Toast Pizza Roll
This Toast Pizza Roll makes one amazing party food. It is one extraordinary and easy finger food that most people, especially kids love.
My family loves watching football as well as other sports, so we make a small party with delicious finger foods when we watch it.
As a result, this pizza was born after I was searching for easy finger foods. I cannot claim full credit for creating this idea, but I used my own method.
In a way brainstormed how I will make this my own.
We all see recipes all over the web, then there are glossy magazines full of recipes, as well as tv shows. However, I always try to recreate it and make my own version with ingredients that I have in my fridge or pantry.
With that being said, that’s why I constantly encourage you to use what you have or like. Just with this recipe, I know that many people do not consume pork.
I am one of those people that didn’t grow up with pepperoni. We had other types of hard salami. That’s why I said you can find something else instead to use in this recipe.
If you make them, please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and make sure to use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I could see your delicious creations.
I am affiliated with Amazon.
I started to add items to my Amazon store of things that I have used in the past. It is a slow process, but it’s fun and interesting.
Toast Pizza Roll
- 12 Toast Slices
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter divided
- 1 1/2 Italian Cheese Blend or just mozzarella
- 6-8 Slices Large Pepperoni turkey pepperoni if you prefer
- 6-8 Slices Large Genoa Salami any cold cut salami on hand
- 4-6 Slices Ham smoked chicken if you’re not eating ham
- 1-2 tbsp Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Italian Herb Mix
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder not with salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Take the toast out of the bag and place onto a large plastic film (wrap)
Melt unsalted butter and brush on about 1 tablespoon of melted butter on all the toasts. Just a few strokes especially around the edges of the toast to connect better.
- Connect the toast by placing a 1/4 on the each on each other. As seen on the pic. Take the rolling pin and flatten the toast completely from one end to the other and all sides.
- Add half of the shredded cheese, then place cold cut salami. You may use one or more, like me. You can even make it without any meat just use more cheese.
- On the salami evenly spread marinara sauce, then add the rest of the cheese.
- Using plastic wrap as a guide, roll the toast and wrap the whole toast roll with the plastic film or a wrap.
- Add Italian herb mix to the melted butter, mix then brush all over the roll. If you need to use more butter, just melt some more.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 400F, then turn the broiler ON and bake under the broiler until golden brown, less than a minute.
Baking time wary on the type of oven you have. Check the roll around 15 minutes of baking just to make sure. You may use any type of salami or cheese. I loved using Italian blend because it got many different types of cheese, however, I made it before with cheddar, and sometimes with mozzarella only.