Much like a cottage or shepherd’s pie, my easy fisherman pie recipe is one amazing meal that you must try. What is the difference you ask? Well, this easy fisherman pie recipe is made with fish instead. We absolutely love this for our Friday supper […]
Search Results: FISH
You do not need hours of cooking and standing in the kitchen to create one amazing meal. You really do not! That is the whole point of this blog. 99% of my recipes are easy because I do not have hours to stand and cook, even though I cook every single day.
Sometimes, I use shortcuts, meaning store-bought seasonings, cake mixes or taco shells
These tacos were delightful and refreshing. I really loved the idea of sweet and savory salsa, and this one was all that plus more
Tanginess of salsa gave the whole dimension of great flavors that made these tacos taste even better. However, fish… You will want to take the bread and just scoop it with your fingers directly out of the skillet for one big bite
Fish Taco with Peach Salsa
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds 453g-680g of Fish – white fish, tilapia, mahi-mahi, etc.
- 2 tbsp. Taco seasoning
- Generous pinch of Salt and Ground black pepper
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 English cucumber, or 4 mini cucumbers Japanese, etc.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 Peach less ripe
- 2-3 Scallions
- Handful cilantro Italian flat leaf parsley could be used instead
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chili Flakes *optional
- Soft or Hard Tortilla Corn Shells
- If the fish is frozen, defrost it.
- Place the fish in a bowl or a pan, then add taco seasoning, and just massage it for a couple of seconds, then add salt and pepper, lime juice and a drizzle of Olive Oil.
- Again, massage the fish with all the seasoning to coat it. Leave the fish to marinate for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, preheat the skillet, or frying pan, add Oil to almost smoking point.
Add fish, a few pieces at the time and cook until the fish is cooked through, 145F (62.8C). If it starts to stick to the bottom or rip, it’s alright, we are going to shred it anyway. Don’t over-crowd the pan, so cook a couple at the time, depending on the size of your pieces. Place on the plate until everything is cooked. Then place the fish back in the skillet, and lightly shred. Now, it’s the best time to taste it and see if you need more seasoning, salt or taco seasoning if you like the stronger flavor.
- Build your taco however you like.
- Dice all the vegetables and fruit.
- Toss it together, and add lime juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add finely chopped cilantro or parsley, but also take the leaves off and roughly rip with your hands and toss with the salad.
- I used 1 lime, but if you like it more citrusy, add more.
You can use soft small tortillas or hard corn taco shells. If you do not have peach, a good substitute is one mango or even a cup of chopped pineapple. You want the sweetness that you can achieve with fruit.
Salmon and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner is the best. Not only that you can mix and match vegetables, but it is all year round kind of meal. Don’t you agree? One of our favorite fish is salmon. We just love salmon made any way possible; […]
These Tasty Labor Day Recipes that I have picked for you guys are easy, delicious, affordable and approachable. You can make them any time you want not just over Labor Day and 4th of July, or any other holiday. If you are like my family […]
Simple Halibut Burger Recipe is a must-try. I believe that this is one of the best burgers I have ever made. It is so juicy, tasty and just enchanting.
My kids had these as a traditional burger in a bun, with pickles, tomato, and condiments. However, my husband and I loved it in my amazing side dish, Yellow Rice with Peppers and Tomato Sauce.
Goodness! That meal was fitting for a king and a queen. It was so tasty that I wished we had leftovers.
This burger is approachable with accessible ingredients. If you like tuna cakes, then you will love these for sure. Although, I have to add that the taste is far better than tuna cakes. For instance, there is nothing like using fresh fish like this Alaskan halibut.
I feel a bit spoiled and extremely grateful because I get fresh fish from Alaska every month. Sitka Salmon Shares has been a blessing to me and my family. We really love fish, but after getting from this monthly subscription, I know what a difference it has made for us.
Sometimes, it is total through back to the ’80s when we would vacation for weeks at the Adriatic Sea. We would eat freshly caught seafood all the time. Nonetheless, over the years you forget how wild salmon taste or cod.
My family loves going on fishing trips and I really appreciate all the catch that my boys would bring o our tend. However, can you even imagine getting a full box, a bounty of delicious fish every month?
We are talking about three species of wild salmon and four species of whitefish, all seasonally home-delivered to your doorstep through our Community Supported Fishery. Perhaps Wild Alaskan sockeye salmon, pot-caught spot prawns, and more sounds better to you?
Check it out here:
Now, let us talk about fish. I got my fish from Sitka Salmon Shares, but allow me to tell you a bit more about them. I believe in this company, and I love what they are doing.
Fish is without a doubt the best one that I had in a long time. You will not be disappointed, plus the fish comes to your fantastic doorstep but read more about Sitka Salmon Shares below.
SITKA SALMON SHARES IS:
Wild: Wild-caught from the pristine waters of Southeast Alaska
Community-based: Sourced from traditional fishing communities. Supported by a Midwest community of conscious consumers.
Premium: Harvested and hand-processed individually. lash-frozen at the peak of freshness to ensure the highest quality, guaranteed.
Sustainable: Harvested using hook-and-line methods to minimize negative ecological impact.
Traceable: The only fully-integrated Midwest CSF. 100% traceability from boat to doorstep.
