Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper or […]
Search Results: FISH
You do not need hours of cooking and standing in the kitchen to create one amazing meal. You really do not! That is the whole point of this blog. 99% of my recipes are easy because I do not have hours to stand and cook, even though I cook every single day.
Sometimes, I use shortcuts, meaning store-bought seasonings, cake mixes or taco shells
These tacos were delightful and refreshing. I really loved the idea of sweet and savory salsa, and this one was all that plus more
Tanginess of salsa gave the whole dimension of great flavors that made these tacos taste even better. However, fish… You will want to take the bread and just scoop it with your fingers directly out of the skillet for one big bite
Fish Taco with Peach Salsa
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds 453g-680g of Fish – white fish, tilapia, mahi-mahi, etc.
- 2 tbsp. Taco seasoning
- Generous pinch of Salt and Ground black pepper
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 English cucumber, or 4 mini cucumbers Japanese, etc.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Peach less ripe
- 2-3 Scallions
- Handful cilantro Italian flat leaf parsley could be used instead
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chili Flakes *optional
- Soft or Hard Tortilla Corn Shells
- If the fish is frozen, defrost it.
- Place the fish in a bowl or a pan, then add taco seasoning, and just massage it for a couple of seconds, then add salt and pepper, lime juice and a drizzle of Olive Oil.
- Again, massage the fish with all the seasoning to coat it. Leave the fish to marinate for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, preheat the skillet, or frying pan, add Oil to almost smoking point.
Add fish, a few pieces at the time and cook until the fish is cooked through, 145F (62.8C). If it starts to stick to the bottom or rip, it’s alright, we are going to shred it anyway. Don’t over-crowd the pan, so cook a couple at the time, depending on the size of your pieces. Place on the plate until everything is cooked. Then place the fish back in the skillet, and lightly shred. Now, it’s the best time to taste it and see if you need more seasoning, salt or taco seasoning if you like the stronger flavor.
- Build your taco however you like.
- Dice all the vegetables and fruit.
- Toss it together, and add lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add finely chopped cilantro or parsley, but also take the leaves off and roughly rip with your hands and toss with the salad.
- I used 1 lime, but if you like it more citrusy, add more.
You can use soft small tortillas or hard corn taco shells. If you do not have peach, a good substitute is one mango or even a cup of chopped pineapple. You want the sweetness that you can achieve with fruit.
Quick recipe for easy shrimp and grits. It is the best and one of my favourite comfort food. It also makes an amazing family dinner idea. When I want to make a quick meal for my family this recipe always comes to the rescue. Well, […]
If you love salmon than you will love this tasty and quite easy Salmon Wellington aka salmon fillet wrapped with puff pastry. I think this is the fanciest dish that I made in a long time, but it is ridiculously simple. Well, I could not […]
I love Air Fryer Bone-in Ribeye Steak. To be honest, I have no idea how did I ever live this long without an air-fryer.
It is the best invention, and I am in love with it ever since we got it. We made so many amazing and delicious things in it, and now we tackled steak.
We were quite impressed with how tender the steak was and flavorful as well. It is rather hard to make a steak taste as good as when you make it on the grill, but it was fantastic.
Of course, ultimately the final result would depend on the steak and the brand of air fryer as well.
My air fryer is not the best of the best, but still, after testing several times, my steaks were coming out phenomenally.
I would totally recommend you to try it. You could marinate it overnight in the fridge, however, I wanted just to use simple salt, pepper, herbs, and butter.
If you like using your steak seasoning, go ahead and use it, but you could just literally use salt and pepper. Butter is kind of mandatory so you must add some tasty butter.
My husband was not a big fan of steaks, but now he is so I did something right. I made this for our lunch while kids were still in school and he wanted to eat half of mine.
I do not share my steak so no, he did not get to have my reminding half. Haha… Jokes on the side, you guys must try it.
When you are looking for a good steak I ould recommend or suggest ribeye, which is fattier and more evenly marbled than sirloin. Also, it has a mellower flavor.
