Quick recipe for easy shrimp and grits. It is the best and one of my favourite comfort food. It also makes an amazing family dinner idea. When I want to make a quick meal for my family this recipe always comes to the rescue. Well, […]
Search Results: seafood
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; […]
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments.
However, my husband and I loved it in my amazing side dish, Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce.
Goodness! That meal was fitting for a king and a queen. It was so tasty that I wished we had leftovers.
This burger is approachable with accessible ingredients. If you like tuna cakes, then you will love these for sure.
Although, I have to add that the taste is far better than tuna cakes. For instance, there is nothing like using fresh fish like this Alaskan halibut.
I feel a bit spoiled and extremely grateful because I get fresh fish from Alaska every month. Sitka Salmon Shares has been a blessing to me and my family.
We really love fish, but after getting from this monthly subscription, I know what a difference it has made for us.
Sometimes, it is total through back to the ’80s when we would vacation for weeks at the Adriatic Sea.
We would eat freshly caught seafood all the time. Nonetheless, over the years you forget how wild salmon taste or cod.
My family loves going on fishing trips and I really appreciate all the catch that my boys would bring o our tend. However, can you even imagine getting a full box, a bounty of delicious fish every month?
We are talking about three species of wild salmon and four species of whitefish, all seasonally home-delivered to your doorstep through our Community Supported Fishery.
Perhaps Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, pot-caught spot prawns, and more sounds better to you.
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them.
I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
If you make Simple Halibut Burger Recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Instead of regular beef burgers why don't you make a little switch and make this amazingly delicious and I might add Simple Halibut Burger Recipe. You will not regret it because my halibut burgers are not only simple but extremely tasty as well.
- 1 pound halibut burger meat
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- If your halibut burger meat is frozen then defrost first. I like placing mine in the fridge overnight and mix the ingredients in the morning so it could marinate all day in my fridge for the best-tasting burger.
- Prep and measure everything, then combine all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Line a tray, plate or a baking sheet with silicone baking mat, parchment paper or even plastic wrap would work. This will get the burgers off the tray easily.
- Divide the mixture meat into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties. Sometimes I make them a bit smaller; you could get 6 smaller patties or 4 thicker once. 4 patties would make a bit over 4 oz burger patty.
- Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs on both sides then place on the tray/plate. You can use any breadcrumbs on hand; panko, plain, Italian style, etc.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to up to 12 hours. Allowing burgers to marinate in the fridge will help them bind better as well as cook easier, plus the flavor will be that much tastier.
- Turn your stove to medium-high and heat cast-iron skillet or just a frying pan if you do not have a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the patties, in batches, and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes on one side then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other, flip again and let t cook for an additional two to three minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. The patties will feel firmer in the center when done.
- They are great the next day as well, just make sure to refrigerate them.
You may use some dill as well for the fresh burgers. Also, green onions work well with this mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Silicone Baking Mats - Non Stick Sheet Mat - Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets - Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (2)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set - Square Grill Pan with Square Tempered Glass Lid (10.5 Inch)
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or […]
Shrimp Pad Thai, an effortless yet exquisite meal. It’s a shame that a majority of us go for take-out. Just think about how we could make these noodles right at home in less than 30 minutes. I know one thing for sure, this meal will be far healthier. You can use whatever ingredients your heart desires within the making. Well, I have a variety of comfort foods […]
Meals like this are the best. I served everything including this amazing Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon on a couple of wooden boards. It was absolutely incredable and so tasty.
Usually, I make salmon with lemon, olive oil and a generous a month of sea salt and herbs.
However, I am glad that I tested this one because it was very delicious. Of course, as you can see super simple as well.
One of our favorite fish is actually Salmon, or as my youngest one Daniel calls it “pink fish”. I try to make it a few times a month since we all genuinely enjoy eating, plus it is so healthy for us.
The best fresh salmon is Wild Alaskan Salmon. Wild Alaskan salmon is the healthiest salmon available.