Just: Owned by a collective of carefully selected small-scale family fishermen, all of whom retain 20-30% more of the retail value or their harvest.
Convenient: Home delivered directly to your door, with recipes, newsletters, and more
Conscious: Carbon offsets purchased and 1% of revenue donated back to the wild.
If you make Simple Halibut Burger Recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtags #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much!
Instead of regular beef burgers why don't you make a little switch and make this amazingly delicious and I might add Simple Halibut Burger Recipe. You will not regret it because my halibut burgers are not only simple but extremely tasty as well.
- 1 pound halibut burger meat
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, plus 3 tablespoons extra
- If your halibut burger meat is frozen then defrost first. I like placing mine in the fridge overnight and mix the ingredients in the morning so it could marinate all day in my fridge for the best-tasting burger.
- Prep and measure everything, then combine all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Line a tray, plate or a baking sheet with silicone baking mat, parchment paper or even plastic wrap would work. This will get the burgers off the tray easily.
- Divide the mixture meat into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties. Sometimes I make them a bit smaller; you could get 6 smaller patties or 4 thicker once. 4 patties would make a bit over 4 oz burger patty.
- Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs on both sides then place on the tray/plate. You can use any breadcrumbs on hand; panko, plain, Italian style, etc.
- Now, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to up to 12 hours. Allowing burgers to marinate in the fridge will help them bind better as well as cook easier, plus the flavor will be that much tastier.
- Turn your stove to medium-high and heat cast-iron skillet or just a frying pan if you do not have a cast-iron skillet.
- Add the patties, in batches, and cook until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes on one side then flip and cook 3 minutes on the other, flip again and let t cook for an additional two to three minutes, adjusting the heat if necessary. The patties will feel firmer in the center when done.
- They are great the next day as well, just make sure to refrigerate them.
You may use some dill as well for the fresh burgers. Also, green onions work well with this mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Juvale Parchment Paper Sheets - 200-Count Precut Unbleached Parchment Paper for Baking, Half Sheet Pans, Non-Stick Baking Sheet Paper, Brown, 12 x 16 Inches
- Silicone Baking Mats - Non Stick Sheet Mat - Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets - Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (2)
- Anchor Hocking Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware Set - Square Grill Pan with Square Tempered Glass Lid (10.5 Inch)
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
This tasty and easy tuna pizza is amazing all year round. You may make your own dough, use store-bought or perhaps tortilla. Whatever you choose it is absolutely amazing. With this recipe, I am entering Tonnino Tuna Recipe Challange. After debating for a few weeks […]
Easy Lyonnaise Potatoes are such a comfort food to me. Ever since I was little, I loved the combination of potatoes and onions sauteed in butter. I do not think there is a better side dish to compliment pretty much any meat, fish. It goes […]
My delicious Cucumber-Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese Salad. Who does not appreciate a hearty salad?
Needless to say, we eat classic salads all year round, naturally depending on the season, of course.
However, with all the ingredients convenient even during the winter season, we are able now to eat this salad any time we want
I know very well the taste is not the same. After all, freshly harvested fruit and vegetables are indeed the best eaten in season.
However, for the gracious sake of your cravings, we can most certainly eat delicious salads like this 365 days a year.
Above all, Cucumber, Tomato, and Mozzarella Cheese Salad undoubtedly my absolute favorite summer food. We probably eat this on a daily base during hot summer days.
So next time when you have a family gathering or just grilling time, make this salad. I am sure that y
As I said below, you can add other ingredients and make it your own depending on the season.
You might like these salad recipes:
- Heirloom Tomato Feta Salad
- Fruit Salad with Citrus Maple Dressing
- Colorful Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- Vegetarian Pasta Salad
If you make my Cucumber-Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese Salad please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see your creation and share it with everyone else
Easy. healthy and tasty salad recipe.
- 2 Medium Tomatoes on the Vine, sliced
- 1 cup Snacking Tomatoes, orange, but sweet golden would work as well or multicolored
- 1 Organic English Cucumber, diced
- 6 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, cubed or Fresh Mozzarella Pearl Cheese
- 3 Organic Green Onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced tomatoes, diced cucumber, chopped green onions.
- For the simple vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and herbs such as oregano or parsley. Pour over salad; toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- This is a perfect salad with anything grilled or with fish.
You may add avocado or red onions in this salad It is very delicious. Also, if you by any chance do not have any mozzarella but Feta is in your fridge, use it. It is so tasty in this salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4-Piece Mixnbowl Set
- Utopia Towels 12 Pack Kitchen Towels 15 x 25 inch Cotton Dish Towels, Tea Towels and bar Towels
- Vremi 5-Piece Bamboo Kitchen Utensil Set - Wooden Spoons and Cooking Utensils with Colorful SIlicone Handles - Nonstick Spatula Turner Mixing Forked and Slotted Wood Spoons with BPA Free Hanging Holes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 Total Fat: 14.7g Saturated Fat: 5.6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 251mg Carbohydrates: 8.6g Fiber: 1.8g Sugar: 3.8g Protein: 8.9g
An easy and delicious recipe for Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs with sauteed cabbage. This was so delicious and totally unexpected. The demand for air fryer recipes is truly overwhelming, so I have decided to start testing recipes for my blog and this is the […]