Simple, delicious and low-carb meal.
When it comes to easy meals this one could not be easier. It does take a bit more time to complete it, but nothing hard at all. I promise!
My family actually really enjoyed eating this meal. It is low carb, they did make a little fun of me because it seems that I can’t stop taking about Keto diet.
Jokes on the side, I loved preparing this one so much. I could never think that the spaghetti squash tasted this good.
I mean, it is a squash and I was never a huge fan of it until I tried this one, and unless it is drizzled with some maple syrup and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
I am talking about regular squash like butternut, but this one is savory and absolutely delightful.
My friend, Andrea, of @nashvillemade on Instagram, told me to slice it this way and I never looked back again.
I know that many people slicing it in half and you can do that but the roasting time takes far more time and this way looks more like portion size and cooks faster.
If you guys like this idea and make it, please share it with me and my readers. Tag me on Facebook or Instagram @sandraseasycooking and of course, use hashtag #sandraseasycooking. I would love to see your creations.
Ground Beef Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - Low Carb
- 1 Medium Size Spaghetti Squash
- Generous Pinch of Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Organic Ghee
- 1 pack Tennessee Pride Country Sausage No casting
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 Oz Cheddar Cheese (Per Squash Circle)
- 1 oz Swiss Cheese, or any other on hand (Per Squash Circle)
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper or to taste
- 1 Red Pepper sauteed
- 2 cup Broccoli Florets blanched or sauteed
- Salt and Pepper to taste*
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Heat the whole Spaghetti Squash in the microwave, if available, for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This way it is easier to slice it, however, it is not neccecery. You can just use a really sharp knife. Once sliced into about 2 inch thick slices, scoop out the seeds.
- Season spaghetti squash with salt and pepper, then drizzle a bit of olive oil.
Place the squash in the single layer, and roast for about 25-30 minutes. The squash is done when you can easily insert a fork into the flesh and shred the flesh into spaghetti-like strands.
- While waiting for the Spaghetti Squash to be baked or roasted, saute the meat; sausage and ground beef.
- Heat the skillet to medium-high heat and add ghee to melt.
Saute Sausage and Ground beef, and add seasoning; salt, pepper, and onion powder. Cook until the meat is completely cooked through, for about 10 minutes.
- Pull the spaghetti squash out of the oven and shred the flesh into spaghetti-like strands.
- Add meat stuffing on top of the spaghetti-like strands, add cheese, shredded or slice it yourself, and place it back to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Meanwhile, saute or blanch vegetable/s of your choice. I used broccoli and red peppers to add a bit of natural sweetness, but you may use any on hand.
- Serve vegetables over the stuffed spaghetti squash and enjoy!
You can use any meat that you prefer or have. I used sausage and ground beef and it was delicious, but you may switch and use chicken and bacon, or just chicken. Even ground turkey would work. In the case of vegetables, you can use whatever vegetables you wish. I loved this combo, especially red peppers for some natural sweetness to balance it out.