All Purpose Dough Recipe included with Spiral Twist Bread Rolls
I just love baking homemade bread. So many amazing bread recipes that we can make with different shapes just like these tasty spiral twist bread rolls.
I find it relaxing when I am under stress. However, if I am happy, I would dance while kneading my dough with blasting music from my Bluetooth speaker.
It is most certainly win-win situation whether if you are happy or sad.
I do not know about you, but I actually love kneading the dough with my hands. I just love the feeling of kneading it and playing at the same time.
Well, I got to tell you, it can be quite soothing. Try it sometimes if you are up for a challenge.
Down in the recipe card, I included my go-to dough recipe. It is All -purpose, meaning you can make bread, rolls, cinnamon rolls as well as pizza with this dough.
It cannot be any more multi-purpose than that, right?! Also, sometimes I add milk and sometimes I do not. I feel like the
My kids just loved making sandwiches with these beauties. They are absolutely perfect to take to school or work
- 1/2 cup lukewarm Water
- 1 cup lukewarm Whole Milk
- 1 package Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 large Egg, beaten, PLUS 1 egg for brushing
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour, plus for dusting
- 3/4 tablespoon Salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, stir together the water, milk, sugar, and dry yeast. Let stand for approximately 10 minutes, or until the yeast starts to bubble. Add in the egg and stir to combine well.
- Add in the salt and mix with the flour. Keep adding flour a bit at the time, still stirring until absorbed. Then, with the mixer on low speed, gradually add in the remaining flour until combined. Increase speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic about 5 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place inside a greased mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size, about one hour and a half to two hours. Keep it the warmer area such as microwave or turned off oven.
- Punch the dough down. Now the dough is ready to be shaped and used as you wish. You can make bread, differently shaped rolls, pizza or dinner rolls with this all-purpose dough. This amount of dough makes 5 rolls at 90 grams each or 8 smaller ones at 56 grams, 1 pizza, 1 bread loaf. It usually weights just a bit over 1 pound of dough. Double the amount if you wish to make more rolls.
Spiral Twist Bread Rolls
- Measure the amount of dough then calculate how many you wish to make. I had 2 pounds of dough, which is double the amount of ingredients up there. I made 10 rolls for sandwiches.
- Cut each roll into two equal parts, then roll both into the long ropes, about 8 inches long.
- Connect the top and pinch, then twist and pinch the bottom of the twist. Now, make the spiral by twirling it from the right to the left and twirl inside. At the very end, pinch from the underneath to hide it. You are left with a beautiful looking twist roll. Looks almost like a flower.
- Allow them to rise for at least 45 minutes. It would be best if you allow them to rise for 60 minutes just to almost double in size.
- Mix one egg with a pinch of salt (salt will help egg wash to be less stringy when you applying). Brush on each roll egg wash.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C).
- Bake the rolls for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven, or until the rolls are golden brown and lighter when you pick them up.
- Allow them to cool down for at least 15 minutes before eating. Make sure to cover them with the cotton towel to allow them to get soft and even tastier.
This amount of dough makes 5 rolls at 90 grams each, or 8 smaller ones at 56 grams. It makes 1 pizza or 1 bread loaf.
It usually weights just a bit over 1 pound of dough. Double the amount if you wish to make more rolls.
You can do all the kneading with your hands just like I did. It takes a bit of arm and hand workout but it is doable. Knead for about 10 minutes until the dough is elastic and not as sticky.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198 g per serving Total Fat: 4.53g Trans Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 93.95g Fiber: 3.5g Sugar: 7.5g Protein: 14.8g