Extraordinary Mixed Greens Kiwifruit and Strawberry Salad is so refreshing, delicious and perfect for the upcoming summer season. Â You can truly make it however you prefer.
Also, you can add more cheese or no cheese at all, add croutons, or serve it with crackers, yes, that’s a beauty of a salad that you can customize it however you want.
The funny thing is that I never liked adding fruit to my salad, except for tomatoes. I always thought it will taste weird and it did for a bit.
At first, I started with apple, cranberries, and pomegranates. However, nowadays I toss any fruit with my greens. Â I think we simply need to develop the taste for it.
For example, I used to dislike avocados and asparagus. It was just not my cup of tea, but I really love both now. Honestly, I do not know what happened, but something changed in my taste department.
Anyhow, just like me, my family feels the same way. Addition of fruit to salads just adds that extra element of sweetness which is very pleasant.
If you make this tasty Mixed Greens, Kiwifruit and Strawberry Salad or any other recipe from my blog, please tag me. Instagram @sandraseasycooking with hashtags #sandraseasycooking.
I would love to see your delicious creations and share with my followers as well. Thank you so much in advance!
- 3 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 cup baby Spinach
- 1/2 lbs Strawberries about 1/2 of the pack
- 3 Kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Toasted sliced Almonds
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese *optional
Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons Orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Mayonnaise, I used Olive Oil Mayo
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Poppy Seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Za'atar, optional
- Mix mixed greens and spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing (vinaigrette) over it and toss it gently together, about 2 to 3 tablespoons or as you desire. You can use my simple dressing in the notes or Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette, which goes very well with this salad.
- Wash and slice fruit and again very gently toss it with greens.
- Add a handful of toasted sliced almonds and serve cheese on the side.
- Garnish it with Za’atar, not necessary but it gives you a wonderful taste and compliment to the salad.
Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette
- Whisk the lemon, and orange juice with the mustard, and mayonnaise.
- Add in olive oil and continue whisking until the dressing is creamy.
- Stir in the poppy seeds, and season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
My absolute favorite vinaigrette is simple. I just mix Lemon juice, Olive oil, salt, and black pepper to taste. I used that on most of my salads, however, Poppy Seeds Vinaigrette works very well with these kinds of salads. I do not add any sweetener, but you can add about 1/2 teaspoon of honey if you like that better. If you have somebody who does not eat dairy my simple dressing is a pretty amazing option, also you can totally skip mayo in the poppy seeds vinaigrette and use 1/2 ripe avocado for the creaminess. If you do not have almonds, then use cashews instead.
- Le'raze Elegant Wooden Salad Bowl with Serving Fork and Spoon for Mixing and Serving, Acacia Wood Serving Bowl for Fruits or Salads – 10-inch Round
- Cuisinart CTG-00-SSAS Salad Spinner, Green
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.