Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is one more pasta and chicken recipe that I wanted to share with you guys. Well, nobody is certainly complaining at my house, so shamelessly I have decided to post it.
The most popular protein in my house that we eat repeatedly is chicken, plus pasta is always a hit. I cannot lie!
Last week my dear husband, Shone, took me out on a date. Yes, we do dates even after so many years of being together. I think it keep us connected when we do things together even if it’s a dinner out.
Anyways, to cut the story short, I had this Cajun chicken pasta. Well, I hate eating out simply because it is not economical, and I could make a far better dinner for less money. I hope you agree with me on this one.
Well, as I was saying, I knew that I could make it more tasty at home, even though the dish was quite delicious.
I do not want to offend anyone, nonetheless, but pasta and chicken dishes are kind of my thing, so I have nothing further to discuss.
The next few days I had this pasta or idea marinating in my head. I just had to recreate that meal that we had a few nights before.
Nowadays, it is one of those dishes that you will cook often because it’s truly super easy, inexpensive and so delicious.
Similar recipes that you might like:
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes
- Pasta, Cheese with Chicken and Peas
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
If you make my Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta please let me know by tagging me on facebook or Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking with hashtags, #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance, everyone, and Happy Cooking!
Easy and tasty pasta dinner for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning to taste for the chicken about 2 teaspoons, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil for the peppers
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter for the peppers
- 3-4 different color Bell Peppers sliced into strips
- 1/4 Onion sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon or more Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon dry Parsley
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne
- Cajun Seasoning: Mix it all together and keep it in the glass jar or container with a lid. It should be used within 6 months.
- Boil water for the spaghetti and add about 1 tablespoon of salt. When it boils add pasta and cook according to the package. Do not overcook it. Drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season it with Cajun Seasoning. About 2 teaspoons for everything, but you may add later some more. Heat the pan or a skillet with oil and cook chicken on a medium-high temperature. Turn after 2-3 minutes and keep turning until it cooks through. The internal temp for the chicken breast is 165F. Place it on the kitchen paper towel until ready to serve. Or you can do cook chicken at the same time as pasta/sauce so it all finishes at the same time.
- On the other side, heat the skillet or a pan with olive oil and butter. Add sliced peppers and onion. Cook it for approximately 10-12 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring often to prevent from burning. You want peppers to be cooked but not over-cooked, so you are looking that they are still holding a form and have a bit of crunch.
- While the peppers are cooking mix roux by combining whole milk with a tablespoon of flour. Mix until there are no more lumps. Yes, you can technically use whipped cream but milk works fine when you mix it with a bit of flour.
- Add ROUX to the peppers and stir. It will start to come together as soon as you see that the milk is heating through. If it's too thick, then just add a splash of milk and stir, otherwise, continue with the next step which is adding shaved parm cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning to give your sauce extra edge. Stir again. It will start to thicken. You may try the sauce to see if you need a bit more salt or other seasonings.
- Add cooked pasta and mix to coat, then add a bit of dried parsley and more shaved parm cheese if you wish.
- Serve it with the cajun chicken immediately.
You may use gluten-free pasta.