The regulated safe fishing practices used to capture the salmon and the wild, natural diet they consume render it healthy for the palate and the environment.
The calorie and fat content in wild salmon is lower compared with farmed salmon.
I would advise you to always ask your butcher if its wild-caught or farm-raised. You may pay a few bucks more but it is so much healthier than farm-raised. Trust me on that one. Plus the taste will be amazing.
I truly hope you all like my Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon as much as we did.
Anyhow, I added my notes below how to smoke fish without a smoker so please do check it out.
If you make Smoked Sun Dried Tomato Salmon or any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
Thank you so much for all your support. Happy Cooking!
Sandra’s Easy Cooking is an Amazon Affiliate. Check my Amazon Store
- 2-4 lbs Salmon fillet with skin deboned
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- If fish is frozen, defrost (Read notes), if not then place fish skin down and add all the ingredients as it goes in the order in the recipe; Rub salt all over fish, even skin. You do not need much salt because we are adding sun-dried tomato pesto and that already has sodium. So about a teaspoon or perhaps a pinch more.
- Now, spoon over the top of the salmon fillet about 3 tablespoonfuls of Sun-Dried tomato pesto, brand of your choice (do not add pesto to the skin, just the top), sprinkle on the top a bit of chopped fresh parsley, but you may use dried as well, just use about 1/2 tbsp instead of 2 tbsp.
- Drizzle olive oil on the top evenly all over the salmon filet and place it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.
- Get the smoker ready (grill or oven works alright as well). Add Cherry pallets, turn the smoker on smoke, and with the lid up, heat it for 4-5 minutes, until the fire is established.
- Place the fish, skin side down on the grill and smoke it for about 25-30 minutes with the lid closed.
- After 25-30 minutes, increase the temperature to 250F and cook Salmon for 30 minutes with the lid closed. Push the tip of the meat thermometer gently into the middle of the salmon fillet at its thickest part and it should read 145 degrees Fahrenheit when fish is done. Take it off the grill and serve.
- I serve this delicious fish with bagels, cream cheese, capers, fresh red onion, pickled red onion, tomatoes, and cucumber. Quick pickled red onions (recipe below) are so delicious and perfect with anything, especially fish.
I used TRAEGER GRILL SMOKER with MESQUITE PALLETS, but you can make it on the regular grill. There are videos to show you how.
Baking it in the oven is the last option and it will not taste bad, just not the same. Maybe adding a couple of drops of liquid smoke to get at least that taste and aroma like fish were smoked.
My Salmon Fillers were slightly sliced into equal parts, not cut through all the way, but if yours is not, you can certainly do that before adding any seasoning or in this case sun-dried tomato pesto for the equal portion-size fillets.
HOW TO DEFROST FROZEN FISH: For quick-thawing, place frozen package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, just until contents are flexible. Once thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate.
GRANDMAS QUICK PICKLED ONIONS
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced (1/4-1/2 lb)
1/2 cup organic apple cider Vinegar
1 cup Warm Water
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
Combine vinegar, water, olive oil and salt in a medium bowl.
Whisk together until salt is completely dissolved.
Place onion in a jar.
Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit at room temperature on the countertop overnight, with the lid but do not close itÂ completely.
Cover jar completely and place it in the refrigerator for at least a day before eating.
Pickled onions will last for a few weeks stored in the refrigerator.
Take them out of the fridge 10 minutes before eating to bring to more room temp.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Shrimp is an amazingly delicious and easy meal. As much as I love creamy pasta, olive oil and garlic is probably my favorite. Add shrimp to it and I am a happy camper for life. The taste is absolutely astonishing, […]
Ahi Tuna Salad is absolutely one delightful meal.
Ahi tuna is velvety smooth in texture, melt in your mouth with a soft.
Delicate with a mild, somewhat meaty flavor served on top of delicious salad lightly seasoned with vinaigrette.
Seriously this was a perfect meal. Anyhow, Valentine’s day is coming. Yes!
