Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad is one delightful meal. It is pretty and tasty. The first time I tried tofu was about 10 years ago, and let me tell you, I was not a big fan.
I know now why the first time I made tofu it did not taste as good.
To be honest, It looked so appetizing like a block of delicious cheese but it didn’t taste like cheese at all.
So, I started experimenting with different flavors to eat tofu. Right now, I absolutely enjoy tofu.
I retained exactly the same unpleasant factual structure of “Yuck!” when I tried Avocado for the first time or Peanut Butter.
I did not grow up with those foods. By all means, I believe that we had them around in certain local stores, but I have never, ever taste them.
I know that you are laughing, or shaking your head, but seriously the first time I tried delicious Peanut butter I was in my late teens, like 18 years old.
Well, I took peanut butter straight from the jar and almost puked. I know, I went away from the specific topic of this recipe.
However, I just wanted to tell you that all those foods that I positively hated or didn’t grow up eating, now I genuinely love.
I still have people asking me how the tofu tastes? It tastes like nothing, literally.
It is like a sponge, so you got to season it so the tofu could absorb the aroma and flavor. I hope you give tofu a chance. Always get organic kind. Tofu is not expensive so invest in good organic foods.
I hope you try this easy Skillet Grilled Tofu Salad recipe because it is truly delicious.
Hey, and if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share it with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
Healthy and easy salad with tofu.
- 1 pack First or Extra Firm Organic Tofu
- Salt to taste about 1/4 teaspoon on each side
- 1 teaspoon Mesquite Seasoning McCormick brand or similar
- Oil to coat the skillet
- Mixed baby greens or Arugula any on hand
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze as much water from the tofu as you can. I add just enjoy pressure not to break tofu block. Wrap in a couple of sheets of kitchen paper towel and keep pat drying it.
- Add Salt on all sides a bit then keep lightly squeezing water out of the tofu.
- Slice tofu into equal slices and add a bit of salt to taste then Mesquite Seasoning. A good pinch of seasoning, You can add any seasoning that you like or prefer, it doesn't have to necessarily be Mesquite Seasoning.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or any pan that got grill marks. You can also use a regular pan if you do not have a grill pan. Add a drizzle of oil and allow it to heat up. Turn the heat to medium-high and add tofu.
- Allow tofu to cook or grill on each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until you see that it is getting nicely golden. Flip on the other side and grill until golden.
- Prep mixed greens on the side, dress them nicely with the olive oil-lemon vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Arrange Tofu on top of the greens then add some tomatoes or any other fruit/ veggies that you would like. Drizzle some more dressing and serve.
You may use any dressing that you prefer. Personally, I just love olive oil-lemon vinaigrette. Also, my kids were dipping the tofu into buffalo-ranch and they loved it. For the tofu to taste good you got to season it to taste, simple as that.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Professional 8 Inch Chefs Knife Set - High Carbon Chef Knife + FREE BONUS Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stainless Steel Rod - High Quality , Razor Sharp, Ergonomic Grip, Balanced Weight.By YourSharpChoices
- Vegan Life Wooden Tofu Press - Removes Water From Tofu Block | Tofu Making Kit
- Bamboo Tofu Press | Removes Excess Water from Tofu in 10-15 Minutes | Solid Wood Tofu Press with Stainless Steel Hardware | Eco-Friendly and Non-Toxic Alternative to Plastic Presses | Made in USA