Simple meals are the best, and one sheet meals are so versatile and to be honest they rock my world. When I have veggies that need to be used or I am leaving town for a few days, or maybe I just need a quick dinner, this type of meal is so welcoming.
I made roasted veggie sheet dinners and served it with noodles or rice with a drizzle of soy sauce, and I made something like this with different veggies or fish.
Switching it up depending what I have in my fridge or a freezer.
Everyone happy and I didn’t spend more than like 10 minutes in my kitchen preparing this, I call that win-win situation.
Lemon-Herbs Chicken with Asparagus Sheet Dinner
- 1 split Chicken Breast 1 whole chicken breast split in half
- 1 Bunch Asparagus + a good pinch of salt
- 1/2-1 Lemon Meyer Lemon, if possible, 4-5 slices
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning per breast for both sides (Mrs. Dash without sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt per breast on both sides, or to taste (a generous pinch of salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1 Rosemary sprig remove leaves from the stem
- Drizzle of Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Prepare chicken by seasoning it with lemon-pepper and salt, then add herbs and rub all over the chicken.
- Now on the bottom of the baking sheet add (washed and trimmed) asparagus, I trim about an inch from the bottom of the asparagus, it is too woody.
- Add a generous pinch of Kosher Salt all over the asparagus and lemon-pepper seasoning, drizzle a bit of oil then rub it all over the asparagus and separate it in a single layer, as you can see on the picture.
- Place chicken breast on top of the asparagus, add lemon slices on top of the chicken and sides as well, then drizzle a bit of oil all over. About 1 tablespoon altogether because chicken breast is pretty lean.
- Bake it for about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken and if the internal temperature thermometer reads 165F (at the thickest part of the chicken) then the chicken is cooked and safe to eat. Serve with rice or quinoa, and similar, and salad.
You can use chicken with skin on. If you are cooking in the oven I would use the broiler for a minute or two just get that skin extra crunchy. You can also wrap skinless chicken breast with the hickory smoked bacon. Any leftovers place in the container and keep it in the fridge for 3 days, or freeze it for up to a month. If you keep it more then 3 days it loses the tastiness fo me that is why I always recommend 3 days. You can most definitely use other vegetables such as broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes or cauliflower, just an example. For each adult, count on having about 4 to 5 ounces of cooked chicken. 10 ounces of uncooked boneless chicken breasts will yield approximately 6 1/2 ounces cooked, while 10 ounces of uncooked boneless chicken thighs will yield approximately 5 ounces cooked. I cooked this sheet dinner on my Traeger grill/smoker. You can use the oven, it is the same method. Check your Lemon-Pepper seasoning for the sodium. Mine did not have any sodium that is why I used salt to season the chicken, but if your seasoning contains sodium most likely you would not need to add any additional salt.