Sausage and vegetable frittata recipe is my go-to meal when it comes to breakfast or brunch. It is easy for you to make, affordable so you can feed your whole family on a budget and so delicious. Well, sausage and vegetable frittata is a perfect […]
Search Results: FRITTATA
Scallion-Mushroom Frittata is one of my go-to brunches, especially when the kids are going to school. PBJ sandwiches or cereals just do not cut it anymore. Well, they never did. I was more of eggs and bacon gal. With that being said, this kind of breakfast is perfect to […]
This past week was the toughest week that we had in a long time, to say the least. Maybe, because it was a Halloween week. I am very superstitious.
Anyhow, we learn to move on and continue with our lives. One thing that made my day was that I got a beautiful care package from one my follower.
It made me smile and a bit emotional. To even think that sometimes people that you never met in your life could brighten your day, and make it so much better.
My hubs, Nebs is like that. When I am feeling down, he disappears and then brings my favorite treats to
So, before the weekend, my Nebs went to get groceries with the kids and brought home over 10 packs of mushrooms. Different kinds of mushrooms
He was like “What? Mushrooms are healthy?”
Don’t get me wrong, I love mushrooms, and if you have not h
Anyhow, I have been making each day something with them, and I think I might freeze a few packs because to be quite frank, even I can get tired of eating them
One of the dishes that I made was this mushroom frittata. It
Seriously, if you do not have pancetta, Italian bacon made of pork belly, use hickory smoked bacon or turkey bacon, smoked ham, etc.
If you do not eat pork at all, then maybe you can substitute it with grilled chicken, of
WATCH A VIDEO HOW TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE MUSHROOM FRITTATA.If you like my video please give a thumbs up on youtube. THANK YOU!!!
- 1 tbsp. Oil or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Italian Pancetta cubed into small cubes (about 100g)
- 1 lbs. 453g. Baby Bella mushrooms, or any other/sliced
- 2-3 Green onions sliced (reserve a bit for the green part for garnish)
- 2-3 Stems of Fresh Thyme remove leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon or dry. + more for garnish.
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 125ml Low fat Milk
- Salt and Flakes Pinch
- 1/2 cup 118g grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a skillet, until almost smoking point. Add oil.
- Then, add Pancetta. Saute for a few seconds, and add sliced mushrooms.
- Add sliced scallions (green onions), Stir. /Reserve some green part of scallions for garnish.
- Add salt and crushed chili flakes, following fresh or dry thyme.
- Allow mushrooms to cook for about 10-12 minutes on medium-low heat.
- While mushrooms are cooking, mix eggs until they are combined, then pour milk, a pinch of salt, red chili flakes, and Parmesan cheese. Mix the egg miniature with all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms, and let it cook for a couple of minutes on the stove top.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F/200C/ Gas Mark 6.
- Place frittata skillet in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the frittata is golden and starts to puff up.
- Garnish mushroom frittata with those reserved green parts of scallions. Serve immediately!
Dry herbs are always more powerful, so I double or even triple the amount when I use fresh, You can use cheese on tops such as mozzarella, provolone, pizza cheese combo or even Mexican cheese.
Melting cheeses. It always tastes better with some cheese on top. Keep an eye when it is baking. No need to open up the oven, just turn on the lights and peek through. It should be done between 15 and 18 minutes. It will puff up. I like mine to be deeper golden color rather than pale, so just bake depending how you like it.
Products from Amazon.com
Mini Meatless Frittatas are light and extremely. It is important to me that these mini frittata cups fill you up with a nutrition, healthy fats, and proteins. Oh, also just to mention that it’s an easy, warm and comforting breakfast. I am back now and […]
Mother’s Day is just around the corner so I gathered some of my favorite breakfast and brunch recipe ideas and made this tasty roundup. I hope you guys find it helpful and perhaps make something from my list. If you do make it, please tag […]
The wonderful world of casseroles. They are not only tasty, beautiful, nor easy to make, they are so versatile as well.
This golden deliciousness, Breakfast Strata was so simple to make and we all enjoy it very much. I make this often over the weekend.
Sometimes it’s without any bread which makes it more like crustless quiche or frittata, and sometimes I add leftover biscuits from dinner before.
My son, who doesn’t care much for asparagus made his own version, which we all loved. He will go to the University next year, so I have been more persistence regarding him learning things around the house, in particular how to cook more complexed meals.
Don’t get me wrong, he knows how to cook basic meals, clean the house, wash and survive as a young adult, but I feel like he can always learn more.
I know many moms would agree, but I feel like crap just thinking about him leaving the nest… even now, a year away, it feels like part of me will be missing when he goes on his new journey. Goodness! I am getting emotional again.
I need “kids’ going to college support group” soon haha… Seriously, how do you survive it?
Anyhow, I am watching “Eat, Pray, Love” with Julia Roberts, eating cheese crackers, drinking my rooibos hot tea and trying so hard to write something in this post other than “This dish is so delicious” but literally nothing interesting coming in my mind.
So, with that being said, I will just post this recipe and call it a night, haha!
One more thing, This makes an amazing and healthy meal prep for a week. It is fantastic to just mix different ingredients.
You can keep it in the fridge for about 5 days. Make sure to keep it in the safe dish preferably glass or at least BPA FREE.
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Bakeware by XTREMA Cookware… VISIT THEIR WEBSITE HERE
Easy Breakfast Strata
- 10 slices Italian Bread the best of it’s a bit stale, two to three days old
- 8 Large Eggs mixed
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipped Cream or Half and Half
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 10 Asparagus younger, if possible, sliced
- 1/2-3/4 cup Diced Country Ham you can sub with bacon, Canadian bacon, or boar’s head smoked ham
- 1/2 Green Pepper diced
- 1 cup of Shredded Cheese or 6 slices deli cheese (I used smoked gruyere cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large pan saute together asparagus, country ham, and green peppers. Add about 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes at medium-high heat. Stir to saute everything equally.
Mix eggs together, then to the eggs add 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon dry parsley and a pinch of baking soda. Baking soda acts to make eggs puffy and perfect so do not be afraid to add just a pinch. If you don’t have it, that’s fine too. No need to panic. Strata will come out delicious regardless.
To the egg mixture add 1/2 cup heavy whipped cream, or half and half; Mix it again.
- Oil the baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil, you can use butter if you wish.
Line bread in the baking dish and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
Top bread with the veggie and ham mixture. Spread equally. Then pour over mixed eggs and cream mixture.
- Press the bread with the fork or spatula. You can keep it in the fridge overnight, or you can bake it right away.
Add cheese and bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven. You may use any cheese that you prefer. I made this with the Mexican blend, cheddar, and mozzarella, so whatever cheese you use it will be fine.
- You can garnish it with chopped parsley or green onions.
I made this one using two smaller baking pans but the measurements are for one family size Strata, about 8 servings. This makes an amazing meal for a week. You can mix and match vegetables and meat. You can make it vegetarian or for meat lovers.
Sodium: Country ham is already packed with sodium, as well as cheese so you really do not need much.