Egg Salad on a nest of Arugula or Rocket with seven seeds and multigrain bread served with a delicious kumato slices, lightly seasoned with sea salt. This was such a perfect lunch.
If you never tried egg salad with tartar sauce, then you will love it, of course, if you actually like the taste of tartar.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1/3 cup Tartar sauce
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Mustard
- 1/2 stalk of Celery minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 tbsp. Green Onions chopped
- Arugula or any other greens on hand
- 1/4 tsp. Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika or Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- Roughly chop hard-boiled eggs and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash slightly with a fork to break up the yolks.
- Add celery, pepper and green onions, then add seasoning. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add Tartar sauce, mayonnaise, and mustard, then mix again.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise and divide egg salad between bottom bread halves. If the bread is already sliced than just add egg salad one side, top it with any greens, arugula, baby spinach, lettuce, spring mixed greens, etc.
- Refrigerate unused Egg salad.
I love adding unusual things to traditional meals, like egg salad. I know that tartar sauce and turmeric are not traditionally added to egg salads, but it works perfectly together. YOU DO NOT have to add it if you don't want to. As for mustard, if you like Dijon mustard or Whole grain mustard, please use what you like or have. I used Olive Oil Mayo and Yellow Mustard. That is what we use and like.