads like this just as much as me. We could eat for days tuna as well as salmon salad, which is coming soon on my blog, potato salads, and egg salad as well.
Sometimes it scares me how much in common we have with each other. She loves almost everything that I love, except pies. She would rather take a cake over a pie, and I am the opposite. Never come between me and my pie, although as long as a cake does not contain any frosting I am loving it, too.
Anyhow, this was one amazing lunch that we enjoyed very much and we hope you will enjoy it as well.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast cooked
- 1/2-1 Celery rib/stick finely diced
- 6 Kosher Mini Pickles finely diced
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Flakes or Powder You can use 1/4 raw onion as well, just finely dice it
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons Mayonesse I used Mayo with Avocado Oil
- Croissants Toast, Hoagie Rolls, tortilla/wraps etc.
- Lettuce – Boston butter, or any other greens that you prefer
- Shred chicken and run across with a sharp knife to make sure that the chicken is really finely chopped. Dice celery and pickles. If you like sweet relish please add that although I prefer Kosher Mini Pickles.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients, as you can see in my pictures.
- Mix it very well, place in the container with a fitted lid and transfer it to the fridge.
- Allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve it in the sandwiches, lettuce cups, wraps, etc.
Properly stored, the chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. How long can chicken salad be left at room temperature?
Chicken salad should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
You can use baked, roasted, boiled chicken or perhaps store-bought rotisserie chicken or any other on hand or whatever is convenient for you. I like to boil mine with herbs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, carrots, onion, and ginger.
This way I can use that broth in my cooking like stews, soups or similar. You can also use chicken breast on the one and just remove the meat from the bone when it cooked. You can also use a combination of dark and white meat, which always gives you amazing flavor and texture.
Lemon Herb Chicken and Veggies Sheet Pan are a simple and versatile meal. They are simply the best. I will show you two versions of sheet pan dinner. When I have veggies that need to be used or I am leaving town for a few days,…
This easy naan bread pizza comes together in 5 minutes and you can even prep everything ahead, plus it is versatile. I had leftover grilled chicken from the weekend, some tomatoes as well as olives, a bit of red onion and voila.
You can really make it vegetarian, or meat pizza, with sauce or like mine without it, the options are endless.
I love simple and easy meals… I mean, I named my blog”easy cooking” after all, so this fits in the affordable, simple and easy meal category.
If you are a single person, or a college student or you have no idea how to cook, seriously, it is super simple, so let me show you how to do it.
HOW to make chicken from scratch:
- 4 chicken breasts
- A generous sprinkle of salt and ground black pepper on each chicken breast
- A generous sprinkle of Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 tbsp. Herbs (parsley, thyme or rosemary)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice *optional
- Season the chicken well with salt and chicken seasoning, on both sides, then add herbs and pour oil over it, make sure to cover both sides. I like adding lemon juice and/or lemon zest when I have it on hand because it gives this amazingly refreshing aroma and taste as well.
- Allow chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge in the Ziploc bag or in the deeper bowl. Cover the bowl or close the bag and marinade in the fridge.
- Grill chicken on the preheated grill for 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temp. reads 165F.
- Or you could preheat your skillet or saute pan, add oil and cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until completely done.
- If you want the Asian flavor you can just marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes submerged in 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce, 2 tbsp Soy sauce, garlic. green onion and ginger.
- Make sure to place chicken in the fridge to marinade. I love using a large Ziploc bag to marinate chicken. You literally, place chicken in the bag, pour marinade mixture over it, close the bag, shake it a bit and place in the fridge, that’s it!
Easy Naan Bread Pizza
- 1 Naan Bread mine was roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup Cheese shredded (Mozzarella, or Pizza Cheese Blend)
- 1/2 Chicken breast, cooked store-bought or homemade, grilled or pan-fried
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 3 Olives any on hand
- Herbs for garnish Italian herb mix/blend or any on hand to enhance the flavor
- Red chili flakes
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Add cheese on top of Naan bread, then add cooked chicken sliced into cubes, olives, tomatoes.
- Sprinkle some Italian herbs and red chili flakes.