It is more expensive than sirloin, which is less fatty, and lightly tougher. However, it tends to be sort of beefier in flavor, but it is cheaper
You might also like:
If you make Air Fryer Bone-in Ribeye Steak, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using the hashtag, #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!!!
Easy and tasty steak recipe made in the air fryer
- 2-3 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley (dried works well too)
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (1.5-2 lb.) bone-in ribeye, preferably 1.5 inches in thickness
- Generous pinch of Kosher salt on both sides
- Freshly ground black pepper for both sides
- In a small bowl, combine butter and herbs. Cover and refrigerate until hardened, about 15 minutes. You could make it prettier and roll in wax paper or plastic wrap to make a log.
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place steak in the air fryer basket and cook at 375° for 12 to 16 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak and how rare or done you wish you steak to be, flipping halfway through. I prefer medium-rare, so I flip mine at 7 minutes and do another 7 minutes on the other side. My husband likes very well done, so I flip his at 8 to even 9 minute- point, depending on the thickness.
- Top steak with a slice or two of herb butter to serve. Serve with vegetables or salad.
Steak internal temperature guide:
125°-130° F for Rare
130°-140° F for Medium-Rare
140°-150° F for Medium
150°-155° F for Medium-Well
160°+ F for Well-Done
Depending on your air fryer model and size of the steaks, the results might vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OMORC 6 quart Air Fryer, Air Fryers, 1800W Fast Large Hot Air Fryers & Oilless Cooker w/Presets, LED Touchscreen(for Wet Finger)/Roast/Bake/Keep Warm, Dishwasher Safe, Nonstick,2-Year Warranty(ME122)
- Ninja OP401 Foodi 8-Quart Pressure, Steamer, Air Fryer All-in- All-in-One Multi-Cooker, Black/Gray
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer, One Size, Silver
Smoked Salmon Goat Cheese Appetizers are perfect bites to serve over joyous holidays. However, in my humble opinion, these are divine perfection all year round. Sometimes, instead of these rather gourmet crackers, I would serve it with toasted bruschetta. It is just so fancy, yet […]
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; […]
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday.
If you are like my family then you start making plans for BBQ cookout for Labor Day weekend weeks ahead. It is a long weekend so at least 2 days worth of tasty leftovers.
I wish you all safe, and tasty Labor day!
MEAT, FISH, AND POULTRY:
Collection of tasty meat, fish and poultry recipes from my blog!
Can you really start BBQ season without making some amazingly delicious, and finger-licking Smoked St. Louis Style Ribs? I think not.
These ribs are so tasty we have been making them on repeat for our meal prep because they hold so good o the fridge so well for a week.
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
Who loves Salmon? I simply love it especially made this way. However, I am not picky at all. When it comes down to this delicious fish, I could eat it pretty much any possible way prepared.
These Chicken Fajita Skewers are fresh, tasty, healthy, colorful, and the ultimate summer grilled food that everyone loves.
When I flipped those burgers and saw it, I was breaking a happy dance around the grill. They were delightful, flavorful and in another word orgasmic. I hope you make them soon, too.
I love burgers and I absolutely love my homemade beef burgers. They are really easy, perfectly seasoned and extremely tasty.
We grill a lot and these are always a hit with everyone along with my pita bread. Not to brag or anything, but I am kind of known around here for my homemade bread.
Easy, delicious and a perfect grilled food if you wish to skip grilled meat.
BREAD AND SANDWICHES:
My absolute favorite bread from my blog.
Refreshing, healthy and easy salad recipes that you guys going to love.
We all have a bit of sweet tooth. These dessert or sweet treats are perfect after savory grilled food to share with your loved ones.
If you make any of my Tasty Labor Day Recipes, please tag me on INSTAGRAM @SANDRASEASYCOOKING. Use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could share it with others. Thank you so much for your love and support… I wish you a wonderful holiday!
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting. My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. […]