Who does not like an easy, flavorful and comforting meal, especially something like this Bacon and Kale Soup?
I make this bacon and kale soup pretty often. Sometimes I add bacon and sausage, and sometimes just sausage
My family loves it at least a couple of times a month and it is enjoyed all year round.
Bacon goes so well with kale. I love adding it to my cabbage soup as well as green bean stew
I trully hope you make this soup and enjoy as much as we do. Thanks so much for all your support.
You may check my Amazon Store. As some of you know that I am an Amazon affiliate. I add my favorite items as well as products that I see on Amazon sale all the time. So do follow me there if you are part of Amazon Family. Thank you!
Without further ado please check my recipe. You can print it too. If you make it do not hesitate to let me know. Of course, you may share your creations with me on Instagram. I will reshare your masterpieces with my audience.
Easy and delicious kale soup full of flavor.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices of Smoked Bacon, sliced into smaller pieces
- 1/4 Onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 medium Carrots, diced
- 1 Celery Rib, diced
- 4 cups of Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Water
- 4 handfuls Fresh Kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 1 pound Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat oil then add bacon pieces; saute for a minute or two then add in onion and garlic, keep stirring.
- Add carrots and celery. Saute for five minutes, until onion is almost see through.
- Add kale, then bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and water, then season with salt, pepper, ginger.
- Cook for additional 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve hot!
At step number 2. you may add smoked sausages. Slice into equal bite-size pieces and add to the pot. Stir well to coat and saute again for a minute.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 1105mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 7g