If you are in relationship, are you doing anything special or you rather go out with your girlfriends?
That being said, I like staying in and enjoying dinner that we prepare together. Isn’t that more romantic?
So, he cleans the table and I wash dishes. I scratch his back if he scratch mine.
I mean, after being together for 19 years who cares about Valentine’s day anymore as long as he remembers to bring me tiramisu.
Jokes on the side, my hubs is a sweet, sweet man, but not really a romantic type.
Don’t get me wrong, he is thoughtful and knows how to spoil me. We are like fire and water, we balance each other.
Aquarius… by the way, my birthday is in two days. My wish is to sleep longer, have a coffee in bed, and stay in my PJ all day. That’s not bad at all, right?!
Oh, and speaking of Valentine’s day, if you’re planning to surprise somebody with a meal, I think you should definitely go with something like this.
Simply because it is just amazing, healthy, easy and so freaking delicious.
On the other hand, let’s get back to the recipe.
Since the new year started a while ago, I really try to eat more healthy and stay on track.
Like 85% of the food that I eat is really good for our body and mind.
Well, the rest is my love for sweets, snacks and pastry. I just cannot help it. What a heck? Let’s call that a balance.
A I said before, this Ahi Tuna Salad was delightful. With spectacular flavors that linger around your taste buds.
The crunch from the veggies lightly seasoned with the vinaigrette is all you want in one meal.
Oh, and that mandarine is just perfect with tuna and mixed greens. That burst of sweetness is spectacular.
Yes, I call this a meal because you really get full eating it.
If you get inspired and make my Ahi Tuna Salad, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseaycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
This salad was delightful. With spectacular flavors that linger around your taste buds and the crunch from the veggies lightly seasoned with the vinaigrette is all you want in one meal.
- A drizzle of Olive oil
- 1 Ahi Tuna Steak 6 ounces
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 cup Eat Smart Salad, contains: carrots red cabbage, kale, beet greens, broccoli stalks
- 1 Mandarin peeled and separated into sections.
- 1 tbsp Toasted and sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup olive oil EVOO
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 minced or grated garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced herbs
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon honey
- Sprinkle with Sumac
- Fresh Dill
- Lemon slices
- Coat your steak with a combination of salt, ground black pepper, and dried parsley.
- Heat a grill pan or griddle over high heat. Spray grill surface or add a drizzle of olive oil in the pan. Add tuna steak to the hot cooking surface and sear tuna 1 minute on each side.
- Remove tuna from heat and place on a cutting board.
- Mix together a salad. You can use whatever you have on hand. I used a mixture of organic baby spinach with Eat Smart Salad (contains: carrots, red cabbage, kale, beet greens, broccoli stalks) and added mandarine. I used my own toasted and sliced almonds as well as vinaigrette.
- Whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette and set aside. You do not have to use it all, just store in the airtight jar.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Slice tuna on an angle and arrange on the salad. Sprinkle on top any herb, in this case, I had sumac, so I used it. Sumac gives a wonderful taste, lemon slices, and lastly fresh dill.
- If Ahi tuna is frozen, make sure to defrost it. You can leave in the fridge for 24hrs or submerge in the cold water for about 20 minutes.
- When defrosted pat-dry with a paper towel after removing it from the sealed plastic bag. Double or triple the recipe if you are serving more people.
- Ahi tuna serving size is 6 ounces. About Ahi Tuna: Ahi tuna is often used in raw fish dishes in Asian cuisines.
- While it serves as a great source of several nutrients you need for good health, packed with vitamin B, D, the protein content accounts for 50 percent of the daily value of protein, it's also slightly higher in mercury than other types of tuna.
- The Hawaii State Department of Health recommends limiting your servings to twice per month. Ahi is perfect if you're trying to follow a high-protein low-carbohydrate diet.
Today, I have a very special post for you all, as well as Southern Green beans and New Potatoes with Bacon. I cannot stress enough talking about food safety in the kitchen and around your home. It is a huge part of my life that I […]