If you are following a low carb lifestyle, then you probably heard of or made these yummy keto-approved waffles. What are Chaffles-Low Carb Keto Waffles? I know, by the name you would never tell what it is. I have no idea who gave the name. read more
Search for a recipe: keto
Easy, Delicious, Mini Keto Everything Bagels. Let’s just make something clear here… These are not, and I repeat precisely, these are not your traditional bagels. Now that I got that off my chest, let me continue. When I started this Keto lifestyle, I missed nothing read more
You all probably heard about Low Carb KETO Bread, so I just made my version of the same bread.
When carboholic decide to join the low carb club and cannot live without a slice of bread. That would be me. I just had to clean up my act and start the most strict form of carb cleanse because I felt like I was out of control.
Have you heard of Keto Bread? I am almost certain that you all probably heard about it, so I just made my version of the same bread.
You guys know that I was baking a homemade bread almost every single day. If not bread than some kind of rolls, focaccia or flatbread.
I am one of those people that would eat heartily bread with pasta. Yup! Guilty as charged… but that was it! It was a time for me to change.
Well, I am entering my fourth week and I feel freaking fantastic. I lost lots of inches, a nice chunk of weight for a beginner, not too much like some people, but it is going slow and steady which I like the most.
My sleep and energy level drastically improved, I no longer snore, I have far fewer cramps and no headaches. Overall, so far so good!
I know we all have different successes and even failures, some see amazing results in a shorter period of time and for some of us takes time. That’s okay. We are all different and unique.
What can I say? I have never felt better, however, yes, I missed bread the most so I made my own. We tried to experiment for a week with it, and I think this is it. I absolutely love this version.
The first one that I made was too eggy and buttery, so I dropped to six-room temp eggs, added ghee instead of coconut oil, and used a bit of sour cream to make it rise up a bit more.
My family wanted to support me so they join Keto Fun as well. So now, I need one fridge just for bacon and eggs because they literally ate over the weekend my week supply of both.
Also, they sincerely love this bread as well and it was gone for lunch. Like, seriously?! I could eat this bread all week long. LE SIGH!
Anyhow, It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste… Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
I hope you guys like this bread as much we do. With that being said, please, comment and tag me if you make it.
Or just post a pic and tag me so I can re-post. I really want your feedback; good, bad, and ugly! Can’t wait to see your creation. Thanks!!!
P.S. I am affiliated with Amazon so those links below in my recipe form I linked personally. It is not an ad but purposely added a link by me.
I will add things that I used in the past, or that are in the recipe if I can find it on the Amazon website.
It is utterly scrumptious and so tasty! I know this bread is for sure going in the rotation as long as we are on Keto. I might do some updating like adding cheese or herbs.
It tastes like cornbread meets savory pound cake, but way less eggy taste…Hey, it replaces reg bread beautifully, so you can eat it once a day or every other day.
- 200 g Almond Meal Roughly 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Guar Gum or 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 50 g Ghee softened
- 30 g Unsalted Irish Butter room temperature/softened
- 1 tbsp. Whole Sour Cream
- 6 Large Organic Eggs Simple Truth, Cage Free, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Measure everything, mix eggs, and softened ghee and butter.
- Combine one by one, start with almond meal flour, then add baking powder, salt, guar gum or xanthan gum; Mix it then add, butter/ghee, sour cream, and eggs.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper or just lightly grease a nonstick baking loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until it is golden on the top.
- Take it out of the oven and slide on the cooling rack. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and eating.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. Make sure it is in the airtight container or ziplock type of bag
Use Room Temp Eggs. Just leave them on the countertop for 15 minutes or you may drop them in the warm water for 5 minutes to warm up. The bread turns much better.
This post is sponsored by Mission Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
An air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, so I thought to use Mission® Tortillas and create these simple vegetarian air fryer mushroom and cheese taquitos.
Don’t you just love the way these taquitos look?
Not only are you going to love the taste and texture, but they are super easy to prep, plus you will not miss the meat factor at all.
Obviously, these are cooked in an air fryer, however, you can easily use your skillet or bake them in the oven.
Ever since I started my low-carb journey, I began experimenting with different recipes, and I enjoyed making my meals using Mission Foods Carb Balance tortillas. I love that they are keto-friendly, soft, and taste so good! It’s the perfect solution for any picky eaters out there.
If you did not know already, you can find Mission tortillas in the bread or Mexican/multicultural foods aisle at Publix.
I like that they have so many options for anyone’s taste and dietary needs; gluten-free tortillas, protein tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, low carb tortillas, low-calorie tortillas, and smaller street taco-sized tortillas.
Anyway, I thought it would be an excellent substitution for shredded taco chicken if I used King oyster mushrooms. I love mushrooms, so this was very flavorful.