- Bake it for 3 minutes then turn the broiler on high and bake for an additional minute or two, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Slice and eat... Enjoy!
You may bake it in a conventional oven, which cooking time might be less than in my directions. You can use the microwave to make this. It will not be as crunchy, but still just as tasty. You can add any topping that you like; Hawaiian pizza, vegetarian pizza, three meat pizza, etc. possibilities are endless.
Chicken and Mixed Vegetables Stir fry is a simple and easy weeknight dinner, which makes it an excellent weekend meal as well. My family typically seeks for stir-fry ones a week, so since we have so many amazing versatile stir-fry recipes I change vegetables or…
Teriyaki Chicken and Pepper Skewers is a very delicious summer dish that gives you a pleasant explosion of flavors. My family goes crazy over this teriyaki chicken and I am sure that you will, too. I have been making this dish for many, many years…
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one more pasta and chicken recipe that I wanted to share with you guys. Well, nobody is certainly complaining at my house, so shamelessly I have decided to post it.
The most popular protein in my house that we eat repeatedly is chicken, plus pasta is always a hit. I cannot lie!
Last week my dear husband, Shone, took me out on a date. Yes, we do dates even after so many years of being together. I think it keep us connected when we do things together even if it’s a dinner out.
Anyways, to cut the story short, I had this Cajun chicken pasta. Well, I hate eating out simply because it is not economical, and I could make a far better dinner for less money. I hope you agree with me on this one.
Well, as I was saying, I knew that I could make it more tasty at home, even though the dish was quite delicious.
I do not want to offend anyone, nonetheless, but pasta and chicken dishes are kind of my thing, so I have nothing further to discuss.
The next few days I had this pasta or idea marinating in my head. I just had to recreate that meal that we had a few nights before.
Nowadays, it is one of those dishes that you will cook often because it’s truly super easy, inexpensive and so delicious.
Similar recipes that you might like:
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes
- Pasta, Cheese with Chicken and Peas
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
If you make my Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta please let me know by tagging me on facebook or Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtags, #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance, everyone, and Happy Cooking!
Easy and tasty pasta dinner for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning to taste for the chicken about 2 teaspoons, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil for the peppers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for the peppers
- 3-4 different color Bell Peppers sliced into strips
- 1/4 Onion sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon or more Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon dry Parsley
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- Cajun Seasoning: Mix it all together and keep it in the glass jar or container with a lid. It should be used within 6 months.
- Boil water for the spaghetti and add about 1 tablespoon of salt. When it boils add pasta and cook according to the package. Do not overcook it. Drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season it with Cajun Seasoning. About 2 teaspoons for everything, but you may add later some more. Heat the pan or a skillet with oil and cook chicken on a medium-high temperature. Turn after 2-3 minutes and keep turning until it cooks through. The internal temp for the chicken breast is 165F. Place it on the kitchen paper towel until ready to serve. Or you can do cook chicken at the same time as pasta/sauce so it all finishes at the same time.
- On the other side, heat the skillet or a pan with olive oil and butter. Add sliced peppers and onion. Cook it for approximately 10-12 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent from burning. You want peppers to be cooked but not over-cooked, so you are looking that they are still holding a form and have a bit of crunch.
- While the peppers are cooking mix roux by combining whole milk with a tablespoon of flour. Mix until there are no more lumps. Yes, you can technically use whipped cream but milk works fine when you mix it with a bit of flour.
- Add ROUX to the peppers and stir. It will start to come together as soon as you see that the milk is heating through. If it's too thick, then just add a splash of milk and stir, otherwise, continue with the next step which is adding shaved parm cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning to give your sauce extra edge. Stir again. It will start to thicken. You may try the sauce to see if you need a bit more salt or other seasonings.
- Add cooked pasta and mix to coat, then add a bit of dried parsley and more shaved parm cheese if you wish.
- Serve it with the cajun chicken immediately.
You may use gluten-free pasta.
Refreshing chicken and a handful of mixed greens to start this spring season. I must admit that this Thai Chili Grilled Chicken with Salad is absolutely scrumptious. It is finally getting warmer, and I thought what better way to celebrate this beautiful Spring weather than…