Sausage and vegetable frittata recipe is my go-to meal when it comes to breakfast or brunch. It is easy for you to make, affordable so you can feed your whole family on a budget and so delicious.
Well, sausage and vegetable frittata is a perfect startup a recipe for anyone to begin cooking. It is also versatile, but frittatas are versatile in general.
Anyhow, my family is obsessed with frittatas. Sometimes I make them in cupcake or muffin tin. With that being said, if you make them that way it is just great if you are struggling with portion control.
I shared my amazing recipe for savory frittata cups. We all need one more frittata recipe, right? Click here for the recipe.
So, if you do not know what is Frittata, well it is actually an Italian version of Omellete. You would usually fold omelet in half and all the cheese and filling would be in the middle.
Personally, to me, a frittata is more of crustless quiche, but correct me if I am wrong or way off. Hey, regardless, they are so delicious and amazing to make any time of the day.
I know one thing, this kind of simple meal saved me so many times on days when I am busy. We always have ingredients to make a couple of frittatas for my whole family.
If you make this recipe or if I inspire you to make any of my recipes please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking.
To me, it’s all about sharing food so I would love to share at least a picture of your creation with others. Thank you in advance!
Now, let us make this easy, tasty and amazing frittata. What do you say? Let me know in the comments what kind of dishes are your go-to meals?
I really hope you like this tasty Sausage and Vegetable Frittata Recipe.
When it comes to breakfast or brunch Frittata is my go-to meal. It's easy for you to make, affordable so you can feed your whole family on a budget and so delicious.
- 4-6 large eggs, mixed
- 1/2 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted Butter
- 1/4 pound Italian Sausage, sauteed (casing removed)
- 2 Scallions, chopped, reserve some of the green parts for garnish
- 4 Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Green Pepper, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Heavy Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat a skillet, until almost smoking point then drizzle a bit of oil coating the bottom of the frying pan or a skillet.
- If the sausage is in casting, remove it and add the sausage into the skillet. Break it into small pieces and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes on medium high. Remove the sausage from the skillet and onto a plate.
- In the skillet add butter, allow it to melt then add chopped green onions, saute for a few seconds, and add sliced mushrooms as well as green pepper.
- Allow it to cook for about 2-3 minutes on medium-high heat then put the cooked sausage back to the skillet and mix it all together. Season it with a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Stir well to coat.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs until they are combined, then add heavy whipped cream and just a pinch of salt. Mix it well until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the sausage mixture, and let it cook for a couple of minutes on the stove top.
- You may flip it on the other side and add cheese, OR preheat a broiler on high and cook under broiler for about 30-40 seconds. Make sure 1. That you have Oven SAFE skillet or frying pan. 2. Watch it so the frittata does not burn because it is under the broiler and it will bake fast.
- After 30-40 seconds, take the frittata out and add cheese. Put it back in the oven again for another 30-40 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
- Take it out of the oven when the cheese is bubbly and completely melted.
- Garnish frittata with those reserved green parts of scallions and serve hot and immediately!
- You may use milk instead of whipped cream.
- you can use ground beef instead of Italian sausage.
- If you dislike mushrooms please omit. You may use whatever you wish in the frittata.
- Provolone cheese or mild cheddar might work well in the frittata.
- Use as many eggs as you can eat. I usually go by two per person but that all depends. I like adding one extra because my husband or my boys love eggs.
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, Pre-Seasoned and Ready for Stove Top or Oven Use, 10.25", Black
- Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron 5 Piece Bundle. 10.5” Griddle, 8” Skillet, 10.25” Skillet, 10.25” Dutch Oven, and 10.25” Lid
- Wake and bake, crazy baking lady T shirt mixing bowl
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.