Just in case you are unable to find King oyster mushrooms, I would suggest shiitakes, which are easier to find and less expensive, and just as delicious.
I will love it if you try this recipe. During the Be the Best You promotion going on now through 2/20/21 at Publix, you can get a few packs of Mission Tortillas, whichever you prefer, and create a delicious meal with 55¢ off any one (1) Mission Carb Balance, Protein, Gluten Free or Organic Tortillas 8–20 oz.
Pick up the 1/23 Extra Savings flyer in-store to find out more or access it online here!
If you make Air Fryer Mushroom and Cheese Taquitos or any other recipe, please tag me on instagram @sandraseasycooking. Thank you!
For more meatless recipes please tap here
An air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, so I thought to use Mission Tortillas and create these simple vegetarian air fryer mushrooms and cheese taquitos. They are super simple and tasty, As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
low-calorie tortillas, or smaller street taco-sized tortillas.
An air fryer is one of my favorite kitchen appliances, so I thought to use Mission Tortillas and create these simple vegetarian air fryer mushrooms and cheese taquitos. They are super simple and tasty,
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken fillets or cutlets, mushrooms, garlic or onions, and Marsala wine.
It is an easy yet extremely delicious way to prepare the chicken with incredibly creamy mushroom sauce.
My family and I absolutely adore this dish. Well, what’s not to like. Am I right or am I right?
It is one of those dishes that you can literally eat it with a slice of bread and mop all the goodness or over potatoes, pasta or perhaps rice.
Since we are mostly following low carb diet, as well as gluten-free I served it with low carb wraps and used GF flour to make these.
However, in the recipe, you will find a classic recipe. Yes, you can modify it to support your lifestyle just like I did to support mine.
So, since I fully started cooking, 21 years ago, I made this recipe probably every other week.
I got to tell you that I am a mushroom lover which is the best part of this dish. Needless to say, I could eat them daily.
When I was still eating potatoes regularly, and not only from time to time on my cheat days, I would serve Chicken Marsala over mashed potatoes. Oh, boy! It is so good!
I must admit that if I choose one meal as my last one that would be exactly it; mashed potatoes, creamy mushroom sauce and chicken.
With that being said, I really love many dishes so I cannot be certain that I can pick that one and not anything else.
I could probably fit three dining room tables with my favourite dishes to be my last meal. Haha!
A joke on the side, I really hope you make this one. I know it is a well-known recipe, and many of you probably already made it before.
However, let me gently remind you to make it again.
On the other side, if you have never made this one before, grab your skillet and start making. You won’t be sorry!
It is seriously the most comforting dish ever, and freaking easy as well as delicious.
Also, you could use pork or beef for this recipe, although the cooking time will be different.
Hey, if you get inspired and make this tasty Easy Chicken Marsala, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves, sliced horizontally in half to make 8 cutlets.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Generous pinch of salt and ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour or any other thickening agent + water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley or freshly chopped
- Cut each chicken half in half horizontally. Season it with some salt and pepper on both sides and garlic powder.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan or a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken cutlets until golden-brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. If your skillet/pan is smaller then cook the chicken in batches so the pan is not overcrowded.
- Transfer to a platter and cover with a lid or aluminium foil until ready to use.
- In the same large frying pan or a skillet with grease leftover from the chicken, add more butter.
- When the butter has melted add onion and garlic and stir well, then add sliced mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes until browned.
- Scrap any of the leftover chicken bits off the bottom of the pan while mixing it.
- Pour in the dry marsala wine and the broth. Simmer until reduced by half and starting to thicken, about 10 minutes on low temperature.
- Pour in the cream stir to combine.
- Take 2 tablespoons of flour or any other thicker such as cornstarch and mix with 4 tablespoons of water. Mix until smooth. Add thickener to the sauce and mix well until it starts to get thicker, a few minutes. The sauce will continue getting thick even off heat, just keep that in mind. If you see that it gets too thick stop adding more and you can always add more liquid to make it thinner.
- Return the chicken into the sauce. Add all those chicken drippings as well. Cook until the sauce coat all the chicken, reheated and gets thicker and shiny. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- Other thickeners:
cornstarch, arrowroot, tapioca flour or starch, potato starch.
- Low Carb Roux and thickener for keto sauces:
Rule of thumb for using xanthan gum is 1/8 teaspoon per 1 cup of flour. 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 Tablespoon xanthan gum. Mix and add to the sauces.
- I did not use any flour to fry chicken to show you that you could make this without it, especially if you are on the low carb diet.
- You could use 1/4-1/2 cup all-purpose flour (alternative almond flour or GF flour) and dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off excess before cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.