I have been on the salad kick lately, and I absolutely love it.
I think this combination of ingredients works pretty well with each other and a nice sour taste from vinaigrette gives you a nice zesty taste which is just perfect for this salad.
I decided to add radishes for extra crunch and let me tell ya, I loved it. Seriously, this could replace a side dish.
I hope you guys like it and enjoy this delicious recipe.
Butternut Squash, Beans and Onions over Mixed Greens -Salad
- 1/2 Butternut squash cubed (boiled or roasted)
- 4 cups Mixed Greens roughly chopped
- 1 can Cannellini Beans
- 1 Onion sliced
- 5 Radishes sliced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1/4 tbsp Organic Turmeric
- Sea Salt to taste 1/4-1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Parsley
- Slice Onion into thin slices.
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and submerge onion slices in the vinaigrette. Allow it to quick pickle for at least one hour.
- Carefully peel butternut squash, cut it in half, remove the gut of the squash then slice and cube it. You can add cubed butternut squash in salted boiled water (4 cups water + 1/2 tbsp. Salt) and boil until tender, do not overcook, or preheat oven to 375F and roast them until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Add a pinch or two of salt and ground black pepper with a drizzle of olive oil if you are going to roast it. Allow it to cool down before using it in the salad.
- Wash and pat dry Mixed Greens with kitchen paper towel. You can use any on hand. Chop greens roughly into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Combine together Cooked (boiled or roasted) butternut squash and drained cannellini beans, the drizzle vinaigrette and stir.
- Add onions to it, but reserve a tablespoon of vinaigrette to dress mixed greens.
- On a large platter, add chopped mixed greens, drizzle a bit of vinaigrette and lightly toss.
- Add butternut squash, beans and onions on top of the mixed greens.
- Slice radishes and top the salad for an extra crunch.