Hello lovely people!
Sometimes a girl just wants a nice slice of cake without feeling guilty.
This is not a sponsored post by any means but I wanted to share a recipe using “Pereg Banana Flour.” I received a box of Pereg flour to try, and banana flour just called my name. I have never worked with Banana Flour so I was a bit skeptical, but I got to tell you guys that it smells absolutely amazing and it was such a pleasure working with it.
About PEREG and quoting from their website:
Family owned since 1906, Pereg Natural Foods strives to provide our customers with the best spices and grains the world has to offer. We began as a small cart of spices at the open air market and to this day we have spices in our blood. Producing more than 60 varieties of spices, spice blends, and herbs, along with flavored ancient grain mixes, gluten-free quinoa pasta, couscous, basmati rice, spreads and breakfast cereals. All of the brand’s offerings are 100% pure, fresh and natural and never include any additives, preservatives, fillers, MSG, or food coloring. In addition, every product is OU Kosher certified, and many are Non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free certified, Whole Grain Council approved, and vegan.
I just love their message and the products as well so I decided to post a recipe. This cake is moist, delicious and most definitely addicting, but above all, you feel less guilty eating it. My family really enjoyed having a slice of their cup of Almond milk and I loved it with afternoon cup black coffee. The texture is more like you are eating brownies, maybe because I used mashed bananas which were not included in the original recipe, but I just like how the flavor of banana enhanced this cake even more.
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
Chocolate Banana Flour Cake
Gluten Free and Vegetarian
RECIPE adapted from Pereg
- 11/2 cups Pereg Gourmet Banana Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 tablespoons Cocoa unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Ripe Bananas mashed (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Milk or dairy free
- 1/2 cup Strong Coffee chilled (decaf works well too)
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil melted
- 2 large Eggs lightly mixed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper. You can also grease the pan with a bit of coconut oil.
- In the large bowl combine dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar, and cinnamon
- in the separate bowl combine wet ingredients: mashed baba, milk, coffee, coconut oil, whisked eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the mixture chocolate chips.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then pull it out of the baking pan and let it complete cooling on the wire rack for an hour or so.
You may add chocolate ganache, frosting or just powdered sugar if you desire. We like the cake as it is so I just added a bit of sweetened cocoa on the top.