I might be a bit late in the Turmeric Golden Milk posting game, but I have been drinking this one for a few years now.
Well, I must humbly confess, I do not drink it very often. Nevertheless, when I feel sluggish or need some extra boost, this beverage truly works its magic.
This Indian native warm and cozy beverage is full of marvelous health properties or nutritional benefits to heal your body and soul.
I would recommend one mug before going to bed for the peaceful, anxiety-free, goodnight sleep.
The taste is strong, but not as spicy as you would perhaps expect. It is remarkably relaxing!
With the freezing winter nearing, and in many states and countries already here, this golden tea is a necessity.
To me personally, there is nothing more calming than a cup of hot tea, blanket wrapped around me while I read a good book. Though it may seem strange, that would be my ideal evening.
I collect delicious teas so making my blend is a valuable blessing to me. Naturally, you could mix it to your liking.
Some might find it too strong therefore add slightly less of this and a bit more of that until you achieve what your taste buds like the most.
Why should you drink Golden Milk?
Well, first of all, Golden milk’s ingredients, which are ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric, contain anti-inflammatory properties. So it is absolutely amazing for you.
Also, you must add black pepper. Turmeric combined with black pepper, each has health benefits, due to the compounds curcumin and piperine, increases the absorption of curcumin by up to 2000%.
Supporting brain function and improving memory Supporting brain function and improving memory
- Improving mood
- Preventing heart disease
- Protects against oxidative damage and sleep deprivation
- Lowering blood sugar levels
- Boosting the immune system
- Aiding digestion
You might also like:
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Almond Milk Matcha-Moringa Iced Latte
- Yuanyang – Coffee & Tea Latte
- Java Chai Latte
If you get inspired and make this amazing Turmeric Golden Milk, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking.
Thank you so much in advance!
Healthy, easy and tasty Turmeric Golden Milk Recipe
- 2 cups milk coconut milk, or any other dairy/dairy-free milk that fits you the best.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoons cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoons ginger powder
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Raw honey or maple syrup to taste
- Additional sweetener if needed; Monk Fruit sweetener, Truvia or use reg. sugar.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, add coconut oil.
- Heat for about 5 minutes over medium-low burner temp., or until just heated through, while adding and stirring in dry ingredients. Incorporate it and keep stirring until smooth in texture.
- Make sure not to boil, just slowly simmer until it releases the aroma.
- Pour into mugs and drink immediately.
Alternatively, you can heat the milk, place everything in heat resistant jar with a fitted lid and mix it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Carote 6.3 Inch/1 Quart Milk Saucepan PFOA Free Stone-Derived Non-Stick Coating From Switzerland, Bakelite Handle With Wood Effect (Soft Touch) With Lid, Suitable For All Stove Including Induction
- TUR LATTE - USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED GOLDEN MILK POWDER WITH CEYLON CINNAMON - Turmeric Latte Mix - Golden Milk Tea - Anti-Inflammatory, Non-GMO, Vegan, Gluten-free, Unsweetened (45 servings)
- 365 Everyday Value, Ground Turmeric, 1.66 oz
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, 1:1 Sugar Substitute, Keto, Non-GMO (Classic White - 8.29 Ounces)